do you think i am wrong in my choice

angelmummy

Mum of 2 boys & 1 angel
Reaction score
Just wanted some opinions. I am due 5th October but am already booked in for a planned induction on 21st September at 38 weeks so will be full term. THe reason i am booked in is that my son died in utero at 39+6 in Feb 08 last year but no reasons were ever found for his death. all the tests etc showed he was a perfect baby boy, so they are starting me early for 2 reasons so that i dont have to relive that last nightmare week again and also to get the baby out in case things go wrong. i just feel i cannot live to 39 weeks in case it happened again (unlikely i know) but i cannot get it out of my head. I just feel that if they had got Kieran out at 38 weeks when i first reported reduced movement that he would be here, instead they said he was fine and sent me home and a week later he had died.

do you think i am right in my situation having an induction or should i still leave it to nature??

maz

No way you are totally doing the right thing. I'm with you all the way on that decision. You'll only be stressed and worried and that really won't do either of you any good. Good luck hon I hope it goes smoothly for you. :hugs:

I'm so sorry for your loss :( I think if you feel this is right for you (which is perfectly justified after what you've been through) & the professionals are with you then that's all the reasurance you need. They wouldn't do it if they thought it was harmful IMO

I think your totally right hun, i know it's what i would want/do anyway. That must of been so awful for you hun, and you don't want to have to go through the last week or so wondering again! x

so sorry to hear about your little boy hun :hugs: i think your def doing the right thing!

It's obviously not going to harm the baby. Do what you feel is right for you. Anyone of us would do everything in our powers to have a healthy baby.
Good luck to you!

So sorry to hear what happened to youre little boy :hugs:
I think you are doing the right thing xxx :hugs:

Sorry for your loss and i think in these circumstances you are doing completely the right thing

x

Absolutely, I would do exactly the same in your situation, and they wouldn't let you do it if it were harmful to you or LO.

hey hun, without a doubt your doing the right thing, i think most people would do the same xx

so sorry for your loss hun i think your doing the right thing xx

For what it's worth I'd do exactly the same hon.

I'm so sorry you lost your son - and to not know why/how must make it even harder to bear.

I hope everything goes swimmingly this time :)

Sorry for your loss, i think you are doing the right thing xxxxx

Hi
Sorry for your loss,yes i think you are doing the right thing being induced when you are. I might be being booked in for c-section at 34 weeks if i dont have my baby before because i have problems with my placenta it seperates from my womb im sure everything will work out the best for you xxxx :hugs:

I'm so so sorry for your loss - but I think you are doing the right thing.

I'm also due to have an early induction for medical reasons - and it worries me sometimes that the baby won't feel quite ready to come out, and we will have a difficult labour and delivery. At the end of the day though, the doctors know best, and they are recommending this because it's best for you and your baby.

Good luck. x

you are definitely doing the right thing hun, so sorry to hear about your loss and i can't imagine what you were (and probably still are) going through . wish you all the luck in the world and hope everything goes well for you :hugs: xx

There's nothing wrong with what you chose IMO. I am so sorry to hear about your son! That would have me a nervous wreck, too. When you've been through something so horrible, it is only natural to want to plan to avoid it! If they are allowing this, then they consider it safe, so you have nothing to feel bad about.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->