does anyone do barefoot or minimalist running?

bumpy_j

Reaction score
I'm looking to find some barefoot runners who can recommend me how to get started and whether it's worth buying a shoe or not :) have you found any benefits with it?

I'm looking to find some barefoot runners who can recommend me how to get started and whether it's worth buying a shoe or not :) have you found any benefits with it?

Hi, only just joined today

I love running (playing tennis, well doing most most things) barefoot and the advantages are your suppose to reduce your chances of getting running injuries, your bones strengthen and your performance increases. If that is true why did non of the athletes at the Olympics run barefoot?

I like doing it because it feels good, even surfaces like tarmac can feel good once you got used to them. My favorite place to run barefoot is in the woods in the park.

Wear the cushioned sports socks at first, they are cheap 3 or 4 pairs for a £1 from Asda.

Disadvantages, your get stared at, especially if the weather is not so great, you need to watch were your going, but that sort of becomes second nature, avoid standing on cracks in the pavement if you can (a childhood game).

When I can not go barefoot I wear heels :)

My daughter goes everywhere with no shoes on but I like her to wear her socks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->