do you wake your LO for feeds?

ladymilly

proud mammy
Reaction score
hi girls. just wondered how often do you wake your LO's to feed? i try to wake Jack every 3 hours during the day and try to give him his last feed after his bath around 10. i don't wake him during the night and he still wakes once at night and then early in the morning so really every 4 hours during the night. what do you do?

I wish Lewis slept long enough to give me a chance to wake him up. How often he sleeps depends on how much he'sfed but he's 8 weeks and still not in any sort of a routine. He always lets me know (and the neighbours) when he's ready for his next feed :rofl:

From the sounds of it Jack's got his own little routine that's working well for both of you, so I wouldn't worry about waking him up at night for a feed. He'll let you know if he's hungry.

Nope never woke her up until recently, and that's only when we dream feed her right before we go to bed (around 10ish every night)

never woke jack not that he sleeps during the day hes the cat nap king. but at night i let him sleep 8-9 hours x x

joshua is 8 weeks.

i dont wake him through the night but through the day i give him a feed even if he isnt ready for one.

its just that his bottles need to coinside with his bed time.

he has a bottle at 6.30pm bed for 7.00.
wakes at 1.30 for a feed then again at 6ish.
then sometimes goes back down.

I've always let Alasdair lead me in the day - he'll generally go for 4 and a half hrs after his first thing in the morning feed then after that it's 3 hrly. At night though I've always tried to feed him just before I want him to go down for the night. I sometimes dreamfeed him if he's fallen asleep just before a feed is due and it's getting late.

I dont wake deacon either, he tends to let me know when he needs a feed, We can be up 2-3 times a night/morning depending on how long he has slept in the day, my MW told me that as long as he is feeding during the day and getting his fill then it wont matter to much if he doesnt wake up that often at night.

I never woke Sam for feeds. At first he fed every 2-4 hours during the day and slept all night but always let me know when he was hungry! x

i too have never woke maddi up for a feed, she always wakes up in the day and remembers bless her she wouldn't let me forget, and then sleeps through the night :)

nope never woke courtney for a feed!! But when she has been major overdue a feed once Ive tried to wake by changing her nappy or something!

i dont wake my baby up. I feed him on demand and he always let me know when he wants food, always every 1-2 hours or sometimes twice within an houe,lol
he wakes up at night 4-6 times so no need to wake him up,lol

Thomas never fails to let me know when he's hungry therefore no need to wake him up .. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->