Doctor told us possible boy at 13 weeks??

rebecca87

Reaction score
Hello

We had to go to fetal medicine this week for a second scan, as our 11 week scan showed maybe a problem with the cord (thankfully all is ok, no problems at all that they could see on the second scan). We were very lucky we got to see our little baby again.

I asked the doctor if there was a small chance she could have a look and see if we are having a boy or a girl. She said its very early but she would have a look for us but not to take it as anywhere near certain. She told us she thinks it could be a boy, but don't be painting anything blue just yet.

I was just wondering if any of you ladies have been told this early and it be right or wrong? Should i think that its more than likely going to be a boy as she was top doctor so i assume has done this many many times lol.

Thanks xx

I found out at 13 weeks with my son! She laughed because she was so sure! :haha: and my daughter at 13 weeks ~ lady wasn't 100% BUT guessed girl and she was right. Both were confirmed before 16 weeks at a private scan! :)

Yes I found out at 13 weeks too when I had my son. She said she was liek 70% sure! And she was right

So from what I've heard, if it looks like a boy it's really probanly a boy, even early on. They can mistake a boy for a girl early on but not a girl for a boy. So it's really likely a boy!

In Canada they won't tell us until 20 weeks!!

I'm sure if you ask during an ultrasound they can try and give the usual disclaimer of "I may be wrong!" It's your medical info they should answer question if possible - it's weird they would be required to keep your own medical information from you? But what do I know about Canadian Heath care law :shrug:

I'm sure if you ask during an ultrasound they can try and give the usual disclaimer of "I may be wrong!" It's your medical info they should answer question if possible - it's weird they would be required to keep your own medical information from you? But what do I know about Canadian Heath care law :shrug:

It's because we have a large East Asian population in bc (who only desire boys) and if they find out they're having a girl they will end the pregnancy. So they won't tell the gender until you're past the point when most doctors will perform an abortion.

My son was obviously a boy at my 12 week scan and confirmed at my 20 weeks scan.

Thanks ladies. By the looks of things i am going to be more than likely having my second little boy xx

It's because we have a large East Asian population in bc (who only desire boys) and if they find out they're having a girl they will end the pregnancy. So they won't tell the gender until you're past the point when most doctors will perform an abortion.

yes that the same in the uk i got a nice lady who could not tell me but nodded lol

yes that the same in the uk i got a nice lady who could not tell me but nodded lol

Not everywhere in the U.K, they've told me every time!

Same but I do know it depends which nhs trust you live in!

Same but I do know it depends which nhs trust you live in!

Yeah I've heard that! I can understand why, if it's the same reasons as to why they will not tell people the sex in Canada.

Yeah totally, plus I think they don't want people taking too long in the scan room trying to get a good look at baby's gender

This make me sad :nope:

I was 11+6 at my dating scan with my daughter, I said to OH I'm still sure it's a girl (I've known both sexes of my babies way before any scan could tell, god knows how!) but the sonographer said "what makes you so sure it's a girl?" I said "I don't know, I just know" and she just smiled. She was confirmed at 17wks lol. They can tell sex that early, especially if it's boy because all babies are girls until the penis develops so id say she's prob spot on!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->