Does a regular 28/30 day cycle mean I am ovulating?

Imaan

Reaction score
Hi all, I am a little confused. My OPKs show that I don't ovulate every month but my consultant is insisting that I do because:

1) The month they did the day 21 bloods I did ovulate (as confirmed with the CBFM)

2) She said a regular cycle means I am ovulating.

She said my CBFM is inaccurate. What do you think? is she wrong? are my 10 boxes of sticks and fertility monitor faulty? :shrug:

i dont know the answer, but am interested to see if someone else does.

I also have a regular 28 day cycle and according to 21 day bloods ovulate, however i dont seem to get positive opks

I think that just because one lot of day21 bloods showed you ovulated doesn't mean you do every month! Can you repeat the day21 test? My first day21 test came back low suggesting I hadn't ovulated but when they repeated it in the next cycle it came back normal suggesting I had! I don't have a regular cycle 9anywhere between 31 and 61 days) so im not sure about the 28 day cycles meaning you always ovulate?

I think no matter what your cycle length is, there is always a small chance for various reasons you won't ovulate occasionally. How long have your opks not been showing anything?
If it's just one month than maybe it's a one off, but if you are constantly not getting any positives then that is a little stange! Do you have pcos? Can that affect ov? (I don't have it so don't know!)

No, unfortunately it doesn't and your doctor is not correct to insist that you do.

One of the most reliable ways to tell (apart from cD21 progesterone test) is to take your BBT. If you don't get a positive opk/ peak on your CBFM but your BBT goes up and stays up that pretty muuch guarantees ovulation.

I think that just because one lot of day21 bloods showed you ovulated doesn't mean you do every month! Can you repeat the day21 test? My first day21 test came back low suggesting I hadn't ovulated but when they repeated it in the next cycle it came back normal suggesting I had! I don't have a regular cycle 9anywhere between 31 and 61 days) so im not sure about the 28 day cycles meaning you always ovulate?

I think no matter what your cycle length is, there is always a small chance for various reasons you won't ovulate occasionally. How long have your opks not been showing anything?
If it's just one month than maybe it's a one off, but if you are constantly not getting any positives then that is a little stange! Do you have pcos? Can that affect ov? (I don't have it so don't know!)

Thanks for your response hun. I had the same problem. They did the 21 day blood test twice (in the first I didn't ovulate and the second I did - that's why they repeated it... I know this because it was confimed by my OPKs). I haven't ovulated for the past two months. I have been using opks for the past 13 months and in that time I have ovulated 6 times (according to the opks). I told her that I am not ovulating every month but she insisted that I am :( she was so stern.. she wouldn't even discuss it.

I have no idea if I have pcos. I know that I don't have any cysts on my ovaries as they have recently been scanned.

No, unfortunately it doesn't and your doctor is not correct to insist that you do.

One of the most reliable ways to tell (apart from cD21 progesterone test) is to take your BBT. If you don't get a positive opk/ peak on your CBFM but your BBT goes up and stays up that pretty muuch guarantees ovulation.

Thanks Maria, that's what I thought I had read before too. She was so insistant and I felt so frustrated with her. I guess it won't matter though if I am going for IUI as all the drugs I'll be on will induce ovulation anyway :(

I am pretty sure my opks are accurate but I guess I should also try bbt.

Hi Imaan

i would definitely recommend bbt for the cycles leading up to your IUI. to confirm you ovulate but also to know your luteal phase, so you rule out a luteal phase defect too.

x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"