Do you NIP?

Well done all you NIP-ers. I'm on holiday in France just now and when I went to feed ds at an adventure park today I used a muslin square over my shoulder to cover my boob that was exposed by only having a sundress on. Normally I'm a fan of the two top method. Ds didn't approve however (even though it was nowhere near his face or head!) and mid-feed, he grabbed the cloth and chucked it away, all without breaking his latch. Wee monkey. The lady next to me laughed her head off xx

Well done K4th. Funny that your little one shouted about it.

:rofl: shinona, that's funny. I'm glad she laughed with you c

I still NIP with my youngest (she's 19 months old). Whenever she needs it or if I need it (i.e she is tired and needs to sleep hahaha). Never had an issue but I use a nursing blanket as I feel more comfortable doing so and it's her blankie so it works out well☺.
Tasha: massive congrats on your rainbow and your milestones!!!☺

We nip literally any time it's needed, wherever that might be.

Xx

I NIP in public with my son 15 years ago. Honestly, I never thought twice about it. I was exclusively breast feeding and I had no choice, lol. I do NIP with my daughter now, although this time we are combo feeding. I always prepare a bottle for her, but end up nursing because it's easier to whip out a boob than prepare formula, lol.

I do cover up, though, at least with a light blanket.

I go out to my car or somewhere private (except the bathroom!) I don't have a problem with it but it freaks my poor Hubby out and then we fight. My LO doesn't like a cover normally

My husband said he was supportive, but got flustured when I first was NIP with DS. He would never admit he had a problem with it but you could see it made him uncomfortable and we fought about it. I told him to get the f&*k over it.

DD is born and he is fully supportive, no discomfort.

I would have said I never had a complaint, I NIP with DS all the way until about 18 months, by then we didn't nurse enough to ever be in public. However it the need arose (injury, etc) I would not hesitate.

With DD, I nurse her everywhere. I had not received a negative remark until yesterday! I was wearing a very discreet nursing shirt, my most discreet one actually. DD had been crying the restaurant down and DH had taken her outside twice and walked her around (she was too upset to nurse at first! Who knows what set her off, I had no clue) and when she finally calmed down enough to nurse, someone complained and the restaurant staff came over and told me there was a complaint and offered me a napkin to cover with. I politely informed them that the laws in my state protected my right to feed my child here and declined the napkin. It was quite unsettling, as whoever it was surely saw my baby screaming and crying and having to be walked around, and then complained when she was content and being fed? :dohh:

I don't use a cover, I feel it draws more attention, and treats breastfeeding as something shameful that needs to be covered. I am modest and discreet, I wear nursing shirts or the two shirt method. I don't expose any more of my breast than is necessary to latch her on and feed her.

It was kind of funny about the complaint as I'd NIP during church that morning, and also after church while chatting with some people, and no one bats an eye. We go out to eat and someone complains! Everyone else is eating there, why can't my daughter? Shall I offer the complainant a napkin to cover their eyes? Would they like to have their food packed up and they can only eat once they leave in the privacy of their car? Should they go to the restroom? What do they really expect?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->