Doctor's test help!!!

AnnLav

Reaction score
So I went to the doctor yesterday and had a urine pregnancy test done (it wasn't the reason I was there but they did one anyway) and it came back negative. I still had a couple of dollar store tests left, so this morning I took one and there was a super faint line. I figured I was just crazy, so I took another one this evening and there was STILL a faint line, and it even looked a little darker.

Has anyone experienced this? Are the dollar store tests just being silly, or are they picking up something that the doctor's test didn't?

Thank you!!

I've never used the dollar store brands, but was it a pink dye one? Unfortunately, blue dyes give evaporation lines. If the line was pink, I think you could be pregnant (if it was in the time limit). I've heard some doctors use tests that aren't as sensitive. Your best bet is to use FRER or try a digital.

How many dpo are you? it could be that yesterday you didnt have enough hcg in your system and now you do. And office tests are not as sensitive. Also...doctors dont try to find very faint lines so it could have been slightly there yesterday and just went unnoticed.

Yes, doctor's tests are notoriously mistaken. They are usually 50mlU and many tests like First Response are 25mlU. I'm not sure about the dollar store ones but I've heard good things about them.

Thank you ladies :) I have very irregular cycles (which is actually why I went in to the office), so I'm not sure what DPO I am. I had blood work done yesterday and find out the results tomorrow, so we'll see how it goes.

I've seen alot of posts on here about dollar store evaps, but I've never experienced one personally, and I've used them alot. HOWEVER, I got blazing positives on first response tests, and many others, only to get a negative at the dr.s office. Then I started my period 4 days late, and my hpts started fading away.... I know I was pregnant that cycle. I think that the people in dr. office that perform the tests don't take the right amount of time to read them.

Sounds like you may be expecting. :) Dr tests are known to give false negatives! Or maybe not waiting long enough for the test to run. Curious to see how the blood work went!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->