do your pets know?

We have a 13 year-old lab mix, and I don't think he knows anything has changed (but then again, he spends much of his time sleeping and the remainder eating, drinking or peeing). The cats, on the other hand, seem very aware that something is up. Two of them are my hubby's cats, the third has always been 'mine'; she's a one-owner type of cat (she's the gorgeous little thing in my avatar). The pair seem to be fairly disinterested, but 'my' kitty is like velcro. She used to be more independent, but now she follows me everywhere - into the bathroom, into bed at night, to the door when I leave - and she sits beside me on the couch whenever I'm there. She used to sit on her scratching post, but now she seems to crave closeness and pats.

Whatever they sense, whether it's a change in smell, or our attitudes, or something we can't even fathom, I really do think some animals know when a woman is pregnant.

My cat, Tom, has always been a bit clingy, but much more so since I've been pregnant. He follows me everywhere, stares at me constantly when I'm sitting down, and keeps rubbing his head on my bump. He seems to be really careful with it though, whereas he used to walk around all over it before I was pregnant.
xx

Even though its early days for me I don't think my Tortoise Yoda will ever catch on or realize !!!

:rofl:

Seeing as we have only had her 2 weeks our 10 week collie puppy has no idea im pregnant, but she does come and sit by me when im throwing up over the toilet, you can tell she really is worried and to be honest find her more of a comfort than poor hubby who is trying to calm me down. As soon as she hears me heave she there bless her, she prob wondering what she done so wrong in her short life to be landed with a new owner that practically lives in the bathroom lol
Hope everyone wellxx

Seeing as we have only had her 2 weeks our 10 week collie puppy has no idea im pregnant, but she does come and sit by me when im throwing up over the toilet, you can tell she really is worried and to be honest find her more of a comfort than poor hubby who is trying to calm me down. As soon as she hears me heave she there bless her, she prob wondering what she done so wrong in her short life to be landed with a new owner that practically lives in the bathroom lol
Hope everyone wellxx

Hahaha, i bet she grows up thinking its normal to live in there, awe bless her.

Our boxer these past few months has been staying clear of me. Will not listen to me when I call her, etc. and has been more my OH's buddy than mine.

I don't know if it is because there are so many kids etc. on the property and all giving her heck or what. You know the saying - too many chiefs!

I dont think any of mine know, my horses are still pushing me around and the dogs are just the same ha ha ha!! Maybe mine just dont care so much :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->