Does a small suitcase seem to much to bring to hospital?

SpecialGift89

Countdown-2 days to go!!!
Reaction score
Hi ya girls,
I was just wondering if people will look at me like I'm mad bringing a small suitcase to hospital. That way I can easily pack me and babies things together. He's going to be a winter baby and I hate the cold so I want to make sure i have all my nice winter previsions such as my think cosy dressing gown. I don't think a holdall will be big enough for me and at least it being on wheels it can be moved around easily. What do you all think and what will you be using? x

Hi ya girls,
I was just wondering if people will look at me like I'm mad bringing a small suitcase to hospital. That way I can easily pack me and babies things together. He's going to be a winter baby and I hate the cold so I want to make sure i have all my nice winter previsions such as my think cosy dressing gown. I don't think a holdall will be big enough for me and at least it being on wheels it can be moved around easily. What do you all think and what will you be using? x

I hadn't thought about too much but a small suitcase actually sounds like a good idea lol! And who cares what other people think, my LO is going to be a winter baby (and hopefully either a Christmas or New year baby, being due on 30th December) so its going to be bitterly cold and I don't want me or LO getting chilly! I've heard that maternity wards or always kept quite warm, but like you say, a suitcase on wheels is much easier than a holdall or sports bag, especially in a rush!

Im only bringing a small bag for me and bubs as our hospital provides alot...

You should see first if your hospital provides certain things and go from there...

Ive got a wheelie one you take on flights?! I dont think there will be a luggage check in! They wont weight it and turn you away!? I hope not anyway ive got loads of stuff! Ive got my dressing gown too! I was thinking I might change it to a large holdall as I think it looks like Im going on holiday! Although I told my mum I had packed a suitcase and she giggled at me! So I dont know now. Like you say its on wheels so its easy to bring and I think its easier to see whats in there.

I'm taking a cabin sized wheelie with a small vanity type bag. I dont think a small case is too much.

x

I don't think that a small case is too much. I'm using a weekender type bag, which is quite large.
xx

I think a small suitcase is fine. Initially, I had a suitcase (quite a big one) for the ward and a small holdall for the labour. But I thought it looked too much, plus the suitcase was only half full. So I swapped the suitcase for another holdall and it looks much more manageable!

Have you had a tour of the hospital yet?
I was really shocked at the lack of storage space!! The midwife showing us round insisted that you take 2 small bags, one with stuff for the labour and one for afterwards.

I'm taking 2 backpacks - one with baby things and one for me both labour and after. I'm trying to keep it compact as we don't have a car so a taxi or ambulance is going to have to take us to the hospital.

its all about personal preference (and obviously having enough room at hospital for it :) ) Shouldn't worry about what anyone will think.. its your labour and hospital stay.. you have to take what your comfortable with. :)

I'm taking a small suitcase too one's you can take on board a flight and then a changing bag for bubs. I packed a weekend bag and it wasn't big enough so had to swap to the case!!!

I think its the perfect thing to take- its what ive got!

I was going to take 2 holdalls. One for me, and the other for baby. But realised a small pull along suitcase would be brilliant for baby. And a holdall for me. It's not too much, no. :)

I was packing some stuff in my small case the other day, just to get it out the way and got hardly anything in it lol so need to use the next size up. Only got my stuff in it and two baby outfits so I def need a bigger one. Don't care what ppl think, DH will be carrying it anyway ;)

i'm taking a small suitcase as well, I should be able to fit everything in it for the labour afterwards and things for baby as well.

I've got my stuff in quite a large holdall which has wheels - should get everything for me, bubs and DH in there though!

If you don't take something the size of a suitcase then you will end up with about 8 carrier bags as well....I promise you. A medium size suitcase may even be more appropriate to put all the baby presents, cards etc in when you're going home. At least you can just stand it up neatly next to your bed....takes up less room than all those carrier bags and feeling like a "bag lady":rofl:

I've done this a few times before so I know what I'm talking about:rofl::blush:

Ive got a small suitcase on wheels and a backpack just in case.
Even though ive lived with my hubby for nearly 8 yrs, he still doesn't know where i keep most of my things, so i need to make sure i have it all with me because if i ask him to bring it, he'll end up bringing something completely different to what ive asked for.

Pffft i have no idea how big a bag i will need, i kinda think that i will be easily filling 2 rugby bags... eeek!! I dont travel lightly ever :lol:

I'm taking a small suitcase that I used as cabin luggage on a flight and maybe a little shoulder bag... unless by some miracle it will all squeeze into one... I'm packing this weekend - yay x x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
babygiftcoll
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->