doctors - chest infection ?

Lauz_1601

Reaction score
Iv got a docs appointment at 2.50 today. Iv had a cold for a week now, its driving me mad, I can hardly talk and this morning when I woke up, I had a pain in my cheston the left hand side when I coughed, could it be a chest infection ? I hate going the docs incase its not and Im wasting their time. do u think Im right to go the docs ? a week is long time to have a cold isnt it ?

anyone had a chest infection before ? what are the symptoms ?

chest feeling sorce and weezie and coughing alot i think that are all the symtoms, hun have you been taking anything for your cold over the last week? a cold can last 3 4 weeks hun, i have had a cold for a month before, but it should start to be easing off by now though

Erm a week is nothing in my opionion I developed a sore throat two weeks efore Xmas and as of Boxing day it got worse, so I have coughing fits thats actually make me throw up. I think its finally on its way out but will prob be hanging round for a few days still.

Are you coughing up stuff? Is your nose bunged up or running? Cause generally a cough cant clear up intill its runout of junk to cough up.

If you are having chest pains Id definitley see a doctor, you need to watch your lungs too.

Sometimes collds go down into your chest etc.Good luck and keep us posted :D

oh I though colds only lasted a few days, feel stupid now, but I suppose its better to get it checked out incase it has gone to my chest, the pain has gone now but my chest feels 'funny' I am still coughing up musus and runny nose.

the docs dont seem to be taking coughs and colds serious. i no what you mean though i always feel silly incase i look like a time waister.

but Dior and Harley have been really poorly. coughing fits then being sick Dior aint slept for 3 nights Harley aint ate. i have been the docs twice and both times he has just said its a viral infection it will pass thye just have musus on there chest and just give calpol. wouldnt even give me cough medicine for them :evil:

If you are coughing up green yucky stuff ( :sick: ) then its more than likey to be a chest infection and they should start you on some antibiotics.
If not then knowing what GPs are like they will probley just tell you to rest and let it take its course !!!!!

I canelled the appointment in the end :oops: I didnt want to watse the doc time knowing he couldnt do much about it, so I'll just see how I am next week hopefully its just a cold that will go. My chest has been ok today, no pain just coughing! thanks for your replies girls xxx

Lauz by next week it could be a lot worse! :shock: Hope u feel better :D

hey hun sorry to hear you are still feeling poorly! darren has the flu atm n the doc told him off 4 not gettin his flu jab :lol: :lol: just make sure your getting plenty rest and fluids xx

join the club im full of a cold sore thoart i cant speak but the oh thinks its great that i cant talk

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->