Do you open your front door if you're not expecting anyone?

I prefer OH not to answer the door when it gets late unless we're expecting someone, I always answer if it's after 6ish and she just leaves it if I'm not home. We live in a nice area but it's just been a habit of ours.

I check the peep hole and make sure not to undo the chain unless I know who it is.

I hate answering the door :blush: i have only recently started to do so now my anxiety is getting better

If I know who it is- yes! I hate being in the kitchen (kitchen's at the front) & somebody knocking, I sit on the floor & my heart pounds. If I'm on my own I get nervous & shakey if I'm not expecting anybody :blush:

i try and peep through the window i the kitchen first as my front door has glass so they would see me comming, i tend not to answer if i dont know who it is,

last night i was in the bath and it was about 9pm and someone knocked at the door, OH answered it but i was shitting myself thinking, what if its a murderer who kills OH and then comes for me and i cant do anything as im in the bath! :haha: was just the old lady from next door giving us a hat we dropped outside!

If I know who it is- yes! I hate being in the kitchen (kitchen's at the front) & somebody knocking, I sit on the floor & my heart pounds. If I'm on my own I get nervous & shakey if I'm not expecting anybody :blush:

this is exactly me!

at night I'll rarely answer it, I always look to see who is at the door and if its not someone I know I'll answer the door with the safety chain on. we've got a big sticker on the inside of our door 'if in doubt keep them out' works for me, if oh's home he'll answer :flower:

is it really bad to get a sticker on the door that says i suffer from anxiety so i won't answer :blush:

I just slid down the sofa because somebody put a leaflet through the door :dohh:

I have a buzzer with a camera and I still dont answer the door unless I am expecting some one and it is someone who I recognise. But if I am not expecting anyone then I wont even go to the front door to look at the camera :haha:

I dont answer phones if it is not known, withheld or I dont know the number.

Suffer from anxiety so thats probably why.

Cherry I wouldnt people might take advantage cos they would see you as vunerble :hugs:

I have a buzzer with a camera and I still dont answer the door unless I am expecting some one and it is someone who I recognise. But if I am not expecting anyone then I wont even go to the front door to look at the camera :haha:

I dont answer phones if it is not known, withheld or I dont know the number.

Suffer from anxiety so thats probably why.

Cherry I wouldnt people might take advantage cos they would see you as vunerble :hugs:

that's true. i never thought of that. xx

I just slid down the sofa because somebody put a leaflet through the door :dohh:

you really do sound like me! i hate hate hate it! but i just can't stop myself. i think it's a confidence thing too. i always assume people are out to cause harm. horrible to feel like that in your own home.

I feel the same as you girls. I get a sick feeling, a pounding heart. I make the kids hide just incase they some how get into the building. It is really horrible, and ended up in my door nearly getting kicked down when the police came to my house and I ignored the door. They kept ringing the door bell, knocking etc and I though woah no way am I going near the door, after about ten minutes I heard their radios so sneaked a look out the window, luckily because they were calling to get permission to kick the door down :shock: :dohh:

that kind of stuff scares me tasha. i always think it could be the police or something! even though i've done nothing wrong i worry they think i will have done if i don't answer. (does that make sense!)

i don't think people should be allowed to just knock on your door when they want to anyway. it's quite rude.

my OH does get really wound up by it but he doesn't understand what it's like for me!

We're so similar! :haha:

I was physically sick when bailiffs knocked on the door not long ago! The pounding knock made me feel ill! :lol:

Aw god, I feel like a such an idiot admitting to that!

Thats exactly how I felt Cherry. I actually said to them that they couldnt come in :rofl: I was acting like a right weirdo but its cos I really dont like strangers in my house, I almost threw up on them I was that scared :haha:

I eventually let them in and they had had a phone call saying there was an argument here and no one had seen me and the kids in the week after, complete bullshit made up by my neighbour who didnt like us :growlmad:

I think its rude too, even my family dont turn up unannounced cos they know I wont be answering

i remember a tv license man turned up at our old flat after literally just having jake. we hadn't long moved.
he asked to come in and i was like "no" "um okay why?" "because my baby is in there?!"

like i would just let a random man in whilst i was on my own with jake! i swear some people have no idea.

I have done 2 or 3 times without thinking. One was the scrap man, another was someone offering windows and doors til I told him I don't own the house and the last time was my neighbour asking if they could use my car park space for their visitors - which I don't mind as I don't often get people coming round in a car, and those that do mostly park on the road unless its my parents, ex in-laws or best mate.

If someone came at night unexpectedly or late on, I would take J upstairs if he wasn't in bed and look out my window as no-one ever comes too late at night. I always answer my house phone as I don't have caller display(I don't think) and If I don't know the number that calls my mobile I don't usually answer

We live with oh's dad so it's usually someone for him(wanting money or an annoying family member) so I don't answer the door unless i' expecting someone. He never answers the door as he goes to sleep all day in his lounge with the tv on full, so he never hears it. It's really annoying if it is someone for him as they know he is home and keep knocking which wakes lo up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->