Do you open your front door if you're not expecting anyone?

onlyme

Reaction score
I normally don't as it'll either be a salesman or (scared it'll be) a psycho who'll burst in.

I hate it when the door goes late at night too or when it's dark.

Am I just a weird scaredy cat?

I always ask who it is if they buzz to be let in to the building. If they use the service button to get in, I always peek through our peep hole before I open the door. If it's anyone I don't know, I leave the chain on till I know who it is x

i don't answer the door :nope:
i suffer from anxiety so that doesn't help. i hate answering the phone too. it's really annoying but it's just not something i can help. it drives OH mad. :(
if someone rings the buzzer i panic!

Why not get a chain for the door?

I do but very rarely get anyone calling

i do but i always look out the window first!

I do because my dog is always first to the door anyway lol she wouldnt take any rubbish.

I don't at night, mainly because I'm on my own with Gem.

xxx

Nope I don't answer.. everyone knows to come round to my back door (its on the road) so I know its not someone ill know x

I don't - I always get DH to answer. He's 6ft 1" and built like a brick outhouse so they won't mess!

I do.

It's never crossed my mind that I shouldn't.

I do but I wouldn't after dark if I was alone.

If I'm on my own at work after dark I lock the door. Then if someone knocks I just have a sneaky look and if they look dodgy I hide.

I dont answer the door if its getting dark out, I cant see who is at my front door from any of my windows and its just me and LO, so I freak out if someone knocks at night. I cant wait to get my big dog this year so I feel safer xx

no one really knocks on our door.. people we know know to come to back door.

Where ever possible I never answer the door. OH always goes when hes in and when I'm on my own I keep the living room door shut so people at the door can't see the telly being on!

I also don't answer the housephone! And if its an unknown number on my moblie I dont answer!

I'm such a wimp haha. I dont like going into the kitchen at night neither to make Isaacs feeds due to the huge long window we have up and no blind etc I think somone is going to smash the window!

Yeah I do, although we live in a block of apartments so I know who it is before I open the door as I have to buzz them in.

if its in the day I have to because my 4 yr old daughter shouts ' mommy, its the doorbell ' really loudly so whoever is outside knows we are home!!

i have anxiety problems so if i hear someone knock i run into the kitchen shut the door and hide behind the wall :blush:
Yesterday somebody came, knocked on the door so i switched off telly ran into kitchen, they knocked again, i stayed where i was and i peeked throught the gap where the hinge is and the bloke had his face pressed against my livving room window knocking.
i just sat and cried, it was a jehovis witness.
i serously panic it gets my hear going and everything.
MIL kicks off because i dont answer the door (she doesnt know about my problems) she even tried my front door to see if i were ignoring her on purpose i had to pretend i was out in the garden :blush:
hate having these issues!
dont answer my phone if unknown either!

Sometimes I don't even open it for the delivery man because I get too scared, I rarely open the door and when I do I always regret it because its always some annoying person trying to sell me windows when my house clearly already has lots of windows!!!

I turn the tv on mute if someone knocks and sit in silence until they're gone! But I always get scared when I do that too incase its a robber and they think no ones in so are going to come round the back and try that way :(

Where ever possible I never answer the door. OH always goes when hes in and when I'm on my own I keep the living room door shut so people at the door can't see the telly being on!

I also don't answer the housephone! And if its an unknown number on my moblie I dont answer!

I'm such a wimp haha. I dont like going into the kitchen at night neither to make Isaacs feeds due to the huge long window we have up and no blind etc I think somone is going to smash the window!

You just basically explained my life!! My kitchen is so so scary and I have massive double glass doors that have no curtain or anything and I am always so scared some one will smash through or some one is down the bottom of the garden just watching and waiting..

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->