Do you think I am right about this?

Discussion in 'Toddler & Pre-School' started by cupcake, Dec 22, 2009.

1. cupcake

cupcake Mommy of a gorgeous boy!

My son only takes one nap a day now, and because he is at daycare its at 10:30 to 12. I think this is ruining my day,as he seems to conk out again around 5 or 6, and then he wont go to bed til 9 or 9:30, I think he needs to nap later at like 11:30 or 12 til 1:30 ish. Then he wont be tired at 5 o'clock and I can aim for 8 pm bedtime.
    He is not an early sleeper and wont go down at 7 but he can go down at 8 but not if he keeps nodding off at 5 or 6 o clock. I dont know how to approach the babysitter about this or even if i can, because they all sleep at the same time i think, and then eat luch at 1, I dont want my son to eat all alone and feel left out that the other kids are playing while he must go to sleep.

what should i do?

2. Ratty

Ratty Well-Known Member

Tough one. I don't think he would go to sleep at 10:30 if he wasn't tired then so its hard to then say only put him down 1 hour later if he is tired.

It almost sounds like he is inbetween needing 1 and 2 naps a day. Hopefully that will sort itself out as he gets a bit older. Can you not try and keep him awake at 5/6 and then put him to bed at 7?

3. dali

dali Well-Known Member

i agree, it would be tricky to get him to nap a little later if the others go to sleep at the same time. but if you can keep him awake when he gets tired at 5/ 6 then maybe he might go down at 7 , or 6:30 even if need be.
    if all else fails a bath is usually a good way to keep lo awake a bit longer, even if it means a bath then dinner then play before bed. could something like this maybe work ?