Do you think i can request a early scan?

Mummy of Ange

Reaction score
Hi ladies,

Well im very early on 5+1 today, tomorrow i have my booking in appointment with my MW.

Im wondering if they will send me for an early scan due to my history.

Ive had a 23+6 week loss with twins, both born alive, but neonatal deaths, then 2 early miscarriages before i had my little girl, my pregnancy with Scarlett was fine.

Do you think because of all this i will be sent for a scan? I just cant see how im going to get to 12 weeks without anything, i will go nuts.

I think if you explain your (perfectly understandable) anxiety then you'd hope for your wellbeing they would make you an appt at the epu for after 6 weeks when they'll be able to see something.

Are private scans an option?

xx

Yeah defo agree with above, epu should agree to scan you even if it's just for reassurance. Or theres babybond who will dona viability scan for £99 if that's an option for you ?

I definitely think they will give you an early scan. I'm not even high risk and I got a scan at 10 weeks and 12 weeks because I'm on anti anxiety meds. I'm assuming they would do early scans to make sure everything is ok because of the past miscarriages. Good luck!

I didn't ask midwife. I went for early scan before booking appointment. When I had mmc in July they told me that I could phone gyno ward up to get one. P.s. im in UK

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->