Do you "look after yourself?"

Before having kids I spent a fortune on looking after myself! I am a clarins junkie and was always trying out new products, had my nails done in a salon every two weeks, regular waxes, full make up to post a letter, nail varnish done on my toes fresh every few days. I had a massive beauty product collection and a massive beauty regime!

These days I have a nice bubble bath every night, wash and condition hair every other day, face pack once a week, full make up and straighten hair every day and cleanse, tone and moisturise twice a day but I don't spend all the money on expensive products and I can't afford getting my nails done or professional waxing anymore. I feel as though I don't make as much effort anymore and I would like to get back to making more of an effort.

Yes. Everyday.

I shower each morning with very nice products, I wash my hair and blow dry it every other day.

I always ALWAYS have breakfast, lunch and dinner....alone! No holding baby, no feeding baby etc etc Millie knows Mummy has her food in peace ;)

I also treat myself to something in the shops once a week if I see something I like - this week was new pajamas & a pair of jeans.

I think it's very important I look after myself and always feel very well. I am a mummy now but I was always Sue first.

My mum and the girls godmum was on at me because i never moisturise. I said fine i'll do and got some Nivea....made my skin go all blotchy. This is why i dont bother :haha:

I shower and shave and hope for the best!

Not as much as I should.
I do the obvious shower, shave, moisturise. Make up wise I wear mascara and sometimes lipstick and/or eyeshadow, maybe foundation if I can be bothered, I'll make an effort with my make up if I'm going "out" out in the evening, but haven't been out since just before DD was born. I paint my nails once a week (but not always). I don't do much with my hair- usually straighten my fringe and just stick the rest in a bun, or French plaits. I love straightening my hair nicely but can't find the time at the moment- I feel too guilty doing it instead of housework or work.

This thread has inspired me to go and have a bath (I've only had showers since DD was born as she's usually on me, I love baths!), pluck my eyebrows, wack on a face mask, hair mask and paint my nails :dance:

My mum and the girls godmum was on at me because i never moisturise. I said fine i'll do and got some Nivea....made my skin go all blotchy. This is why i dont bother :haha:

I moisturise my face but I never moisturise my body - fuck that it takes sooooo long! I don't ever get dry skin though so perhaps we are onto something :haha:

I have certain appointments that I wouldn't miss, like getting my eyebrows waxed and tinted every 2 weeks and having my hair dyed and trimmed every 6 weeks or so. Manicures and pedicures have become more sporadic since LO came along but I always make sure my nails are painted and every few months or so I have a proper pedicure. I shower and moisturise every night and am always up to date with waxing, my hair gets washed every other day and I usually have it in a messy bun or side plait at work so that it looks 'done' but literally takes seconds. I definitely feel better when I take the time for myself, at weekends I don't wear makeup unless we are going somewhere (usually never) but i Wear it through the week at work to avoid being told I look tired and pale lol

I moisturise my face but I never moisturise my body - fuck that it takes sooooo long! I don't ever get dry skin though so perhaps we are onto something :haha:

I tried to quit the daily body moisturising but my skin was just awful after a few days. I was sure if I stuck it out it'd get better but I couldn't handle it :haha: I wish I didn't have to do it

I shower every morning, dry my hair and put in pony or bun! That's basically as much as I do, il shave my legs if I remember, have never worn makeup on a day to day basis, only mascara and lip gloss for a night out. My only real vanity is my eyebrows I get them waxed every 3/4 weeks, mine are big bushy mono brow who could be arsed plucking that? :haha:

I shower and shave everything everynite do mynails and eyebrows every 2 days I work on reception so have full make up and bun everyday although I just hate hair so struggle with that part of it I recently got a fringe to try and make more effort. I moisturise everynite 2. When it comes to weekend I like to have messy hair flats and baggys tshirts

Nothing like I used to. I shower every day and wear lip gloss and mascara. I usually let my hai r dry naturally, its curly so looks ok but if I have 5 mins ill run the straightners through it. Hubby works on n oil rig so usually shave just before he gets back :/

I get my hair done about every three mths at a decent salon.

I'm too tired to be arsed most the time to do much else x

Yeah I do! It makes me feel good about myself...plus I like to feel "desirable" and I just don't if I pull on sweats and don't wash my hair in the mornings!

I get my hair done every 6 weeks (colour) and get it cut every other time. Manicure every 3 weeks and give myself a facial at home twice a week. I get fake tan done for holidays but not as a permanent thing.

I wear makeup daily- usually minimal for work/casual day out (mascara and foundation) and then "full" for nice days out/nights out (eyeliner and sometimes eye shadow)

It has always been part of my routine so its natural to me.

I shave daily during the summer, but in the winter...not as often :haha:

I currently have acrylic nails, but I don't know how long I'll keep them. I get them trimmed down, and they still manage to interfere with various tasks.

Toenails are currently painted, but also because it's summer.

I only wear makeup if it's a special occasion.

I try to work out. A little. :haha:

I spend about as much time on myself as I did before I had Lucas. I'm clean and wear make-up, bubble bath about once a week, my hair is a frigging mess but it always has been :lol:

I do. I don't wear make up often or wear my hair in any more than a pony tail.

But I cleanse and moiturise twice a day. I don't shave my kegs as often as I should as they're sensitive.

I keep my nails either clean or painted.

So as much as I feel my body needs.

I'm showered every day, wash hair every other day, full makeup whenever I go out and I TRY to have my nails painted nicely all the time.

I'm crap with skincare though! And it shows :( I need help in that area! xxx

Yeah I do try my best to look after myself. I eat as clean as poss, gym once/twice a week. Dance twice a week. I have a good skin care routine. Use good products etc.
I don't often wear make up (I like my skin to breathe!) but I own lots of it and do make sure im presentable when I do go out :).

I do, a lot.. :blush:
Shower every morning, do my skin care (cleanse, tone, moisturise), hair & make-up everyday before I leave the house, bath every night, shave most nights if I need to, again do my skin care, apply foot cream, body lotion etc. I paint my nails and my toe nails every 2-3 days (or as soon as they chip)
I sometimes do face masks and stuff too or hair treatments and I also sometimes fake tan.
That all makes me sound very high maintenance :lol: but I like doing it all because if I don't I don't feel good about myself

I must admit that I first thought you meant an entirely different kind of 'looking after yourself'!!:blush:

I kind of do, but not as much as I'd like. I have to shower, wash my hair and put on makeup before I leave the house, but I don't moisturise my body hardly ever, and don't shave my legs often enough either!! I used to get my hair cut and coloured but I just dye it myself now every couple of months, and I always used to paint my nails lovely but they're currently a chipped mess!

I'm back at work next week so I think I'll start making more of an effort again then, seeing as all my workmates will be well groomed and I'll have clients to see!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->