Do you NIP?

If the need arises then I intend to. I will probably use a light blanket for a cover, for my own comfort.

I nurse wherever but do use a light cotton cover. I'm in a hot climate so two tops is too much. I usually use the cover to position baby then move it aside to allow more air flow. But because its a hot climate the cover is great for keeping baby out of the sun.

With ds1 I didn't, I had Pnd and he had really bad reflux which all contributed to me not feeding for very long. With ds2 nip was like a hurdle I needed to overcome. At the time oh was at home so when we went out we went out together so he was always there. He was also very matter of fact about it. He needs feeding there's a bench lol. The first time I did ds2 was 4 days old and we were up the shopping centre. I've also fed on the bus..
These days with ds3 I don't really have much choice. What makes it hard is I have to keep ds2 in the pram as he runs off all the time and I can't chase him with ds3 attached lol. Ds2 isn't usually happy about that situation so I have to bribe him as well. I guess I'm too busy with the 3 of them to care about anyone else. I usually wear a vest top which I pull down (hnm ones) and either a top over that or a cardi to use like a cover.

Well done for nip it's always a brave step at first and I remember worrying about it. Tbh i still don't overly enjoy it. I'm a very private person and it's so fustrating when I'm trying to be discreet and ds3 decides he doesn't want to feed properly. That's me though and I haven't always had the love relationship with bf that a lot on here do. Go with whatever comfort level suits you and just ignore anyone else.

Yes always, theses days I have no choice :haha: You'd be surprised how little, if anything, is on show when you do anyway.
You can fold the blanket up to cover everything or throw a pashmina over your shoulder (we survived the entire birth registry appt. with a 6 day old baby on a cluster feed by using a pashmina!) also retreat to the car always good for a quiet private feed xx

Always, wherever I am, no cover. All this nonsense that people (JAMELIA!!) spout about being discreet winds me up! They wouldn't ask a woman in a bikini to be discreet!

Tash darling, he's your miracle baby! Feed him however you want, don't let your family overshadow his babyhood xxx

Yup, whenever there's a need :) No cover, either. Would happily tell someone to bugger off if they had a problem with it, it's not like they can see anything with bub's head in the way anyway.

Thank you so much. I'll keep doing it with DH around until I'm more confident :)

Yes, always. I feed anywhere and everywhere. The strangest place is probably on a ring going around the lazy river at Centre Parcs! I think it was pretty obvious I was feeding her and the lifeguards all smiled at me, which was great. The first time I NIP was when DD1 was 3 days old and we were on our first outing. I was with my parents and OH had accidentally locked us out of the house, so we went to a pub for lunch! No choice but to NIP then. I used a muslin draped over my shoulder at first, but quickly dropped that and just used the two top method. I continued to NIP until DD1 was well over 2. I never consciously stopped NIP, but as DD1 was older she didn't need to so much.

Now, with DD2, I NIP anywhere and everywhere again. I most often nurse her when she's in the sling, so no one knows at all. I never try to be particularly discrete, though. I just feed her as I need. She covers almost everything anyway!

I feel that it's so important to normalise breastfeeding and help other women feel more confident and comfortable by visibly NIP. If we saw people NIP all the time, we wouldn't even be having this discussion! The more breastfeeding people see, the more normal it will become.

You're doing an amazing job, Tasha. After all you've been through and all the anxieties that are bound to be flying, being able to push through family negativity and breastfeed successfully is fantastic, and hugely admirable. Do what you're comfortable with, but in my experience you'll feel more and more comfortable as time goes on.

Thank you so much, all of you.

I NIP again today, it was at bowling and so pretty busy but no one batted an eye lid. My brother was there and we chatted it didn't feel odd. My husband was there too.

On the way back it was just Orion and I getting the train back (no room in the cars as it was my daughters party), Orion decided he didn't want to wait until I was feeling more confident. So we fed at the station, for the whole of the train journey and had to sit and feed at the other end. Fifty minutes of feeding in public on my own :dance: There wasn't any problems either, one man moved away probably felt awkward, one lady stared for ages and that didn't make me feel awkward like I thought it would.

Today Orion is six weeks old too, so we've made it past that six week exclusive BF milestone.

I'm so proud of us today both huge milestones in our journey as I gave up at six weeks with Kaysie because of the not feeling confident to NIP. We made it :)

Good for you Tasha! I'm glad it's starting to get easier to NIP. It's true that the more you do it the more normal it seems until you don't even think about it any more.

Well done for getting to 6 weeks too. :happydance:

Well done, that's brilliant. I also NIP'd on a train today.

That is fantastic! Well done mama!

Well done you! This week I nursed in tesco cafe then dd1 decided she desperately needed a wee so I walked through tesco still nursing, took her to the toilet and back to the cafe. I had a few supportive smiles from ladies but it probably just looked like I was cuddling her.

I did it today, the first time ever. I was not expected it but my baby could not wait until we got home.
So we looked for a place to sit down to drink something and I fed her their.

It felt a bit weird but no one looked or made a comment about it.

Well done Tasha. 50 minutes, wow!

Well done :) my DD is 6 months old and haven't fed her out in public a whole lot.
The first time I took her out with OH and my mum to look at a car, OH was sorting finance out and DD got hungry so my mum came with me to the car. We all went for a meal the day before mothers day, expected her to wake for a feed and she didnt :haha: had to go to the mothers day service in church and had to feed her then, we were at the back for that very reason lol.
I have got more confident with NIP now, went to blackpool for a weekend so had to get on with it. I havent had anyone say anything, i used to use a scarf but its such a faff i gave up plus DD doesnt like being covered. The only awkwardness i feel is actually getting my boob out and putting it back in lol. Although now she is too nosy and gets distracted easily!

Well done!
I nursed in public and would still do it if necessary (and mine is 2.5 years old). A hungry baby doesn't wait.

I NIP'd for the first time on Thursday. We were in a restaurant and I had asked on arrival for a booth away from others in case I needed to nurse. When ds got hungry dd shouted "time for a breastfeed mummy!!" Really loud! So much for discreet :dohh:

Otherwise it went well :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"