• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Do you think UKIP will win the election?

Well my council website is crap and confusing. I will just ask my dad, he'll know :blush:

Conservatives remain the victors in my borough (although they did lose 5 seats to labour, but still have a strong majority), not surprising, it has some very affluent areas and a big military community so it's been a stronghold for the conservatives for a long time. No UKIP seats here.

Some early results show significant european vote gains for Ukip. The front national party has won in France.

Black day for democracy.

Some early results show significant european vote gains for Ukip. The front national party has won in France.

Black day for democracy.

France is seriously fucked up right now though. Something like a 30% increase in religious discrimination (not Christianity) in the last decade. And the ban on turbans and hijabs goes against everything that makes the West good.

I'm in the North West, so that's three Labour (yay) and three UKIP. Seriously I am despairing at the fact that so many people voted for UKIP. Surprised that the Lib Dems didn't get anyone because around here (South Lakes) it's almost totally a Lib Dem area, and although I don't vote Lib Dem they do a decent enough job- Tim Farron is our MP (and my dad's bestie :haha: ) and he's alright despite his party.

The candidate I voted for didn't get in but at least someone from her party did.

I've been following this thread with interest. I'm south east region, very depressing to see we got 4 UKip, 3 con, 1 lab, 1 green and 1 LD. We didn't have local council elections so didn't gain any UKip there, thank goodness. My OH thinks it's funny that I'm getting so worked up about it, but it frightens me how well UKip did, I think it sets a dangerous precedent.

I'm getting pretty worked up about it too. Really unhappy about how well they've done.

Apparently they have won? if so many hate them why have they so many votes?

What does it mean though, will any of their policies come into effect? I'm crap at politics

I know many that didnt do it in protest but agreed with them. I have never understood politics. I am a bit mad I didnt get to vote for my friend as I was let down on that night.

Ignorance - they hear what they want to. Totally ignoring the homophobic and sexist aspects of the party. People who agree with all that are drawn in because they're also nasty pieces of work. I also think it's likely that many people who previously supported the BNP voted UKIP this time.

Is it right one in three voted for them ? Lots of protest votes I think

I didn't know that, but yeah I whole heartedly think they will have had LOADS of protest votes. Such a shame that those votes didn't go to a party actually worthy of them!!

And now of course I'm worried about next year's general election!

I personally wouldn't be so worried. A lot of people are disillusioned with the EU and voting UKIP is a protest vote which represents that, rightly or wrongly, if you don't agree with the EU UKIP are the only party that probably feels like actually supports your own views, it's easy to vote on one issue.

If anything, it is a good thing it is a General Election next year because this is a damn good warning to the other parties, people WILL go out and vote if they are getting pissed off and there's an option that is much more realistic than the Green Party and BNP, too long the parties have been able blend in to a boring shade of grey, all being very similar in their actions, now they will have to fight to get people to vote for them.

That's just my opinion, no doubt people will disagree, but I'm personally not worried, I think it's all being a bit over played but hopefully that too will scare people to the polls, because I wonder how many of these people that complain about the idea of UKIP did actually go out and vote (not talking about people here).

I really hope you are right about the general election marine. I think it will encourage people to vote, I know it did here as people were worried UKIP would get power x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->