do your pets know?

ryder

Mum to Jasmine & Peyton
Reaction score
lol, my dog has been like a little shadow for the past little while! He follows me everywhere, and sticks right to my side. He is such a sweet guy anyways, but no he never goes away.

He even waits upstairs for me in the morning, even if my SO gets up and comes down.

Makes you wonder if they can tell your pregnant :)

Mine follows me anyway. he's a chihuahua and a total lapdog. + no, he clearly can't sense anything b/c he keeps jumping and shoving his legs into my tummy!

lmao... well I have a 110lb yellow lab :D

Iv got 2 dogs Billy and Lyla, and lyla use to be a maniac jumping everywhere and biting you(only playful) but she has really calmed down and just wants my attention all the time or she'll just sit and cry at me til i fuss her. Whether she's sensed im pregnant and knows not to be so rough or its because im at home more since leaving college that has calmed her down i dont know. but they are going to have a big shock when the baby comes

I sometimes think my jack russell knows cos she'll hug and kiss my bump then other times she tries using it as a launch pad.

I have a little yorkshire terrier...only 4lbs, and i think he can tell, he likes lying next to my tummy and barks at anyone that comes near my tummy. but im glad if he can cause he is 7 months now and will be 9 when baba arrives so they will grow up together. :) XXX

I'm convinced dogs can sense we're pregnant. George (my staff x boxer) is an absolutely angel! I still walk him but not as fast as i used to, so now he stops and waits for me to catch up to him and then carries on. He's always followed me round from the day we got him, so i haven't really seen a change there. When playing, he can be quite rough with my OH but he doesn't even play bite me anymore, he just licks me. He is a big boy and thinks he's a lapdog, so when i let him get on the sofa, he makes sure he doesn't touch my belly anymore and just sits on my legs.

I cant wait for him to meet LO. Although, i'm going to have to stop him from going upstairs and getting on beds and sofa soon. his hairs get everywhere!!

I think mine know. Ive got two cats and 'my' cat used to sit on my lap all the time, or if I was lying down she would sit on my belly. Now she will only sit next to me and rest her head on me!
OH's cat used to be out all the time, only coming in for food. Now im on maternity leave he spends every second with me, he goes out for maybe 10 mins a day. He also snuggles right into my bump when im lying on my side. LO has even kicked him a few times but he doesnt seem to mind. OH is very put out that he doesnt get any attention from the cats any more! lol

Since being pregnant my cat follows me everywhere, he even joins me in the bathroom when im up 3-4 times a night for a pee, then when i get back in bed so does he ! x

I'm really doubting Lady's figured it out yet. Either that or she seriuosly doesn't realize how big she is. 9 months old, around 90 lbs. and she's still trying to jump on me every now and then and wants to lay flat on top of me still. I love the dog but she's about as dumb as a box of rocks. My other dog Boomer's been getting a little bit clingier and wanting more attention lately.

Since being pregnant my cat follows me everywhere, he even joins me in the bathroom when im up 3-4 times a night for a pee, then when i get back in bed so does he ! x

Lol same!!

My oldest cat Bob follows me around everywhere including the loo, he will sit in the wash hand basin til I'm done then follows me on to the next place, and if I am sitting down he has to be right next to me, and sometimes lays his paw on my tummy.

My youngest cat Poppy is about 5 months old and has realised that if she pokes my belly with her paw that it moves.... i don't think she realises I am pregnant, just that there is something to play with in there!

My cat WAS following me around everywhere, I couldn't get a second's peace. But lately he's gotten really anti-social towards me and won't even come near me if I'm a room with someone else. He'll go to my mom or sister first, which is weird because he always goes to me first. Maybe he's jelous or angry, who knows. Whatever it is, he's being a downright snob hah

I've heard cats can sense your pregnant,but I don't think dogs can.
Mine aren't showing any signs anyway, :rofl:

I dont think my cat would care either way, he just wants to go to sleep and eat, as long as he has a full belly, he really isent bothered about anything else.

I dont think my cat would care either way, he just wants to go to sleep and eat, as long as he has a full belly, he really isent bothered about anything else.

LOL my oldest cat used to be like that, but I am now seeing a whole new side to him! Like he's gone all maternal!

I don't have dogs, only cats and they don't seem to notice anything different, apart from the fact that they aren't happy sitting on my lap so much cuz bump has started to get in the way!
I wouldn't be surprised if dogs can sense something going on inside you though - they have discovered that some dogs can sense cancer growing in people and are starting to do research into training dogs for this purpose. Aren't animals cool!?! :laugh2:

I don't have dogs, only cats and they don't seem to notice anything different, apart from the fact that they aren't happy sitting on my lap so much cuz bump has started to get in the way!
I wouldn't be surprised if dogs can sense something going on inside you though - they have discovered that some dogs can sense cancer growing in people and are starting to do research into training dogs for this purpose. Aren't animals cool!?! :laugh2:

Its amazing how much we dont know about animal, like the people who have discovered dolphins help kids with disabilities. Dogs do tend to know when things are wrong, when my dad was diagnosed with cancer, his dog followed him everywhere, but saying that, she cried everynight, all night when he went in for his op.

i dont think my dog has a clyue yet (i dont look any different so he's not been curious at all) but my friend's dog sniffs my tummy and lower region whenevr i see him. my friends knew right off i must have been pregnant because their dog has 'sensed' it from a couple of their other friends as well...something with the change of smell that he noticed. I thought that was interesting.

I don't think my Dalmatian Oreo has it figured out yet. She's still her totally selfish self...I figure if she had an idea how I was feeling lately she would stop whining at 2 am to go out. ha!

:rofl: I think its funny how animals notice when your pregy!
I have 2 cats :happydance: and "my cat" follows me EVERYWHERE! If Im up watching telly at night, he wanders around the lounge looking at me and then walks to the door like he wants to go out....but he doesnt he just wants me to go to bed so he can too! :lol:
DH cat never comes over to me even just for a pat...but since being pregy, he wont leave me alone...gets under my feet! SOoo cute though!
My cat-sleeps on my tummy! And purrs loudly! Im sure he does it so that the new baby will know who is boss!!!!! :rofl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->