Do you "look after yourself?"

I didn't used to do any of it myself either but it all sort of sneaked in and then a few days ago I realised I spend about 90 minutes a day showering, moisturising, sorting my hair, cleanse, tone, mositurise, microdermabrasion, put make up on, hair masks, face masks. It's crazy when I think about it, I used to jump in the shower, wash my hair, wash my body and I was done but now a shower takes thirty minutes :rofl:

It is nice to know I'm not alone though

I really don't! I shower and wash my hair every day but when I'm working I don't dry it, just shove it up in a bun. I can't wear nail polish for work either although I do try and do my toes regularly.
I haven't had my haircut for about 5 months, I cut my own fringe when it needs it.
Never wear makeup as it always looks awful!

I used to utiil i got pregnant...i feel terrible, nauseas all the time...therefore i have founf im totally neglecting myself...bushy eyebrows...hairy arms...not moisturising...its the wrong time really!! The only thing i do, do is bath everyday!xx

I shave, paint my nails, moisturise my body (when i remember lol), wax my eyebrows every 6 weeks or so, or just pluck if i dont have the time to go the salon.

I usually wear make up if im going out, but if i plan to just pop to the supermarket i dont bother with make up, i probably get my hair cut once a year too :dohh: i shower everyday but i like to indulge in a very hot bath if both kids are in bed early lol.

I shave, pluck my eyebrows, paint my nails and wear makeup whenever I go out. I have "trained" my hair to not need washing as much (used to get greasy after one day) so now I just blowdry every 2-3 days when I wash it. I wash my face and moisturise twice a day, with a vitamin oil at night. I try to do a scrub and mask once a week.

I also pop out for a professional treatment whenever I get a chance. I'm having a paraffin wax foot treatment tomorrow night as my "last hurrah" before the baby is born :haha:

It is the only thing I do for "me". I don't really go out much or spend money on myself or have any hobbies so I need to take care of myself for my mental health.

Well, I am quite low maintenance I think. My hair is long and sits nice after I blow dry it (which I do whilst on the computer, no styling). I hardly wear any makeup, some foundation and power and that's it, and not always. I like nice clothes, but I stopped buying the last couple of years, but find I still have lots of stuff to wear. I should take more care of my skin as its not great, this thread has inspired me to do so. I get my nails done in the summer, once :rofl: I've actually only had my hair cut once in the last 15 months, as I've had some back problems and didn't fancy the washing chair. Its really really long, but it looks fine, should go and have some cut though as it gets full of cots and hurts, sometimes DH will have to brush it out for me because I can't, ouch!

For me looking after myself would be to do the following:take the time to meditate and do relaxation exercises, eat healthy and do exercise. I sometimes am good at this, and plenty other times I am not :blush: But being clean and feeling pretty can help a lot too. When I was recovering from my agoraphobia I could never do it unless I was dressed nicely, it gave me some extra confidence I suppose.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->