Do you open your front door if you're not expecting anyone?

I alayw open the door never even think about it - given where I live it's probably not the best idea lol

i don't answer the door :nope:
i suffer from anxiety so that doesn't help. i hate answering the phone too. it's really annoying but it's just not something i can help. it drives OH mad. :(
if someone rings the buzzer i panic!

I am exactly the same as you, I hardly ever answer the phone and I only answer the door if its someone I recognise! I haven't got a clue why but I panic as soon as the phone rings or door knocks!!

I look to see who it through the window, if i recognise the outline, i open, but ihave a dog so i feel safer x

I do, we have a little window so you can see their silhouette, if it's someone I don't know I keep the chain on.

It's funny you posted this. I was just talking about this the other day to a friend. I don't answer unless I know someone is coming. I don't like being caught off guard by a visitor. Sometimes the house is a mess, or I've just gotten out of the shower, or I'm changing Rocco, etc. It annoys me when people show up unannounced and my MIL does it. I hate it.

I will run to the second floor window above the front door and open it and pretend I am too busy to come down, like saying I am in the middle of something. I figure I want it to be know that someone is home, but I am not answering the door for psychos.

Nope I don't, people tend to ring me before coming round so I know if who it is. There's only my mum who doesnt ring before coming sometimes and I know it's her as she does a certain tap on the living room window and I know it's her but even then I check through the blinds.

I also don't answer it when OH's in and get him to go and answer it.

I hate opening the door when I'm not expecting anyone but at the same time hate missing people!! :haha:
I can't win :)
We don't have a chain on our door and it's in our lease specifically that we aren't allowed modify the door with locks or chains :( No peephole either and if they are standing on our front steps you can't see them from any window!
I think I have to stop opening the door lol :)

Im glad im not the only one like this. I refuse to answer my house phone, and only answer my mobile if i know whos calling. I hate answering the door, even if im expecting a delivery.
Last month i was expecting a delivery so opened the door, only to find charity workers. I ended up signing up for a direct debit for trees just to get rid of them.
Then they wanted in, i only let them into the hallway and the next minute he had his phone out and said i needed to talk to someone about agreeing to the direct debit. But, i wont answer if im not expecting anyone.

Nope, I don't answer the door unless I am expecting someone. And I loathe people just dropping in so I don't answer it. Mainly because if I am not going out I don't get dressed! :rofl:

Also I get DH to answer my phone if I don't recognise the number.

Im glad im not the only one like this. I refuse to answer my house phone, and only answer my mobile if i know whos calling. I hate answering the door, even if im expecting a delivery.
Last month i was expecting a delivery so opened the door, only to find charity workers. I ended up signing up for a direct debit for trees just to get rid of them.
Then they wanted in, i only let them into the hallway and the next minute he had his phone out and said i needed to talk to someone about agreeing to the direct debit. But, i wont answer if im not expecting anyone.

I don't answer my mobile to unknown, but if you refuse to answer your house phone, why have one? :shrug:

I don't answer my mobile to unknown, but if you refuse to answer your house phone, why have one? :shrug:
Because when i tried to cancel it i was told as it was part of my package id end up paying more. As i get a discount for having internet, tv, and phone. Plus i need it for the free calls as i live away from my family.

I do but i always get nervous answering it at night lol. My brother once knocked on my door then hid round the corner and when i answered came running out at me, i nearly had heart failure lol x

yes i answer it but they have to be buzzed in so i know who it is first. if they use the trades button i look thru the spy hole and if its someone i dont know they dont get let in!!

i always have the chain on the door AND its always locked, i have a fear that someone will just burst in if its unlocked! :blush:

you have the same system as us. i don't understand why people think they can press the trade button to just be let in. i think they should have a code or something.... although they would have to remember loads of them :haha:

Everyone we know comes to our back door so unless I'm expecting a parcel, the bin wash guy or the window cleaner I don't normally answer the front door. Our house phone shows up the number calling so I don't answer if it's an 0800 or 0845 number.

i never answer the door! but i have anxiety and this is defnitely why.

I can see who it is, so if I know them, yes, if not, no.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->