Does anyone add infacol to bottles?

k4th

Reaction score
I'm in the uk & instructions say to give a dose before a feed. But a friend was told by a HV. She could add it to the bottle for better results.

The only info I can find on the net relates to Australia & it says you CAN add it to bottles - but I'm worried it's different over there.

Anyone else told to add it to bottles?

I'm in Canada and I added it to the bottle for my first son and it was fine. He didn't really like the taste so he'd spit it out and wouldn't get a full dose.

I'm in the UK and we used to add it to bottles, nobody said we could be switched from using dentinox and the taste was so bad my DS would refuse any bottle with it in. It worked absolutely fine in his bottle. We only used it for a few weeks and he winds like a pro on his own now.

Thanks ladies!

Rainbow - my ds will take the bottle with dentinox in but it stinks!! Urgh! Can't taste nice!!

Will give infacol a try :thumbup:

My health visitor actually told me to give it 15-30mins before a feed. I was giving it directly before. She said it works by coating the digestive tract, so its best to have a delay. I'm not convinced it was making any difference, but might be worth a try for you if baby will take it!

My health visitor actually told me to give it 15-30mins before a feed. I was giving it directly before. She said it works by coating the digestive tract, so its best to have a delay. I'm not convinced it was making any difference, but might be worth a try for you if baby will take it!

I was giving it immediately before a feed too. In the middle of the night it's just not feasible to be woken by a crying, hungry baby & then wait 20 mins to feed! Maybe that's why it wasn't doing the trick?!

My god daughter's parents add it to her bottles before feeding

Absolutely, not gonna work overnight. I did start keeping it by my bed, giving it straight away and then organising the bottle, so there was a bit of a delay although not so much!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->