Do you LOVE the name you picked?

I loved our sons name and love 3 different girl names but don't love any other boys names so if this bump is a boy we are stuck! Xxx

I love my boy's name, I think Noah suits him beautifully and it's such a classic name. I love the fact that it can't be shortened because I don't particularly care for nicknames or shortened versions. I am slightly annoyed that since we named him Noah its gone mad in popularity, but what can you do. Thankfully at least we don't personally know any other Noahs.

We've chosen Milo for baby boy number two and it took ages to find a name we both loved. But oh my gosh I love it now. When I first thought of it I was umming and ahhing but now I've fallen completely in love with it, and when he goes nuts in my belly it makes me chuckle and chastise my naughty Milo, he really is already Milo :haha:

I too love names that cannot be shorten. We named our dog thinking it couldn't be shorten but some how my MIL found a way. It absolutely drives me nuts!!!!!!!!! Everytime she says her shortened version of his name it just gets up under skin like nails on a chalkboard.

never understood this, I make sure all my kids names can have multiple options/nicknames same as not giving a child a middle name :wacko:

at the end of the day its not your name, its your child and they didn't even get a say, the more options they have the more likely they are to like one and feel comfortable with it - all the people I know with short names that dont shorten and no middle names hate it because they have no options

I love my boy's name, I think Noah suits him beautifully and it's such a classic name. I love the fact that it can't be shortened because I don't particularly care for nicknames or shortened versions. I am slightly annoyed that since we named him Noah its gone mad in popularity, but what can you do. Thankfully at least we don't personally know any other Noahs.

We've chosen Milo for baby boy number two and it took ages to find a name we both loved. But oh my gosh I love it now. When I first thought of it I was umming and ahhing but now I've fallen completely in love with it, and when he goes nuts in my belly it makes me chuckle and chastise my naughty Milo, he really is already Milo :haha:

I too love names that cannot be shorten. We named our dog thinking it couldn't be shorten but some how my MIL found a way. It absolutely drives me nuts!!!!!!!!! Everytime she says her shortened version of his name it just gets up under skin like nails on a chalkboard.

never understood this, I make sure all my kids names can have multiple options/nicknames same as not giving a child a middle name :wacko:

at the end of the day its not your name, its your child and they didn't even get a say, the more options they have the more likely they are to like one and feel comfortable with it - all the people I know with short names that dont shorten and no middle names hate it because they have no options

Well I'm coming from the perspective of someone with a name that could be shortened all sorts of ways, and growing up I hated it. I love my full name and hated having people call me all sorts of variants of it. So it can go either way.

Well I'm coming from the perspective of someone with a name that could be shortened all sorts of ways, and growing up I hated it. I love my full name and hated having people call me all sorts of variants of it. So it can go either way.

my name shortens one way that annoys me (the common and obvious way) but only one person ive ever met does that, normally when people ask my name depending on who (im a good judge of character) I either give my full name (that doesn't get shortened usually more professional, older or higher class people) or my nickname that I go by (for my younger or rocker friends which is really unusual name so everyone remember)

the one person that uses the annoying nickname i dont like does it to everyone as he loves the attention he gets from winding people up so I just ignore it

Love both my sons' names...me and DH came up with their names in about 5 minutes...they just came to us xx

I loved both of my choices (boy and girl) when I was pregnant with DD. This time around, I love both the boy names we've picked out but I really only like the girl names...which is better than the other girl names I found, which I hated deeply :haha:

I love love love my childrens names :) we have Isobel Willow and Vincent Edward :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->