Do you still get periods if you're not ovulating?

robyn1990

Reaction score
Quick question ladies, so confused

Do you still get periods even if you're not ovulating??

I'm worried I'm not ovulating

Thanks xx

Yes you can and it's called an annovulatory cycle. I thought I was ovulating as I was having what seemed like periods about once a month but I wasn't getting pregnant. I started charting my bbt and using opks and saw I had no thermal shift in my temps which is indicative of ovulation and so figured out my bleeding was actually breakthrough bleeding. Turns out my cortisol levels and estrogen imbalance was preventing ovulation most months. I tried several things until I found what worked for me to get back to actually ovulating for real each month. Good luck hun!

Thanks for reply Hun. What worked for you to get yourself ovulating again? I'm not 100% sure but I'm gonna start doing opks this month so will see. X

Well just a head's up even positive opk's don't mean you are ovulating (also a tough lesson learned :wacko:)...truly you need to chart your bbt to be sure! I would either get several days of positive opks or 2-3 patches of positive opks before O'ing so I added charting so I'd know for sure when/if it happened.

I tried maca, vitamin b complex, vitex, progesterone cream, and dong quai root and the combo that worked for me was vitex and progesterone cream. I think vitamin b-100 complex made my cycles symptoms a bit better as well.

Oh wow okay Hun thankyou and congrats on baby x

Thanks hun....it's our first and many years of ttc with many losses. We are over the moon and I religiously visit the ttc boards still to try to share what worked for me. I hope you get your bfp!

Sorry for your losses Hun. Thankyou! Not long till beautiful baby is in your arms..happy for you hun, x

Sorry for your loss as well and thank you again:flower:

yes you can, I was monitored daily by blood tests at the doctors and wasn't ovulating although I had periods

started Oing again randomly by myself

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->