Does anyone else feel like they are stuck in limbo?

Misstink

Reaction score
Well, i know im pregnant, ive done 17 pregnancy tests as well as one at the doctors.........all very strong positives, we had a early scan at 5+5, found the baby straight away, along with a strong little heartbeat and was put forward to 6+1 but now we havent got an appointment with the mw till Wed, my morning sickness isnt as bad today as it has been (do symptoms come and go, or should i worry?) and i just feel like im stuck in limbo not knowing what is going on in there!! It doesnt help that im very impatient and a massive worrier, its my first baby after trying for 3 and a half years and i just want to know that everything is progressing as it should and its the not knowing thats killing me!! Aaaaaaarrrrrgggghhhhhh!!!:wacko:
Anyone else feeling the same?!!

xxxxx

Get use to it :)! The entire 1st trimester is like that. You are fortunate that you have already gotten to have an u/s. I found out I was pg at less than 4 weeks, I am 9 weeks now and it's been the longest 5 weeks of my life! I don't even have my first MW appt until June 10th. Every day feels like an eternity!

Yes and unfortunately I don't think it goes away. I try to distract myself!

Its understandable feeling that way. You've already had a positive scan which is great news.
Symptoms can come and go so make the most of the less stressful days. You were TTC a long time so I would imagine the not knowing is really hard for you.

I was exactly like this with my first! I convinced myself I wasnt pregnant at all, even after taking a million tests and confirming it with the dr!

It is true though that you should get used to it. It's horrible and the worry never truely leaves you...EVER, haha.

xxx

yeah i feel the same.. i havent had many symptoms, i saw a midwife for the first time this wednsday just gone, but havent had scan or heard heartbeat so keep worrying that theres no baby in there or something lol..even though i havent had AF since mid march, and have had bloating quite bad and a few symptoms it just doesnt quite feel real yet!

Its normal from what ive heard that symptoms come and go,everyone is different,some dont even really get any symptoms at all!
Its hard but i guess we just have to stay positive that everything is ok cos worrying wont do any good.

Oh blimey!! The one time you cant drink and its the time you need to the most!! Haha!!
Thankyou ladies, i feel better knowing im not the only one!! I have never felt so amazingly happy but so petrified at the same time!!
H&H nine months to us all!!
Elephant29, you have a beautiful baby and i love the name!!
xxxxxx

Get use to it :)! The entire 1st trimester is like that. You are fortunate that you have already gotten to have an u/s. I found out I was pg at less than 4 weeks, I am 9 weeks now and it's been the longest 5 weeks of my life! I don't even have my first MW appt until June 10th. Every day feels like an eternity!

i can relate to this hun! i found out when i was about 5 weeks and didnt have first appointment till this wednesday just gone...felt like i was waiting forever!

Oh blimey!! The one time you cant drink and its the time you need to the most!! Haha!!
Thankyou ladies, i feel better knowing im not the only one!! I have never felt so amazingly happy but so petrified at the same time!!
H&H nine months to us all!!
Elephant29, you have a beautiful baby and i love the name!!
xxxxxx

Aw thank you! She's a little darling and if I get a second like her I will be happy! We chose her name at 12 weeks before we knew pink or blue and it's just suited her.

It is one of the most confusing times in your life. Your so right. You feel sooo happy but completely scared witless at the same time.

xxx

What you are feeling is completely normal :thumbup:. Symptoms do come and go especially in the 1st trimester. When I was pregnant with my baby boy I was nervous all the way through as me and my husband had been trying for a baby for 10 years and had a mc in 2009. At least when you are approx 15 weeks - maybe a bit earlier (I know it will feel like a lifetime away) you could get a doppler to listen to your babys heartbeat to at home to put your mind at rest. Enjoy the rest of your pregnancy :happydance:

I know exactly how you feel! I found out I was pg at 3w+3d and the time has dragged since! I had a scan at 6w+1d due to bleeding and saw the heartbeat which was fantastic but now I'm driving myself crazy as my MW appoinment isn't until 13th June. There's no way I can wait another 5 weeks or so for the 12w scan so I have booked a private scan at 9w. I just want the 1st trimester to hurry up!

I thought my MS was starting a few days ago when I woke and was almost sick, but nothing since which has been worrying me. I still have sore BBS, mega bloating and tiredness though so I'm trying to be rational. We were TTC for 18 months which seemed like a lifetime, but I swear this wait is even worse! (this is our first too).

H&H 9 months to you!

Completely normal! I am 6+1 and my first appointment is today and I am not getting an u/s, just a pelvic exam (which I was upset about, but got over). Everyone told me just to keep positive and have faith in the little one. Every time I worry I might hurt my unborn child, my husband gets a serious face and tells me, "Babe, you're made of tougher stuff than that and that's that." That normally reminds me to stop freaking out at every little thing. I am just going through the motions as this is my first pregnancy and have no clue what to expect. We were TTC for a year. Everyone says that if it's meant to be it will happen and nothing you can do can change the outcome. That's the best way to look at it. Wishing you a happy and healthy 9months!

17 tests! :) I love it. And I'm getting teased by my family for taking 5!

How do you think us US mommies feel? under normal circumstances, we dont get an U/S until 20weeks!! :haha:

I could have almost written that first post myself! Ttc for over 3 years, I've seen the hb, only a lil over a week ago, yet I'm still so freaked out. I read all these posts about women who had no indication anything was wrong then go in for their 12 week scan to find no hb it scares me so much. My next u/s is the 14th I'm getting an nt screen half bc I get to see the baby:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->