Does anyone else get really annoyed with some peoples attitude of the rich should pay

wow, that does seem crazy, subsidised childcare when one parent is at home! I can see that as a higher earner you'd be unimpressed about helping pay for that. What a waste of taxpayers money!

yep!it is crazy!its enough that they get benefits, very cheap meds, cheap everything cos of their health care card and then cc as well when its not needed!!and on top of the subsidy they get a yearly childcare rebate as well!everyone gets that but it is obviously more for the ppl on benefits!

In the UK the childcare element of tax credits is only available if both parents (or a single parent) works at least 16 hours pw. It's then means tested. There are free 15 hours nursery for 3 year olds and Clegg's only surviving policy was to get this for 2 year olds for families on low income. The nursery places have a curriculum and are ofsted checked and usually are split over the week. They are about child development not care.

I agree it is unfair that there are people who take advantage of the system but that I'm afraid is a rule with any system, there's no getting away from it whatever system we had. It's important to bear in mind that it is totally exaggerated in the media too. I think I mentioned earlier that benefit fraud is estimated at £1bn pa which seems a lot until it's compared with tax evasion (corporate and ultra rich we're talking here) at £50bn pa. The very rich should be paying very much more even under existing rules. They are very good at divide and conquer which is why we sit bickering about is £35k rich etc instead of all looking up and saying why the hell are billionaires paying nothing? My brother sent me an article from 2006, I'll look it up after posting, about the tax loops and how much tax is paid by the top millionaires. It's an interesting read. Sadly it reflects badly on Labour at that time but I think it's worth remembering that half the current cabinet is a millionaire and if Labour were letting them get away with it the Tories are going to be a whole lot more lenient on their OWN pockets!

https://business.timesonline.co.uk/tol/business/law/article658376.ece

Childcare is subsidised here (used to be free but I guess they changed that a few years ago) depending on your income you pay between 0 and 200 euros a month which is nothing compared to the prices I've seen people talk about on BnB! This is state daycare though, with private daycare you get up to almost 300 euros a month for each child but I think private is really expensive so that doesn't help much. Or you get paid home childcare allowance if you're a SAHP but you don't have to be the one looking after the child(ren) (grandparents etc can look after them instead and you still get paid).

I do think its a bit stupid when people moan about benefits fraud but ignore tax evasion or even agree with it! (not saying anyone here agrees with tax evasion)

We don't really have state childcare. The free nursery places can be at school (so those are state) but they are in school hours, can only start in Sept (so depending on a child's birthday they might miss months of free provision) and most schools do it 3 hours per day so it's useless if the intention is to work.

I don't see why a person who earns more should pay any more tax (as a %) than a person who earns less. We all use the same things that the tax goes to fund. Those that earn more do not suddenly use up more resources etc... in fact are more likely to use less given that they're more likely to have private healthcare etc. It's typically those that earn less who use more resources and require more support - In the way of benefits etc. It really bugs me.

Yes,there are some who earn more who are selfish, money grabbing & will step on whoever they need to just to fill their greed for "more more more" however they are few and far between. Most work and have worked EXTREMELY hard to get where they are and earn more. Why should they be penalised for pushing themselves further?

I completely agree with recent changes in that HR tax payers shouldn't recieve CB etc. All benefits should be means tested and only go where they are truly needed. Tax increases? No!

Income tax increases are just the tip of the iceberg too. Those with more money are more likely to save and invest. With the exception of ISAs and Pensions (which has tax relief to prevent double taxaton) most investments have taxes applied. There's IHT and tax charges on those with pre-existing monies in certain investments over a set limit. It goes on and on.

I don't blame or "hate on" those that pay less tax or those that use more of the "tax-payer's money". It's the government and previous governments. It does really bug me though. I REALLY hope that the current government bring back married person's tax allowances to help take the heat off those that earn more and are hit hard for one partner deciding to be a SAHM or SAHD.

xx

Totally agree 100% on what your saying. Yeah i think those who earn more shouldnt claim any benefits. Benefits should only be avalible to those why are struggling. I dont claim anything.

I actually didnt claim my sons £250 investment thing, i just figured we didnt need it and I could invest that sort of money for him. but they opened an account for him. I guess its his money so wrong of me not to of. but i fugure the less we take out the better.
We didnt claim his £250 either, I heard since that they do it automaticly if you dont but they havnt written to me to say they have.

We also never claimed health in pregnany grant or they other one (theres been a couple of things we didnt claime) because as far as im concerned hes our son and we made a decision to bring him intothis world so why should others pay for what we created, that is our duty to deal with.

We also never claimed child benafit for the first month or so till we got a letter moaning about it and it turned out we didnt have much choice in that one so it goes straight into a account for him and isnt touched as we dont need it (and wouldnt have it if I had my way) so with that mounting up with what we and his grandparents put into an account for him means by the time he turns 18 he will have around about £25k to start him out in life which isnt a pretty bad start to pay towards a flat, education or whatever.

The reason I didnt claim the £250 education grant was because he wouldnt have got that till he was about 18 anyway and by the time he was 18 if I couldnt save up they 20 odd pence each week that would have made up that £250 then there are some seriouse problems and education would be the least of worries

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->