Do you LOVE the name you picked?

lovehearts

Reaction score
Hi,

We found out we are having a girl a couple of weeks ago now and we are struggling to agree on a name.

There is one name which we both like, but i dont LOVE it. :shrug: When we had our son I loved his name, it had a real meaning for my husband and I loved that but this time thats not there.

So do you LOVE the names you have picked? Or have you Just liked them until the baby came along.

:flower:

yep

I love all the names we have picked out and even though I only have 1 child (not 6) when I have more there names are already set in stone

I didn't LOVE the name Alice, but tbh, I didn't really LOVE that many girls names. OH picked Alice and I did like it and thought it went well with Emily (Emily is after my best friend) so I said yes. I did have other names picked but we both liked Alice, the others only one did.

I love the name I have chosen for my son (and actually love two boy names) but girl names have been a bit more difficult for me.

Naming your baby is SO important. I've always had tons of baby names picked out of the book and have always felt indecisive, however, once I became actually pregnant it was like none of the names were good enough.

Whatever I name my baby is what we will be calling him/her for the rest of everyone's lives, LOL. So, it becomes very important. And I still haven't found a baby girl name that I feel 100% content with, though I like many, I don't feel "love" for any of them.

I think thats the problem, i like so many girls names and hubby hates anything i suggest as we have very different taste in girls names. I do really like the name we have picked out but as im wavering on it i am wondering if its the right one :shrug: Its so difficult. xx

I love the boy's name we've picked. We both do, it really has a lot of meaning for us, as does the girl's middle name. I like the girl's first name, but I'm still open to new names. Not too worried until the gender scan, though.

I love my little boys name but would have regretted my name choices if I had a girl as I only liked them and have now actually gone off all three! Luckily we had a boy and I loved his name and love it even more now a year down the line :0) If we had another I have another boys name I love but no girls names at all :0(

I'm like a pp, I didn't love any girls names. Oh chose our daughters name and I do really like it and am 100% sure we chose the "right" one as its different and I don't know anyone else called it. I LOVED the name we'd chosen for a boy - we were team yellow - and still do but I was convinced that I was carrying a boy so had my heart set on that name in particular. We didn't settle on a girls name until my oh told me we'd had a girl and it just seemed right.

Xx

I love my son's name (Daniel Julian), and I love the names I have picked for Baby #2.

The only issue I have with my girl's name is that I think other people will react like it's a dumb choice, but it has meaning to me. (It's not an ugly or wacky name or anything... It just has a VERY specific correlation).

The thing about having a spouse/partner/whatever is that you may have to compromise on a name that you just like instead of love. You may even wind up (one way or another) getting stuck with a name you don't care for.

I love DD's name (Harley Kaye), and if baby #2 is a girl, I absolutely adore the name we have picked out for her (Evelyn Ivy). I'm fortunate that DH easily agreed to those names. However, he has some crazy-ass taste in boys' names, and he's been more insistent about naming a boy. So while I'm getting a middle name that I love (which we'll use as a given name), I'm settling on a first name that I just like. It's one of the least-bizarre of his choices.

To be honest I just liked the name we had picked originally for our daughter, but when she was actually born we realized it wasnt her name and now I *LOVE* the name we picked right on the spot. :)

I love the name we gave DS but I love it more as a man's name so it feels a bit weird on a baby! But he won't be a baby very long, I wanted to pick a name for him as a man. His name is Dexter. :)

I loved all the names we picked during pregnancy but I'll be honest - a couple of my kids names I wish we'd given them other names.

For instance, my daughter Melissa is almost always called Mia. I just wish we gave her that name in the first place.

Bryce is the other one I wish we chose differently. It suits him but it's just so unusal. His middle name is Daniel which I wish we had given him as a first name.

PICS love the names we have picked out. We had 2 different names that we both liked and had settled on but then these two came up and I live them both, I can't imagin calling my baby anything else. I loved ds name to and as soon as I said it we both knew that's what he'd be called and the same with dd and even though dd's name is now quite common we still love it!

The thing about having a spouse/partner/whatever is that you may have to compromise on a name that you just like instead of love. You may even wind up (one way or another) getting stuck with a name you don't care for.

I love DD's name (Harley Kaye), and if baby #2 is a girl, I absolutely adore the name we have picked out for her (Evelyn Ivy). I'm fortunate that DH easily agreed to those names. However, he has some crazy-ass taste in boys' names, and he's been more insistent about naming a boy. So while I'm getting a middle name that I love (which we'll use as a given name), I'm settling on a first name that I just like. It's one of the least-bizarre of his choices.

this is exactly what were like :thumbup:

I love my son's name (Daniel Julian), and I love the names I have picked for Baby #2.

The only issue I have with my girl's name is that I think other people will react like it's a dumb choice, but it has meaning to me. (It's not an ugly or wacky name or anything... It just has a VERY specific correlation).

Who cares what other people think of it right....they don't like it meaning they won't use it.

I love poppys name it suits her perfectly, but we couldnt decide on a name for freya I loved evie but dh really didn't so he got the name he loved instead as I was ok with it. I once went to a baby group and one of the mums was called freya and it really suited her and made me like it more. I think as long as your both ok with it the child will grow into it and you'll love it x

I love my boy's name, I think Noah suits him beautifully and it's such a classic name. I love the fact that it can't be shortened because I don't particularly care for nicknames or shortened versions. I am slightly annoyed that since we named him Noah its gone mad in popularity, but what can you do. Thankfully at least we don't personally know any other Noahs.

We've chosen Milo for baby boy number two and it took ages to find a name we both loved. But oh my gosh I love it now. When I first thought of it I was umming and ahhing but now I've fallen completely in love with it, and when he goes nuts in my belly it makes me chuckle and chastise my naughty Milo, he really is already Milo :haha:

I love my boy's name, I think Noah suits him beautifully and it's such a classic name. I love the fact that it can't be shortened because I don't particularly care for nicknames or shortened versions. I am slightly annoyed that since we named him Noah its gone mad in popularity, but what can you do. Thankfully at least we don't personally know any other Noahs.

We've chosen Milo for baby boy number two and it took ages to find a name we both loved. But oh my gosh I love it now. When I first thought of it I was umming and ahhing but now I've fallen completely in love with it, and when he goes nuts in my belly it makes me chuckle and chastise my naughty Milo, he really is already Milo :haha:

I too love names that cannot be shorten. We named our dog thinking it couldn't be shorten but some how my MIL found a way. It absolutely drives me nuts!!!!!!!!! Everytime she says her shortened version of his name it just gets up under skin like nails on a chalkboard.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->