Do you think UKIP will win the election?

You do realise there are just as many, if not more British people living in and working around Europe (Spain mainly) than there is people from Europe living and working in the UK?

No, they are not stealing "your" jobs. I think you will find there are a lot of damn lazy British born and bred people who think they're too good to do these jobs, or don't pay enough etc.

The UK is not the only country within Europe to have problems with people coming in and claiming everything - Germany also has a problem but they handle it so much better! You certainly don't need to take away people's freedom of movement to keep it under control.

Take that away and what will other countries within Europe think about us brits living around Europe? Oh, they don't want us so why should we want them?

If ukip ever won anything I would never EVER return to the UK to live. The sooner I can apply for German citizenship the sooner I can wash my hands of the place. There's no longer a reason to be proud to be British.

https://thisisadebut.blogspot.co.uk/2014/05/why-vote-for-ukip-is-not-vote-for.html

This about sums up my feelings. I just wrote it :)

Natsku. <3

Nice blog post!

I just panicked for a moment thinking it was election day today and I can't find my voting card but then I checked and we don't vote here until Sunday phew!

I still can't decide who to vote for - there's so many bloody parties in this country, hell even the Pirate Party are standing for election.

I can't find my voting card :brat: or my driving license to use as ID either. I am an idiot.

I had about a week of pre-voting when I could have voted but no, I wait until I lose my voting card :dohh:

I've lost my polling card, its ntb but I'm not 100% sure where the polling station is.I'm probably not going to vote until the boys are in bed tho so 7pm + and the polls are open to the usual 10pm.

You don't need your polling card! Just I.D i think! and your address x

Didn't know you blogged! Great post. Having a nosey at your older posts now!

https://thisisadebut.blogspot.co.uk/2014/05/why-vote-for-ukip-is-not-vote-for.html

Natsku. <3

Nice blog post!

I just panicked for a moment thinking it was election day today and I can't find my voting card but then I checked and we don't vote here until Sunday phew!

I still can't decide who to vote for - there's so many bloody parties in this country, hell even the Pirate Party are standing for election.

Thanks girls! :)

Natsku i am intrigued about the pirate party!

Didn't know you blogged! Great post. Having a nosey at your older posts now!

Natsku. <3

Nice blog post!

Thanks girls! :)

Natsku i am intrigued about the pirate party!

https://piraattipuolue.fi/english Here's their website. I did one of those voting question machine things to find out what candidates fit closer to my thoughts and one of the Pirate Party people was fairly high up on the list (highest was someone from the Left Alliance which is a party I'd consider voting for, them or the Greens)

So many parties here - the party for poor people, communists, blue and white front (which sounds a bit similar to the BNP) and of course our own answer to UKIP - the 'true finns' party (which my friend voted for :growlmad: )

The pirate party look interesting!

I voted this morning.

I think a lot of people have got very short memories about the Iraq war and the loss of liberties under the labour government. The labour have sold out their working class electorate to cheap labour from abroad. I think immigrants are great hard working people, but there is just too many of them and eu criminal gangs are given a free pass to this country. I want my children to grow up in a country where they have a chance in life. I want controlled immigration, the points system is not considered racist in Australia and other countries, so why should it be considered racist to want to introduce points based immigration here?

Most ukip candidates are not racist, they just don't want a free for all like we have currently under eu rules!

There are other anti eu parties to vote for, like the no2eu party and the an independence from Europe party, it's funny how no one has bought up those parties as candidates to vote for. I don't want any part in the crimes of the current mainstream parties. It's like you switch power companies to get a better deal, if the public keep switching who they vote for the parties will have to do what the public wants if they want to save their butts, but if people keep voting mainstream, then they will keep feeding us lies and just follow whatever their corporate masters want them to do and people will have no one to blame but themselves for the raw deal they get from their politicians.

In my opinion immigration is not as big a problem as the Daily Fail and co would have you believe. Also remember that immigrants pay taxes (it has been shown they put in more than they take out overall) and require services which actually creates more jobs in various sectors including skilled sectors. Regarding criminal gangs then yes of course they need to be dealt with whether they are British or otherwise, again I think problem is being overblown by certain tabloids to stir the whole immigration issue.

I actually agree with some of your points about the mainstream parties, corporate interests and the Iraq war but I would STILL prefer to vote Labour than UKIP until a better option comes along. UKIPs core values scare me quite frankly, I would never endorse them as a protest vote.

How did your areas all do girls?
My city has remained Labour, my area aswell. Only one UKIP winner here.

No overall control but labour have the most seats. Ukip keep their 1 seat.
Will b an interesting election next year

UKIp got 2 counselors here, one local and I found out that near every one I know voted for UKIP. seem popular here. I didn't get to vote my lift let me down and my partner was working late.

No overall control, labour have the largest number of seats UKIP now set to have 1. Think they took it from lib dems which doesn't surprise me a great deal.

I was following the results on my local papers twitterfeed and checking with my councils website and twitter feed x

Was talking to a friend a few weeks a go about how he'd been approached by a political party and had been thinking about joining it. We didn't really go into detail about it as it was in passing and I kinda just said how brilliant that was etc etc. Just found out who the party is.....you'll never guess :dohh:

Forty-nine seats to labour, eleven to conservatives...

and UKIP lost their four seats that they won in the last election :dance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->