Doctor Appointments

Yeah though I'm not sure if it's going to work next cycle due to my work travel schedule, might have to be March

I hope u don't have to get it and u get your bfp but if not lets hope for you for next cycle ,:hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

Hi everyone, hope you are all looking forward to a nice weekend! Ours already started--DH is :sleep: on the couch. :haha:

I go in for my 3 month check up next week. It's not really 3 months, but 3 cycles. (For those of you who don't remember I had low progesterone, stopped ovulating, stopped having a period. So I had a D&C at the end of Nov. and had polyps. The doctor put me on 3 cycles of cyclic Primolut. I finish this last round on Wednesday.)

But I'm feeling nervous, because my first cycle after the d&c was 18 days, then the next was 23 days, and now on this third cycle, I'm on CD 20, I'm very crampy, tired, and have had low temps for the last two days. :cry: I really think AF is going to show any minute.

What is this problem now, with such short cycles? Does anyone have any idea what the doctor might say?

Yeah though I'm not sure if it's going to work next cycle due to my work travel schedule, might have to be March

Hi NS, glad to see you back.

If you don't do it in February, will you take Clomid again? Sorry for being so nosy.

Laura:happydance::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

I hope your appointment goes really well, I can´t wait to see what they say!

NorthStar, Mardid! I am so envious, say hello to Spain from me! and have few tapas and vino for me as well :haha: I am thinking of having the HyCoSy private as well, well once these cysts of mine get sorted!

Well, Jaunuary it is definitely not my month:growlmad: Nothing seems to go right for us! As G had not had the SA referral letter and pot from the IVF clincic (Remember here in Wales this goes through the IVF clinic since last October, making and long complicated process:wacko:) He decided to phone today to see what was going on.

Well this is going to make you laugh girls, they told him there is months to wait, and he won´t get a referral letter till at least April!!!!! Which means he will have to have then appointment with a doctor who then gives him jizz pot and so on... so realistically we are looking at having an SA May/June the earliest! :saywhat:

6 to 7 months wait to jizz in a pot!!!! That is absolutely unbelievable, and the funniest thing is that they told him off as saying it was other blokes fault for having appointments and not turning up. :saywhat: G has nothing to do with that! no reason to tell him off. It took me months to convince him to have an SA and now that he makes the effort he goes through all this shite!

So, he has no choice, we are paying for his SA private, we will book an appointment for both after I have my scan on the 15th. First we need to see how those cysts of mine are doing!

This is unbelievable! we are a pair of oldies and they are making us wait forever just for the basic things, It is so frustrating! :nope:

I´m sorry to hear that Sus, I hope it isn´t too expensive to go private. Here it was quite quick, but we did have to drive 40km each way. Next one I will pay for in the clinic in the next town. Also I found the Doctors did the test but that was all. The clinic did a test and then washed it and tested again, it was expensive but it meant they could tell us if IVF ir IUI was possible. That isn´t a test to do first time round but if there looks like there is a problem they might suggest it. I hope you get s good result. Having had a BFP recently I would say there is a good chance!

oh Sus this is BEYOND frustrating!!!!

Go private...Ugh it is at times like this that I am SO GLAD we do NOT have socialized medical care here in the US...good grief!

Sus that is a disgrace ,you really have no choice now u will have to go private ,am so sorry babes u are being messed about ,:nope::hugs::hugs::hugs:

It is a disgrace. The only reason we have not gone private yet is because of my chemical and the cysts they found. the private clinic advised me to wait till the scan on the 15th, they said it will save me some money on some tests.

I just could not believe what they told my OH, fortunately he just had a laugh about it. Nats you are right, It is not too expensive to have the basic tests, but I want to take it further and have some tests that the NHS here don´t even offer, not even after 3 losses.

It is all so frustrating! From what I heard though, the private clinic I found is fantastic, so I hope our luck changes once we are seen there!

Sus, are they for real? Why is it such a long wait to have a SA? I don't get it. It seems to me that some of the girls in the UK get this done very quickly. Am I just confused?

Sus, that is so frustrating. I have a dumb question! :blush: Could you get a private SA and then give the results to your NHS doctor?

I have a funny story for you. Last night I noticed that the documentary "Sperm Wars" was on, and my DH seemed very interested when I told him about it. Then when we turned it on, we'd missed some of it and it was right at the part where a man is getting a vasectomy reversal...my DH turned the channel so fast he was a blur. :haha: We didn't watch it after all!!!

Sus :huh::growlmad::dohh:

That is flipping ridiciulous!

Definitely just pay for a private SA,my IVF clinic charges £130, so it's not too expensive, in fact if we can get a "His n Hers" workup for £230. We will have to repeat all the tests anyway for the IVF.

I had been to see my GP back in early December cocerned I has PCOS and had bloods done ... my testosterone levels were ok etc ... but yet I have facial hair a 14 yr old bot would kill for !! :S

Anyway .. I was sent for an ovary ultra sound and the radiologist said she didnt see anything out of the ordinary only my right ovary was slightly enlarged ????? and some small peripheral cysts that are common in all women .... but I was thinking that 5 months ago I had started vitex and vitamins to try and help .. Im wondering if they have been working ??

Sus what a crock of sh1t! That is just ridiculous and so frustrating that you managed to cajole OH into doing it and then it's taking so long it's not even funny :growlmad:. I'm so p1ssed for you. Argh! Go private girl, it's the right thing to do :thumbup::hugs::hugs::hugs:.

NS I did have to have swabs as despie said, it's a stipulation of the Trust I work for (my boss is doing it.) Most places don't ask for them :shrug:. Good to have you back! :hugs:

Anna Laura :haha: perfect timing to switch onto 'Sperm Wars'. Your poor OH. Mine would have been the same.

Littlepeps if your bloods were fine then that's good news. They never diagnose PCO just from a scan, it's always scans and bloods and ovaries can appear enlarged for physiological reasons at different times in your cycle. And the cysts could just be immature follies. Are you seeing a FS? Maybe you could go back to your GP to get clarification? :hugs:

I have no news, I'm having the HyCoSy next cycle after the swab results come back (negative I hope.) And trying to get my OH to have sex now that we don't need to refrain lol.

Well girls is it me or an SA it is ust about jizz in a pot, send it to the lab and count the:spermy:_

Or maybe that here where I live they need NASA engineers with super tools to count the spermies? Or is is that some idiot sits there with the microscope counting each sperm one by one! :dohh:

It is this extra "devolved" powers this area was given last year and now the EVERYTHING related to fretility goes via IFV clinic. And they were already struggling with waiting lists. :nope::nope:

Private is the solution, at the moment though our concert is those cysts and the strange Cycles and pain I am having.

Little peps, What Keeds says is rigth! :thumbup: In the past when they tried do diagnose me with PCOS and some scans came out with "slighlty enlarged ovaries" but my bloods were always fine. So, they could not diagnose me just with a scan!

Sus, they take a very small sample of the sample, count what's in it and multiply it times the total volume....totally subject to human error.

And to do that they need months! either that or all males in the area want to have their SA done!

Sayin this, we have few examples of human errors with SAs lately:haha:

I am fed up, TTC sucks, it is pants and I am tired of it! I now feel ill with my cycles and can´t even TTC :coffee::sleep:

Here's the shit part...the majority of that test has to be done when the sample is dropped off...they need to she what is alive; morph is one of the tests that can be done on a dead sample.

So, in theory, there IS no wait time.:growlmad:

Sigh, everyting is complicated, even the most simple things.
I am going to phone the private clinic again on monday, althought they told me to wait for the scan on the 15th, but I guess they can still start doing G´s test and them me when I am ready.

Sus, you need the SA either way...I don't see how waiting will help, even if you had PCO, I don't think anyone will recommend a treatment plan, without knowing where G stands, too.:hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kenyawenya
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->