Do you think it should be law to RF until two?

Has anyone got a two door car and erf, and is it actually possible to get your LO in and out, at the moment I put my LO in the back, she's still in her maxi cosi pebble, and it's soooo tricky, I'm dreading the next size up seat but really want to ERF x

Yep and yep. Its easier coz your not faffin about trying to get the seat in and out.

Only if as said before the prices came down and they where made to fit all cars..

I found one in Kiddicare(discontinued now due to lack of buying) £150 reduced would not fit our car what so ever! So then without paying about £300-£400 on a import and hoping it fiited we had to FF..

Add on the fact alot of people have only 3 door cars I cant see it working to well?

What car do you have?

I have a 3door car and and ERF carseat in the back. Its not a huge problem at all, even with a dodgy back.
I also paid £199.95, from a shop in the UK.

:shrug:

Currently we have a corsa, the one we found the proble with fitting it was to do with the seat belts.. Also Oh has to have his seat really far back which will be intresting alone when Kyle moves to behind his seat as there is no way of putting a RF behind Oh's seat

Only if as said before the prices came down and they where made to fit all cars..

I found one in Kiddicare(discontinued now due to lack of buying) £150 reduced would not fit our car what so ever! So then without paying about £300-£400 on a import and hoping it fiited we had to FF..

Add on the fact alot of people have only 3 door cars I cant see it working to well?

What car do you have?

I have a 3door car and and ERF carseat in the back. Its not a huge problem at all, even with a dodgy back.

Currently we have a corsa, the one we found the proble with fitting it was to do with the seat belts.. Also Oh has to have his seat really far back which will be intresting alone when Kyle moves to behind his seat as there is no way of putting a RF behind Oh's seat

Hmm.. I've been trying to over come this problem too! I have a 7 seater, and still have issues :haha: My LO is currently ERF in the middle row behind the passenger seat.. her ERF or normal infant carrier wont fit behind the driver seat, so I'm gunna have to squeeze either the new baby's seat or the ERF on the back row, along with 2 booster seats! :haha: (or get a coach license lmao)

What car do you have?

Hmm.. I've been trying to over come this problem too! I have a 7 seater, and still have issues :haha: My LO is currently ERF in the middle row behind the passenger seat.. her ERF or normal infant carrier wont fit behind the driver seat, so I'm gunna have to squeeze either the new baby's seat or the ERF on the back row, along with 2 booster seats! :haha: (or get a coach license lmao)

They need to make more space behind the drivers seat lol considering my Oh anit exactly tall 5ft8 MAX lol

We have a minivan and I have K in the middle row, technically in the middle of the van, on the end of the seat, as there is only room for two in the middle to make space to get in the back. In the middle I can fit both seats RF, the true fit, and the scenera, and in the back I can have two boosters and a infant seat (as middle belt is lap belt, so it would have to hold a car seat. I am short, but my husband who is around 5'8"- 5'9" can drive without moving my seat, and just moving the steering wheel. It's an 02 Caravan, so not like it has any special features LOL

Attachments

• caravan.jpg
    caravan.jpg
    19.8 KB · Views: 4
See this is the same as Oh's car for anyone not in the uk?https://www.acklamcarcentre.co.uk/images/cars/zoom/1182437323-62123700.jpg

Not exactly loads of room haha

This is my huge, massive thing.. and I still have trouble! lol

https://www.eppingmotorcompany.com/stock/page1/1999%20Chrysler%20Grand%20Voyager/1999%20Chrysler%20Grand%20Voyager%20LE%204.JPG

https://www.carpages.co.uk/chrysler_jeep/chrysler-jeep-images/chrysler_jeep_grand_voyager_08_12_04.jpg

ETA.. Eve, its hard to tell from your little pic.. but it looks like you may have the same 'mini van' as me! I just dont call mine a mini van, coz I'm not American, even tho my car is lol

For entertainment purposes.. THIS is the inside of the 2 door car that I squeezed 3 car seats into for years, I loved it so much I still have it, sat on my drive rendered completely useless! (yes it only has 4 seats even!!)

https://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRwGV0_4yY042p1wCHd6jTKsv3QrtFapQChPnFr46vz-ieomZWSLg :haha:

This is my huge, massive thing.. and I still have trouble! lol

https://www.eppingmotorcompany.com/stock/page1/1999%20Chrysler%20Grand%20Voyager/1999%20Chrysler%20Grand%20Voyager%20LE%204.JPG

https://www.carpages.co.uk/chrysler_jeep/chrysler-jeep-images/chrysler_jeep_grand_voyager_08_12_04.jpg

ETA.. Eve, its hard to tell from your little pic.. but it looks like you may have the same 'mini van' as me! I just dont call mine a mini van, coz I'm not American, even tho my car is lol

For entertainment purposes.. THIS is the inside of the 2 door car that I squeezed 3 car seats into for years, I loved it so much I still have it, sat on my drive rendered completely useless! (yes it only has 4 seats even!!)

https://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRwGV0_4yY042p1wCHd6jTKsv3QrtFapQChPnFr46vz-ieomZWSLg :haha:

Looks the same only mine doesn't have bucket seats, they are bench seats. I only have latch in the smaller seat that holds two, and those are the only ones also with the latch for forward facing seats too...

Yeah it should be the law. Pretty sure its the law here (the leaflet I was giving said til 18kg or 3 years) and obviously it works fine, they don't sell FF seats in the shop for under 18kg.

No, I don't think so, but I also don't agree with seatbelt laws. Yes, I agree that people should wear them, but I believe these are social issues and shouldn't involve laws.

No, I don't think so, but I also don't agree with seatbelt laws. Yes, I agree that people should wear them, but I believe these are social issues and shouldn't involve laws.

But we have laws in place to protect children from neglect and other things that would compromise their safety or well-being, so why wouldn't that extend to safety in a vehicle?
I agree that it would be better not to have a nanny state, but sometimes protecting people from themselves with a law is the most effective and efficient way to go.

yes i'd buy one if the prices were brought right down and the government were willing to buy me a bigger car until then my LO is absolutely fine FF :flower:

But we have laws in place to protect children from neglect and other things that would compromise their safety or well-being, so why wouldn't that extend to safety in a vehicle?
I agree that it would be better not to have a nanny state, but sometimes protecting people from themselves with a law is the most effective and efficient way to go.

Yeah, I am not sure about those either. And by that, I really mean I am not sure, :lol: Usually I am all for laws that protect children, but a whole different debate, protecting people from themselves? I don't think that is necessary.

:)

I am against all laws that tell us what to do when it is a victim less crime. Maybe one day I will start a thread on that :lol:

Yeah, I am not sure about those either. And by that, I really mean I am not sure, :lol: Usually I am all for laws that protect children, but a whole different debate, protecting people from themselves? I don't think that is necessary.

:)

I am against all laws that tell us what to do when it is a victim less crime. Maybe one day I will start a thread on that :lol:

I dont want to start a whole new debate here! :haha: but there are other ways of thikning about the seat belt law! Yes, when it comes to adults..they know the risks IF they don't wear one.. but imagine if you were driving along and for whatever reason lost control of our car, and hit someone else.. then imagine that the person you hit died, because they had no seat belt on! While it would be their fault for not wearing one, BUT regardless of that, you would still have the death of another person on your mind for the rest of your life! HAd they been wearing a seatbelt, it quite possibly would have saved their life, and saved you feeling like you'd killed someone!

Regardless of a law or not, that could happen. A law doesn't mean everyone has a seat belt on. Look at texting and driving, drinking and driving, etc.

BB- It's not a victimless crime... not wearing a seat belt makes you a projectile object in a motor vehicle crash, which in turn can cause you to kill others or seriously injure them in a collision, including children and infants. Not victimless at all when you look at other outcomes other than simple ejection.

BB- It's not a victimless crime... not wearing a seat belt makes you a projectile object in a motor vehicle crash, which in turn can cause you to kill others or seriously injure them in a collision, including children and infants. Not victimless at all when you look at other outcomes other than simple ejection.

Exactly what i was going to say :thumbup: :flower:

I think it should be law yes. That way more high street stores would be forced to stock ERF seats and prices would come down. It would also make people more aware of the issue, most of my friends seem to have never heard of ERF and think that as soon as their child reaches a year or so that they should put them in a FF seat.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->