Does anyone else ever feel like...?

Rin731

LTTTC #1
Reaction score
...you just want to "give up"? :wacko:

Like not really stop trying, but try and detach yourself emotionally from the whole
--> "Ooh, ooh, I'm ovulating, :sex: , then you either are; A) a regular cycle person, so you get :witch: , and :cry::cry::cry: or are B) an irregular person ( like me, no period since Nov 2010), so you wait, wait, wait ...:af: (sometimes MONTHS ON END) ... :bfn:.... :bfn:...:bfn: , :cry::cry::cry: ...." <--
thing.

I feel like I really want to get pregnant SO BADLY and no matter how much I try to shrug it off or say "It'll happen when it happens.", it still hurts and is a let down every time?

Sorry if it sounded a bit complain-y...:blush::dohh:

I feel the same way.I'm option A.. each month I just wanna cry & cry.
I feel like I should just give up like it's never going to happen,but I can't seem to ignore the idea either no matter how much I try.

:hug:

I feel the same way.I'm option A.. each month I just wanna cry & cry.
I feel like I should just give up like it's never going to happen,but I can't seem to ignore the idea either no matter how much I try.

:hug:

Yes! I got my period today, and we had unprotected sex nearly every single day this month, (and everyday since the beginning of Oct, in fact...,maybe missed 1-2 days this month) and I know we had sex when I ovulated cause I (tmi) had cramping on my left side by my ovary and extra discharge.

So I just wonder why if I ovulated, how we missed it. It gets me so down, esp since DH is completely on board and hoping too. :(

If I get a period next month, I'm due to ovulate on Feb 14th, so I'm hoping and praying so hard for a Valentine's baby.[-o&lt;[-o&lt;[-o&lt;

:dust:

yeah iam trying to detach and get on with life and think if it happens it happens its only my first month so ill probs find it harder and harder but at the min ive just come off my implant and havnt had any sign of AF so i dont no whats happening iam testing on val day cos thats exactly a month since i had it out iam not expecting anything and it makes me sad that iam not expecting anything but ive got to keep myself grounded doesnt stop the dissapointment thou does it :cry:

yeah iam trying to detach and get on with life and think if it happens it happens its only my first month so ill probs find it harder and harder but at the min ive just come off my implant and havnt had any sign of AF so i dont no whats happening iam testing on val day cos thats exactly a month since i had it out iam not expecting anything and it makes me sad that iam not expecting anything but ive got to keep myself grounded doesnt stop the dissapointment thou does it :cry:

Best of luck to you too, hon. I got off BCP in Sept, had a period, one in Nov, then nothing til now, and it's not as heavy as it should be...:shrug: It's just so hard to want something so badly and know that no matter how much you want it, sometimes it's a long wait. We've been NTNP since Oct, so only 3 months, but it gets worse every month. My heart goes out to people who have been NTNP or TTC for years. :hugs:

Totally Rin! Even though we are NTNP and allegedly being relaxed about it, it's hard not to get emotionally involved (especially as we are the ones feeling all the symptoms etc - if you know when you ov for example, it's not like you can ignore it).

Unfortunately no matter how much you BD or how healthy you are, conceiving is a roll of the dice every time - even if all the conditions are perfect and you BD at the right time you only have at most a 25% chance of conceiving. We just have to wait for the dice to roll in our favour I suppose.

Sending :hugs:

Totally Rin! Even though we are NTNP and allegedly being relaxed about it, it's hard not to get emotionally involved (especially as we are the ones feeling all the symptoms etc - if you know when you ov for example, it's not like you can ignore it).

Unfortunately no matter how much you BD or how healthy you are, conceiving is a roll of the dice every time - even if all the conditions are perfect and you BD at the right time you only have at most a 25% chance of conceiving. We just have to wait for the dice to roll in our favour I suppose.

Sending :hugs:

Well I FINALLY got :witch: on Monday night, and hadn't had her since Nov, so I'm HOPING I ovulate again...if I do, it's to be around Valentine's Day, so who knows, a Valentine's baby?:haha:

So really, for me getting my period is good as it lets me know I'm getting a little more on schedule, I hope. XD

:hugs::hugs: To all of us, because we all know how hard it is.

That's good, hope you catch that egg this time! :hugs:

Yes!! Like today, i woke up really down and emotinal, i actually made a thread on bnb because i felt so down and just wanted to give up!
It hurts so much, it just feels like its never going to happen
Im not a posative person anyway proberbly because nothing good ever happens to me so why would this happen to me, but i havent given up hope altogether just yet! Im on the next chapter, which is starting fertility drugs so im hoping they work!
Dont give up hun, i do understand how your feeling and i bet alot of others on here understand and feel exactly the same but it will happen :hugs::hugs:

Yes!! Like today, i woke up really down and emotinal, i actually made a thread on bnb because i felt so down and just wanted to give up!
It hurts so much, it just feels like its never going to happen
Im not a posative person anyway proberbly because nothing good ever happens to me so why would this happen to me, but i havent given up hope altogether just yet! Im on the next chapter, which is starting fertility drugs so im hoping they work!
Dont give up hun, i do understand how your feeling and i bet alot of others on here understand and feel exactly the same but it will happen :hugs::hugs:

Good luck to you.

I'm the same way. Sometimes I feel like nothing turns out how I thought it would. Not a bad thing, just a rocky trail to take. And I get sooooooo emotionally into things. :cry:

Ooh, good luck also with the drugs, I hope they help. :thumbup:

I haven't had any blood work done cause no insurance to do so. :-\ I don't think I ovulate regularly, I get periods 2-4 months apart, and VERY heavy and painful. :blush:

:hugs::hugs:
:dust: :dust:

I know exactly how you feel, I've been trying to 'detach' myself from it for months, my current least faviorite word is 'hope' because hope leads to more pain and disappointment when it doesn't work out.

But I'm am literally a glass-is-half-empty kinda person. My life is forever going with the odds. For example, it there is a 51% chance of something happening to me, then it will happen, if it's a 49% chance, it wont happen. 50% naturally can go either way, but it usually goes the way I don't want it to.
So, when I read that each month, even if you do everything exactly right, you only have a 20% chance of conceiving, you can naturally guess what way it will happen for me. So I'm wondering why I'm bothering, but I want it so bad, so I keep perservering.

I also have another theory: Most women in my area who fall pregnant seem to be the sort that fall accidently, and didn't really want it until they found out they were preg. (i.e, the huge amount of teenagers in my area, it's like teen-pregnancy central here!)
So my theory is that to fall pregnant easily, you have to not really want it. So I'm trying to not want it, but it's not working cos they only way I could convince whoever is in charge of conception that I don't want it is to go back on BCP, and I could never not want it THAT bad.

I ramble, I know. But that's my theory and I'm sticking with it. I know it wont apply to alot of people, and I know it's a bit silly, but it's what I use to get me through, because nothing else seems to right now. *sigh*

I know exactly how you feel, I've been trying to 'detach' myself from it for months, my current least faviorite word is 'hope' because hope leads to more pain and disappointment when it doesn't work out.

But I'm am literally a glass-is-half-empty kinda person. My life is forever going with the odds. For example, it there is a 51% chance of something happening to me, then it will happen, if it's a 49% chance, it wont happen. 50% naturally can go either way, but it usually goes the way I don't want it to.
So, when I read that each month, even if you do everything exactly right, you only have a 20% chance of conceiving, you can naturally guess what way it will happen for me. So I'm wondering why I'm bothering, but I want it so bad, so I keep perservering.

I also have another theory: Most women in my area who fall pregnant seem to be the sort that fall accidently, and didn't really want it until they found out they were preg. (i.e, the huge amount of teenagers in my area, it's like teen-pregnancy central here!)
So my theory is that to fall pregnant easily, you have to not really want it. So I'm trying to not want it, but it's not working cos they only way I could convince whoever is in charge of conception that I don't want it is to go back on BCP, and I could never not want it THAT bad.

I ramble, I know. But that's my theory and I'm sticking with it. I know it wont apply to alot of people, and I know it's a bit silly, but it's what I use to get me through, because nothing else seems to right now. *sigh*

I'm sorry you're having such a rough time of it. We all get down about NTNP or TTC.. but sometimes I feel, too, like the 50% always tips the wrong way. :shrug:

Then I get to feeling ungrateful, which I'm not. On my end, it hurts also to kno my husband wants :baby: so bad too. :cry:

My situation is also a little more difficult cause I am not regular at all. So the 20% + going 2-4 months without a period=major improbability. I also know I ovulated in Jan, cause I had cramps around my ov time and then had a period :growlmad:, and had unprotected sex the whole time! :dohh:

It's exhausting. I almost want to take a break, but since I'm not getting regular periods, I think, "Why not keep NTNP?"....cause really if I get pregnant with :witch: 2-4 months apart, it'll be a miracle, since I doubt I'm ovulating then...Boo. So I'm doomed til I can get blood work/tests done.

Sorrrrrrry long rant. I just feel like I have no one else to talk to about this, as none of my friends are close, or in the "want a baby" stage of their lives.

:hugs:

P.S. I also agree about the teenagers. Seems like these teen girls can look at a man and get pregnant and we have such trouble!

I am ntnp with irreglar long cycles and every month i convince myself i am then get bfn followed by af a week later so disappointing every time it comes. Xx hugs xx

I am ntnp with irreglar long cycles and every month i convince myself i am then get bfn followed by af a week later so disappointing every time it comes. Xx hugs xx

I am the same, and I know how bad it can get... I wish you the best. :)
:dust: :hugs:

Awww ladies, the first month you quit worrying about it, it will happen...things sort of seem to happen that way...and same as someone mentioned...when you want something you don't get it and when you don't want it, it happens...Plan a trip and you will get pregnant ;)

I understand completely.

Every time I think I'm pregnant, I take a test and I'm let down. I see other people with babies and I'm like, "That will never happen to me. I'm not good enough." But thinking negative will bring you negative surroundings. Turn the negatives into positives. Say, "This will happen to me. It might take time but it's worth the wait."

If I gave up every time I got a :bfn:, I wouldn't be here.

Stay strong because things turn around for those who wait for it. Good things come to those who wait. Good luck. Fingers crossed for you.

I understand completely.

Every time I think I'm pregnant, I take a test and I'm let down. I see other people with babies and I'm like, "That will never happen to me. I'm not good enough." But thinking negative will bring you negative surroundings. Turn the negatives into positives. Say, "This will happen to me. It might take time but it's worth the wait."

If I gave up every time I got a :bfn:, I wouldn't be here.

Stay strong because things turn around for those who wait for it. Good things come to those who wait. Good luck. Fingers crossed for you.

Good luck to you too, thanks! :) :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->