Do your children send thank you letters?

Status
Not open for further replies.

marmaduke

Reaction score
As children we always sent thank you letters after christmas to family members & friends.
Daisy does the same except that we write 90% of the card & address/stamp the envelopes before christmas, we just leave a space to put the gift name.
We save any christmas drawings to add to them and try to put a photo of her with the gift if we can.
What does everyone else do? x

Wow, that's really thoughtful to include a picture of her with her gift. Great idea! We definitely encourage writing thank you notes, but you're going above and beyond!

We can't always send a photo as the grandparents send a cheque, she would look like a mini lottery winner if we told her to hold it up & look happy.:happydance:

Lily always sends thank you's, we did as kids. My husbands family think its hilarious, I just think it's good manners!
I sometimes do postcards with a drawing or photo stuck to one side and a brief message on the other. Or type up a generic message and get her to write the names or so a drawing. Etsy is really good for printed cards, for a couple of quid they have sellers who'll add your details to a design then send you the PDF. You can either then print at home or go to Staples.

As stamps are so expensive and I begrudge buying them(!) I've started doing an electronic thing....

I usually create a photo of ds with the toy, I get him to write a thank you and hold it up on photo and then we film a short clip of him saying thank you for my Xmas pressie etc and put it together on a Christmassy board thing and email it.

We got a really good reaction last year as some family members hadn't seen him over Xmas and loved the clip. Ds is also more involved as i end up writing most of the cards as he's only 3!

We just phone around/ message people and thank them in person.

No, we just ring wrong. It would cost us about £300 in stamps with the amount of people who buy for my kids lol

Do you only do it for people that didn't see her open the gift? We've always lived near our family so rarely would I get gifts (or would LO get gifts) from people that aren't there to see him open it.

Do you only do it for people that didn't see her open the gift? We've always lived near our family so rarely would I get gifts (or would LO get gifts) from people that aren't there to see him open it.

We still do it for our family that live 10 minutes away but I usually just take the letters when we see them instead of posting.
We send around 15 letters so not a huge amount. x

We still do it for our family that live 10 minutes away but I usually just take the letters when we see them instead of posting.
We send around 15 letters so not a huge amount. x

:thumbup: We probably should do it!

We ring around on the day and now earls old enough he says thank you in person.

We did as kids and I will do the same with Bella. Although pretty sure it was just for people who we didn't see on the day. I didn't write a card to my grandma for example as she was always there to Thank in person

my lo doesn't tend to get presents from people that aren't there on the day (other than my family - but we skype on the day to catch up and say thank you) the only person we send a thank you letter to is my dh great aunt. she is 85 and really likes getting the letter in the post (even though she is there when he opens her gift, which is usually money fronted by my mil :haha:)

I was raised with the understanding that thank you letters were very important and I still feel pretty strongly about them. Sometimes I use email rather than a written letter, but I try to do the written letter for most. It's not a huge group, so it's reasonable. And that way we can stick kid art in there and make them a bit more special. I love the idea of a photo with the happy kid and gift - worth a thousand words, and all! :)

We send thank you notes to everyone, even people he's thanked in person. Parents/grandparents love that kind of thing as a keepsake. You can buy xmas themed thank you notes in the shops but I love the photo idea. You could get them printed and just write on the back like a postcard x

If it is our immediate family then we just say thank you when we see them. For extended family/friends that we do not see we send a thank you card.

We send thank you cards to anyone that we won't see and can't thank in person.

No, we haven't ever done thank you cards at Christmas. We see everyone who gives the gifts, so they get a thank you in person after opening gifts. Anyone who wasn't able to make it for whatever reason would get a call with a thank you.

We send holiday cards with pictures of the family, and that's expensive enough with stamps!

I send thank you cards for birthday gifts, and other holidays, but Christmas I just never have since there's already so much money spent on gifts, mailing holiday cards, buying gifts for a family in need, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"