Do you show sooner with second?

bobster

2 perfect boys & 1 gorgeous girl
Reaction score
I'm only 5.5 weeks and I feel so bloated and my stomach has ballooned compared to my first. I know I'm eating a bit more but I feel crampy and sore like my womb is stretching already. Is it normal to feel like this so early? I had to unbutton my work trousers on the way home as they felt so tight against my tender stomach.

I was wondering this too because this time around is my 2nd. I showed pretty early with my first. I was "showing" by 9 weeks but by 12 weeks It was very suspicious looking, but nobody questioned it.

I saw a woman I am pretty close to when I was around 7 weeks and while I was bloated, not terribly so, but she came right out and asked me, "now what do you have hiding in there."

Oh it's good to know I'm not alone!

I'm wondering now if the bloat is because my bowels haven't been working as they usually do. I haven't been for about 3 days which is not like me! Maybe this is causing the slight crampiness too... I think I started showing at about 16-17 weeks with ds but it was still only a small bump...

Bloat could definitely be caused by not going for 3 days, as well as cramps. I also found that drinking anything carbonated made me extremely bloated and gassy for days.

I looked 4 months pregnant when I was 5 weeks this time! I knew you showed sooner with your 2nd, but I didn't realize that much that quick. It went down some again though, but the bloat is back with a vengeance. I'm constipated too and haven't gone in a few days and I know that contributes to it.

Not for me I showed early at around 12 weeks with my first, but with my second not until around 20 weeks. I was still a size 8-10 until then but was huge by week 21 lol. X

My bloat has gone down some, but I still look like I need to run more and start eating salads. I just feel chunky and my pants are getting tight but I've lost weight.

You definitely getter bigger sooner with subsequent pregnancies (most of the time) your body just already knows what to do and get ready. So I think for me, it's partly that and partly because of this ridiculous bloat, which has been a symptom from the beginning regardless of being constipated or not...fun times lol!

Mine is turning hard now and can't be sucked in anymore, I just wish it was actually a baby bump and not a bloat bump lol!!

Ditto! I'm really worried someone at work is going to notice my bloat and suspect something. My nausea started last night though so hopefully tha will stop me eating so much! Need to drink more water to ease the constipation too. I don't remember this with my ds. I'm quite slim so it looks really obvious when I have a bloat!

I'm the same 5 weeks 4 days and feel like I'm 15 weeks pregnant or more already got a belly and feeling knackered and naseaus today. My boobs are way more sorer than last time. Xx

For my constipation I've been putting about 1/2 Tb of flaxseed in a smoothie with my lunch. My smoothies are frozen fruit (no sugar added), protein powder, coconut milk. Sometimes I add coconut oil. Never fails, less than an hour later, I'm going.

I didn't show until 20 weeks with my first, but my pants started feeling tight around 7 weeks this time. Now at 10 weeks, others can already see a bump when I wear certain clothes.

I think so. With my first I had a flat tummy until 20 weeks. This time i'm struggling to hide the fact i'm pregnant at 7 weeks!

I'm glad I'm not alone and thanks for the tip with the flaxseed smoothies :)

I'm wearing much baggier tops now as I'm sure I look pregnant already. It's crazy! Hope it's not twins eek

By 9 weeks people were doing double takes, and of course at that point it was only bloat but it's now bump and there was never really a transition. As the bloat disappeared the bump came through!

Definitely! I'm on my third, and I feel like I'm already starting to show at 6wks!

Yep totally normal. At 14 weeks with my 2nd i looked like i did at 7 months with my 1st lol.

Yes definitely. I started showing at 6 weeks, so did all my friends when they had their 2nd. I'm a baby swimming teacher and we don't work over the summer holidays so I haven't seen anyone work wise since the day I tested! Don't intend on telling my boss until after 12 wk scan, which is a week on Wednesday, but not sure how I'm going to hide my bump when all I wear is a swimming costume, rash vest and a pair of shorts!!!

Oh no hercfreak I can see how that will be a dilemma! Not a lot you can do to conceal a bump until you are in the pool!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->