Doctor is full of it!

PoasCrazy

Reaction score
https://i54.tinypic.com/24nppuc.jpg
This was about 2 hours ago.
Doctor said negative at ER on sunday.
They must be stupid. If not pregnant then what ?
OB on friday.

https://i56.tinypic.com/v8onc9.jpg
yesterday night

don't listen to the doc, you are pregger's hun...sometimes its too early for their crappy tests to pick up anything and then they automatically say you are not pregnant
Congrats
Did the second test you posted taken after the first test or vice versa?

don't listen to the doc, you are pregger's hun...sometimes its too early for their crappy tests to pick up anything and then they automatically say you are not pregnant
Congrats and a H&H9mo to you!

They did blood. I hope its not tubal. Last night I was spotting and thought af was coming. I had low dose metho at the beginning of the month for missed misscarriage, I don't see how I could be preg already , it hasnt been long enough to O again

I am just hoping and praying that something weird happened with ovulation and you have a strong, healthy bean burrowed very deep. I've got my fingers crossed so hard for you!

i have had that before and it was also confirmed as bfn then i got period then i got pregnant after that period lol good luck xxxx

drs have to read within 3 mins and unless obvious line say bfn.i had mc and hopital said bfn altho blood tests said i was def preg but miscarrying.
the tests are rubbish! x
congrats x

Congrats and a H&H9mo to you!

They did blood. I hope its not tubal. Last night I was spotting and thought af was coming. I had low dose metho at the beginning of the month for missed misscarriage, I don't see how I could be preg already , it hasnt been long enough to O again

I once mc at 7 weeks and was pregnant again before I even got a period. Your very fertile after a mc. good luck x

Most hospitals/doctors offices use 50mIU tests...ICs are 20/25. It's entirely possible that their test is less sensitive than yours.

Did you ask for a blood confirmation? I'd get a blood draw to confirm one way or another.

Also, not to be debbie downer but after a MC it can take up to 6 weeks to get all of the HCG out of your system [after my first MC at 7weeks, I continued to get BFPs for about a month afterwards]

Hope you get some answers soon.

PoasCrazy, sorry I keep missing you. I have been thinking about you a lot the whole weekend, hoping that you have some information and you're doing OK. Miss you! :hugs:

I had the same thing as Stuck...I was getting blood work done for 8 weeks after my MC waiting for my HCG levels to return to 0. Hope it's a new BFP!

Once again...not to sound like debbie downer, if the blood test was negative but you had positive HPTs a few days prior, it's possible that you had a Chemical Pregnancy :( Those IC tests are between 20mIU and 25mIU detection which at the point the blood test would have definitely picked it up.

Is it possible you have a bad batch?

There's two kinds of blood tests that can be ran to confirm or disprove pregnancy; unfortunately both of these kinds of tests are much more accurate than an HPT, regardless of sensitivity. There's some information on both kinds of tests just for learnings sake. lol

Qualitative hCG Pregnancy Blood Test – This gives a yes / no answer as to whether or not hCG is present. It is similar to a urine pregnancy test in as much as it recognizes the presence of hCG.

Quantitative hCG Pregnancy Blood Test- This is a more accurate test which calculates the exact amount of hCG in the blood sample this aids in the EDD – estimated due date. Occasionally you can experience a false negative or false positive result this is usually because you may be taking medicines which contain hCG or that you have taken the pregnancy test too early. During your booking visit which is your first appointment your midwife or your doctor will take a detailed medical history and after discussing your estimated dates for your baby’s arrival you will have your first blood sample taken.

PoasCrazy, sorry I keep missing you. I have been thinking about you a lot the whole weekend, hoping that you have some information and you're doing OK. Miss you! :hugs:

Sorry for being MIA. I have news but I'm not going to tell you on here. Hope you're on soon. I don't have anyone to vent to :shrug:

I was getting positives that were coming up at about 5 minutes. i went to the nurse and she said after one minute its negative and threw it away. She then asked if i wanted a blood yes still. i said yes ofcourse and it came back positive Ha!

hope this had a happy ending xxc

I am now the owner of 1 ovary. Ovarian pregnancy is very rare I guess, thats why my levels were very whacky. If the doctor would have listened to me this past month and done something, I wouldnt have had it get so bad. The chances of ovarian pregnancy are very low although having ovarian drilling done in the past raises the chances. (which I have had)
Sorry if I got everyones hopes up. Im out for 6 weeks.

awwww huge hugs hun nightmare when this sort of thing happens we had suspected ectopic in feb 2010 had to get blasted with methotrexate and was out of TTC game for 6months because of it really screwed me up worse still found out they were wrong :( i am sorry to you have been through this hell huge hugs xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->