Do you "look after yourself?"

My mum and the girls godmum was on at me because i never moisturise. I said fine i'll do and got some Nivea....made my skin go all blotchy. This is why i dont bother :haha:

I moisturise my face but I never moisturise my body - fuck that it takes sooooo long! I don't ever get dry skin though so perhaps we are onto something :haha:

I tried to quit the daily body moisturising but my skin was just awful after a few days. I was sure if I stuck it out it'd get better but I couldn't handle it :haha: I wish I didn't have to do it

:lol: It's all about finding the right moisturiser for your skin type. I'm a Body Shop junkie, their body butters are lovely. If you don't have time to moisturise, dry oil sprays are great, you just spray them on and you're good to go :)

I can't get out of the routine of moisturising every day either. I really enjoy smelling nice, having smooth skin etc.

I really enjoy it, and it has done wonders for my mental health. So what do you do?

Agree with this :thumbup: I try and make an effort with my appearance as it makes me feel good, I feel more confident and in control. I have a wedding to go to next week and will be making one hell of an effort with my appearance, otherwise I will have no confidence seeing all those people.

I find that I have a lot more self confidence if I'm clean/made up/smell nice etc. I literally have a product for every part of my body, full body moisturiser, foot cream, hand cream, cuticle oil. I'm very set in my ways now and I really don't feel like "me" if I've not done my routine.

I must admit that I first thought you meant an entirely different kind of 'looking after yourself'!!:blush:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: I actually thought of that whilst I was writing the title too. If this was one of those type of threads it wouldn't be in general :lol:

Er I shower clean my teeth wash my face throw my wet hair into a bun and thats it!

Night time, I sometimes have a bubble bath I brush my teeth, use face wipes!

I shave every other day-I am better at this now I go to the gym-it used to be once a week!

Eyerbrows threaded or waxed every 6 ish weeks ( was 3-4 but cant afford it now) IF we are doing something in between I pluck them if not-they grow! haha!

I am trying to body brush twice a week and use moisturizer when i do this, I would like to moisturize every day.

I think I have worn make up about 10 times since Lo was born, and straighten my hair about the same number of time! My hair should be in better condition as I straighten it less (used to be every other day before LO) but its not still breaks sooo easily!

Ohh I paint my toe nails, but just paint over the old color they have been the same emerald green since June! never paint my finger nails.

xxx

Oh I love the bodyshop butters :) xxx

I would say I do :)! nice hot long baths, use body butter everyday all over, moisturiser on my face everyday. exfoliate. make up on everyday I work/go out. not if I am in the house doing nothing. pluck eyebrows when needed, shave ect when needed. use good shampoo and conditioner when I feel like I need a pick me up. if my facebreaks out I have amazing soap :) I used to used to use the sunbeds if I broke out which work amazingly but obviously have health risks, and I can do my own acrylics and gel nails so do my nails quite alot.

I bath every morning, hair conditioned every day and shampooed every 3 days. I love moisturising my bump, but I use free samples or what lotions I have left in my bathroom cupboard.

Reading this thread I've realised I've never had a professional treatment apart from a hair cut - the last one was last year some time.

I used to have a massive Lush addiction, but I've gone really frugal since having babies and I get more pleasure from saving my pennies and I can't spend £5 on a tub of goop without feeling guilty, which is silly because we could probably afford it. That's spending on anything though, not just beauty products.

That said, I do love to look after myself and when I make the effort it gives me a lovely little boost. I try to use products that I've had free (for example I've got 5 pots to take back to Lush from the good old days to exchange for a free face mask) or have had as gifts. I eke them out, so if I have some bubbles or nice body scrubs for Christmas I will still be using them by June, but I try to have an evening once a week where I have a smelly bath with my book and then put on all my goops and gunks.

I can't really do it all that much now because my big bump gets in the way of having a good bath, but as soon as baby is born I'll be in that tub with a glass of wine! I do try to look after myself in terms of having some time to myself in the day too, even if that means getting up early in the morning before DS and DH.

After reading this thread I went and bought some lotions and potions!

Wish it was the sexy potion from Shrek :haha:

xxx

Not as much as I'd like. I shower and wash my hair every day but it just gets thrown up in a bun, I shave twice a week and try to moisturise twice a week too. Hair gets dyed when my greys become too noticeable.

I shower most days, wash hair every 2 or 3 days. In the summer I shave my legs every time I shower but not so much in winter. I only moisturise my legs, only after shaving (I get a rash if I don't, otherwise I wouldn't bother). Hair gets cut when it starts getting too long and I trim my fringe when it starts getting in my eyes.
The only time I really pamper myself is on sauna night and I rub scented sauna honey all over my skin.

Now I am depressed reading this lol.

I last had my hair professionally cut in June 1999 for my high school leaving ceremony and have done it myself since.
I DIY my hair colour when OH comments on my grey strands.
I shower every morning, literally in and out ASAP as kids will be crying.
I own sources shower gel, tresemme shampoo/conditioner and thats it.
I shave my legs about 3 times a year and my armpits about every 2mths-I dont grow hair so not needed and I have never plucked my eyebrows as again not needed.
I have not worn make up since about May as my foundation is light and I have tanned in the sun.
My only perfume got smashed so now I have a perfume oil that smells like gucci flora.
I havent had a bath since I was pregnant with LO.
I never cleanse/tone/mosturise never have

My beauty sucks! lol

Not really, I just don't have time, 3 babies under the age of 3 ....... Any time I do get to myself is spent sleeping lol

I never have time really, or money to treat myself to a pamper elsewhere.

My hair is usually just in a ponytail unless I'm going out (in which case I'll give it a quick straighten), I never wear makeup in the house unless friends are coming over.

I don't ever get dressed in the morning unless I'm going out or friends are coming over.

I never moisturise, or anything like that. I shave my legs when I remember (every 1-2 weeks), I shave my armpits every time I have a bath.

I never have my hair cut, I try to pluck my eyebrows every few weeks. I bite my nails, so no point doing anything there.

Wow, no wonder I always look so scruffy :( xx

I was, but over the last few months I've not been at all. I've been eating rubbish, getting no exercise and not getting enough sleep. I feel like crap all the time and I know I need to get back on track with eating healthily and looking after myself!

No, but this thread makes me wanna regain a little of that again :) I shower then dry hair or throw it up in a messy bun. Shave legs once a month. Used to spend 2 hours a day getting ready pre children. 1 came along it dropped to an hour, then now its the above.

I wear a little makeup everyday, have hair cut and coloured(but not often enough!) i shave fairly often lol and have a bath every day. I do tend to wear my hair up or it annoys me and gets in my eyes. I have a massage, pedi or mani once in the blue moon

Ah, good thread TM :)

I shower everyday, wash and condition my hair every other day, do a hair mask once a week.

I stopped straightening my hair last June and have only dont it since about 4 times. I get it professionally cut maybe twice a year, its in fab condition so i must be doing something right.

I wear make up everyday, moisturise twice a day (face, neck, arms and feet only) and like to wear fresh clothes each day.

Shave once a week, wax my eyebrows once a fortnight also.

Thats about it really...

Lellow I didn't know you had another bubba! Huge congrats, what lovely news! Xx

I'm very much a person who has to keep on top of things in regards to looking after myself. I cleanse tone and moisturise everyday. I exfoliate my body and face every day/second day. I put a treatment in my hair once a week and get it trimmed every 6 weeks (no more colour, no time, it used to take 3 hours to do all the coloring and cut, no way can I do that now). I get pedicures and manicures every so often but I generally do it myself once a week (sometimes twice if any polish is chipped, I can't handle chipped polish, I'm completely OCD about it). My hair is always styled and I always put on makeup before going out (not so much if I'm just going food shopping or something). I go for waxes as often as i can or do it myself at home, i hate hair! I do my eyebrows every week without fail. I go to the gym 3 times a week, try to run every morning and eat healthy through the week (my weekends though I eat what I want, I really love food!) I must always find the time to do it all otherwise I don't feel like myself!

Whenever I'm not on placement (nursing) I do my nails nice, often with short fakes because my natural nails are a bit meh.
I always moisturise, wear make up most days, and like to look after my hair (although I'm rubbish at making it look good!)

Not as much as I should :(

I shower and wash my hair everyday, shave everywhere every 3 days or so, exfoliate and moisturize my face, blowdry my hair, straighten if it's mank, full make up if I'm going out anywhere.. I do my eyebrows as an when, they are naturally never thin and blonde though so I go for ages without touching them.

My nails are shite, i'm rubbish at taking off colour so I mainly just have chipped painted nails.

I get my hair highlighted and cut every 8 weeks.

I never take baths or moisturize my body or anything fancy like that!

My main focus is clothes though, I can't leave the house without a proper outfit on :D

I can't go out without make up. I tan my face every other night (save on the foundation) tan my body whenever I'm going out.

I shower every day, wash my hair 3 times a week, straighten etc...

I have my nails done every 3 weeks, waxing, eyebrows done and eyelash tint every 6 weeks.

Facials every 2 months

I have had semi permanent make up on my eyes and brows to save on make up time in the mornings :thumbup:

Hair done once every 6 weeks

I spend quite a bit of money on hair and beauty every month but feel its worth it

i have bath and wash hair everyday, shave twice a week, pluck eye brows once a month and then wash face and brush teeth everyday. i never tend to do foundation except on special occasions as though next month i will be 29 i have sensitive skin and will come out spotty. most days i dont bother with makeup and if i do just eye makeup done for natural look and lip balm. i dont colour hair just because it is same colour as los so i like that connection lol. clothes are usually jeans, trainers and a jumper or t shirt. i dont bother to much with a rigid moisturising routine. i have been asked if my mums home several times by sales people and always get id, so cant look that old lol as my family dont get wrinkles that bad. my grandma is 90 but looks about 20 years younger than that. So i guess im always clean and tidy, but dont spend alot of money on beauty stuff, maybe i should lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->