Do you still exercise?

chysantheMUM

Reaction score
Hi, as you can see I've just reached the 3rd tri and I was just wondering what to expect in terms of continuing exercise during the 3rd tri, right up to birth. Pre-pregnancy I did 30 mins cardio and 30 mins yoga 3 - 4 times weekly. I have tried to keep this up throughout pregnancy and so far have managed fairly well. Obviously it is adapted exercise that I'm doing now but so far I have managed to do 30 - 40 mins cardio exercise followed by 30 - 40 mins yoga, 3 times a week. So I feel that I am more or less maintaining my usual exercise levels. Are any of you still working out to this extent? What about those of you in the last 5 weeks or so, can you still maintain your usual exercise routine or have you had to tone it down? Does it get harder to maintain or is it possible to stay this active right up till the birth? :flower:

no lol
i did tho walk a mile on the tredmil 3-4 times a week in 2nd tri.....
and i was waitress so i was walking quite a lot, but I have no done anything recentlY! just too lazy n tired honestly:dohh:

My exercise routine changed around 24 weeks. I started doing a pregnancy workout DVD that has light cardio, strength training, and yoga in it. It's 30 minutes long and I do it about 3 times a week. I also go for a walk maybe twice a week depending on if it's too hot outside, etc. My doctor told me to keep exercising for as long as I can as it helps with labor, but just don't over do it...if you're tired, stop! :)

I didn't do a great deal of exercise prior to being pregnant to be honest. But i've been to regular aqua natal classes, led by a midwife, and have loved them. It's my last one tomorrow as i'll be a mummy again this time next week! Highly recommend aqua natal though. X

before getting pregnant I was running 3-4 miles a day plus weights, and then until about 18 weeks I was running 2 miles a day. Then switched to the ellipitical machine for 30 minutes. I stopped going to the gym at around 35 weeks just because I just wanted to chill out and be lazy and selfish lol but I could totally keep going at my stage now almost 39 weeks though I'm starting to feel super sleepy

I did with my son (I've been so lazy this pregnancy), walking for miles every day up until the day I gave birth. I just had to go a little slower at the end... I would imagine it would be the same for any exercise routine, just take it at a pace that makes you comfortable. However, the most exercise I've been getting lately is shifting on the couch so I can scratch my butt!:haha:

I was doing yoga or pilates every other day and walking every day for anywhere from a mile to two miles but we have been having to move across country and I think that with all the packing and unpacking and everything that entails with moving qualifies as exercise for now until we get settled. Once settled down I will start up again on my yoga, pilates and walking. It puts me in a better frame of mind to do it but can be more tiring than in the first trimester or second trimester.

No I didn't exercise pre pregnancy and I have not been exercising. I've been told that I will pay for it during labor. I'm going to start doing cardio.

I used to go to the gym 3 times a week but cut it down to twice a week at about 36 weeks cause my legs couldn't take it! Still go for an hour twice a week and do cardio tho :thumbup:

Xxx

I don't really. I do my regular walking up to town for shopping and going to doctor's etcetera. I also do cleaning in the house ;).
I'm just too tired, but I've recently started Iron pills and starting to get a bit more energy, maybe I'll start excercising again!

I went for a swim this morning for the first time in ages having found out they do free swimming for pregnant mums at my local pool. Definitely recommend swimming (I didn't really feel like going at first but feel so much better afterwards!)

Other than that I was doing yoga once a week up to 34weeks but have stopped recently due to sore tummy muscles.

Pre pregnancy I did a lot of walking and a bit of mountain biking so needless to say that is out now!

Thanks girls :hugs: Its good to see that some of you have managed to continue past 35 weeks, thats very encouraging :thumbup: I know I'll just have to listen to my own body and see how I get on but if possible I want to continue just as I have been doing. Maybe I'll just have to slow it down a little. I do aqua aerobics too, once a week and yesterday I noticed that my legs felt achy and tired much quicker than usual, so just slowed the pace till it passed. For the moment though, I feel sure that I can keep it up and if I realise I can't I've still got the yoga I guess :thumbup:

I used to go for long walks pre-preg, i try and do 30 mins of walking a day and im always up and down the stairs...

I defo wanna up my excercise ut it all depends on my energies and SPD

My doctor has been adamant throughout this pregnancy not to stop exercising. Even when I have ligament pain she said to take it easy but still exercise, just wear my support belt and get going. She has always advised me to walk at least 40min a day. I manage to do an hour every day.

Last week I was surprised to hear from her that I need to be doing daily squats. 10 reps, 8 sets per day. That's 80 squats every day!! I've been a little sore but I've been doing it and I feel great. Squats are supposed to help open the cervix, easy labour, and not let you go past your due date. I feel like a champion.

And don't forget those kegels!!

I walk quite a bit but that's it. I was better in first and second trimester - it's too much fun being lazy at this point.

I worked out quite hard pre-pregnancy and I've continued lifting weights 3x a week and doing 40 minutes of cardio 2-3x a week as well. I'm still squatting and doing most exercises I did before (except exercises flat on my back). I'm going to continue until I feel I need to stop. So far so good!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->