Do you think I should complain? Re child's puzzle.

porkypig

Reaction score
My son is really into the alphabet at the mo so I ordered him a wooden abc puzzle where you lift the letters and it tells you what a is and so on, Well, it arrived, and he was pleased with it although for Y it was yam ( I'm so thick, I had to look it up, I knew it was some kind of root veg; how about yellow or yoghurt?)

Any way, it was only earlier on, that I looked at umbrella and it was spelt incorrectly, spelt "umberlla". I couldn't believe my eyes and though this was terrible. Shall I complain if leave it? What would you do? X

I wouldn't be bothered about the yam. But I would complain about the misspelling of umbrella. It's meant to be an educational toy, and the fact that this misspelling has got through the many checks you would hope the company would carry out, it's just unprofessional and isn't going to help the child when it comes to them learning to write, if they're still using the toy then. :wacko:

Amazon has loads of sellers, including ones from other countries. I would drop them a message :)

Probably a foreign product and the word got lost in translation

I don't think it is, as the product is made somewhere in this country, it says it on the back Xx

I'm not really one to complain, but I can't let this one go as I'm an English teacher, it would be wrong of me!! Plus, if we're trying to teach our Los how to spell, this is not helping.

I'm going to call them either tomorrow or Monday xx

I complain all the time about stuff, but only if the complaint's genuine. I send emails as it's better to have it in writing, and you can think through what you want to say better. You might even get a reward - I have been given vouchers and money back, and when I complained about a broken toy they sent a replacement. I never used to do it, but it got on my nerves when there was something wrong with a product/service I paid for. An educational toy should be educational!

Definately complain. I think a yam is a sweet potato btw

I would laugh, but I wouldn't complain. I'm assuming it's a foreign product that's been lost in translation a bit.

My auntie has alphabet bunting in my cousins room, it says things like 'A is for Dog. F if for Caterpillar etc. I found it hilarious.

I would laugh, but I wouldn't complain. I'm assuming it's a foreign product that's been lost in translation a bit.

My auntie has alphabet bunting in my cousins room, it says things like 'A is for Dog. F if for Caterpillar etc. I found it hilarious.

Wth??? Lol lol xx

Wth??? Lol lol xx

I found a really old ladybird book at the IL's once and D was for......dagger?! with a lovely picture of it!! I found it hilarious! Although not sure I'd want madam spouting; 'A for apple, B for banana, C for cat, D for DAGGER!' :haha: Think T was for tank as well!

I'd probably complain to be honest! I don't think it would confuse LO too much as by the time he's able to spell umbrella he'll probably be past using his alphabet puzzle, but out of principle I would let them know I wasn't happy!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ashhmichelle
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->