Doctor Appointments

LL :rofl: that's just brilliant.

NS your OH is a diamond. I still can't believe the JIAC debacle :growlmad:.

Okay, I got a question :flower:

Is there anyone here who is on clomid and is ovulating? Okay, so I may have a lot to learn here (okay I know I do :blush:) but I only thought you took it if you weren't but it seems a lot of ladies are taking it anyway? I asked my Dr for it and she said I didn't need it because I O? I'm confused! :shrug:

Thanks x

Why do you take it then if you Ov? I thought it was to stimulate Ov but if you're doing it naturally will it produce super :bodyb: eggs then??!! :haha:

Jax I'm on Clomid and I ovulate naturally every month, same as DM.

It's the "first line" med of choice that doctors prescribe when people have been trying more than 12 months to conceive. Maybe it gives you a better egg, or more eggs, IDK.

In my case I'd been suffering from delayed Ov since my ill advised experiments with EPO and a weeks worth of BCP to change my cycle dates, so the Clomid is hitting my ovaries with a stick right now, to speed things up a bit :shrug:

How does your doctor know that you ovulate though, you've never done monitoring or blood tests or charting?

I'm not saying you don't ovulate, I just don't see how the doc can refuse you the meds "because you ovulate" when she hasn't investigate that.

NS, I've had CD3 and 21 bloods done and she said from that I was. She won't refer me to an FS because of DH's SA, yea I know that old chestnut but I'm wondering if I can back to her and just insist on a prescription for me? I don't need to see the FS for that do I?

See B, told you the fence was getting uncomfortable :haha::haha:

Well there's no harm in trying it for a few months, and a GP can prescribe it, you don't have to see a FS just for Clomid. Though it does seem a lot of NHS GPs are not keen to help us TTC :growlmad:

I went to a private GP for my prescription, it cost £60 for the appointment.

I do have private health insurance, but unfortuantely it has a fertility exclusion, otherwise I would have had all the tests done at the 12 month TTC mark last year.

HAHAHA Glad I was not the only one that laughed at that... I swear it had some "interesting" choices for videos...guess they get Donors to use the room too and some may be gay...does that tell you what I found? HAHAHA

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Girls you made me laugh! between LL´s funny video seeking and Nats sense of humour I had a big loud laugh! :thumbup: Love it!:hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

The Hippo story is great though! Weird what some people are into:haha:

AFM, G is still waiting for his Jizz pot collection referral letter :wacko: so I am now making him phone the private clinic for it as it is taking too long.

And me... well they have changed my scan from the 25 of January till the 15th of February so that it is exactly 6 weeks from the first scan. They said it is to give time to the cysts to disolve, it they haven´t then they will let me know what is next!

I managed to talk to a doctor for the gynecology department, as before yesterday I had not had a temp rise and it looks like I am having an annovulatory cycle, also cos I have very sore boobs, even though I have not ovd. They said (Dmom you said that to me before) that it is all due to the cysts and not ovulating, the levels of oestrogen are making my boobs sore and me feeling down and shattered! I had a massive temp rise today, but as Dmom says, this cycle that does not grant ovulation.

Obvioulsy as they say they are only guessing as they have no bloods to confirm it, so... :shrug: Anyway, I just hope those cysts have disolved by Feb.

:hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

I would have been thrilled if I were a little bit wrong on this one.:hugs:

:haha::haha::haha:

No worries, I don´t mind if I dont ovlulate this cycle, as I am not allowed to TTC. So it is the right time to have an annovulatory cycle! :thumbup:

That is what they told me over the phone yesterday, again they were only guessing from what I was saying, but they said that having cysts and a recent chemical it was probably what was going on! Just hate the way hormones are making me feel!:growlmad: It is like there is no life in me this week!

Is that what oestrogen does to you? Hmm I am going to google that now!

I just read it on Mr Google!

Nasty Oestrogen:growlmad: That is why I felt so bad! :growlmad:

I am manifesting for AF! :thumbup:

True! Progesterone sucks as well:growlmad: Not that I know that, but it is a hormone so, It sucks! :haha::haha:

Poor Sus! Hormones do suck, at least we have an excuse though, my oh is a moody so and so and hormones don´t play any part of it.....or maybe they do and i just don´t take it in to account.
I´m not trying this cycle either and it is kind of nice not to think about it, but I guess if you feel horrid you can´t even enjoy that. Sending huge hugs
nxx

Well there's no harm in trying it for a few months, and a GP can prescribe it, you don't have to see a FS just for Clomid. Though it does seem a lot of NHS GPs are not keen to help us TTC :growlmad:

I went to a private GP for my prescription, it cost £60 for the appointment.

I do have private health insurance, but unfortuantely it has a fertility exclusion, otherwise I would have had all the tests done at the 12 month TTC mark last year.

Thanks NS :thumbup: well I'm thinking I will make an appointment to see her and ask, say I'm getting no-where fast with the SA and can we do something without the FS referral, what harm can it do, she'll either say yes or no.....

I've got private health too, but it's just a little policy kind of thing but I may just ask if I'm covered for any fertility treatment on it too

True! Progesterone sucks as well:growlmad: Not that I know that, but it is a hormone so, It sucks! :haha::haha:

Sus, I reckon Dmom was an FS in a past life :haha: Hope the hormones calm down, clear off and that you're feeling more like you again soon :flower::hugs:

Jax check your policy mine covers what I would consider to be self inflicted (sports injuries) but excludes what we have no control over (fertility issues) :growlmad:

If she says no you have 2 options you can buy Clomid online, OR you can do what I did and see a private GP.

Sus :hugs: I'm manifesting an end to this shitty cycle for you.

[/CENTER]081956]

Sus, I reckon Dmom was an FS in a past life :haha: Hope the hormones calm down, clear off and that you're feeling more like you again soon :flower::hugs:

:haha::haha::haha:

I think she was as well lol. Imagine my face when the doctor lady told me over the phone what Dmom had told me a week before! Hold on... Dmom, it wasnt you on the phone, was it? :haha::haha:

Nats, it also feels good not to try for a cycle! And the fact that i am probably not even ov makes me feel bettet as it does not feel like a waste of a cycle. The thing that is killing me is the hormone imbalance! There is no life in me and my ta tas are too sore?

Does anyone know if painkillers work for very sore boobies? Stupid question but i am struggling with them lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->