Does anyone else hate texting?

feedindy

Reaction score
I hate texting. I think it's pointless. I'd rather get an email or a voicemail.

I would hate to pay extra for this service when I could get an email or voicemail.

I just hate it. Plus it is limited in how long it can be, so why not just send an email wih everything you've got to say in it. I'm just sayin.

I do....I rarely ever respond to texts, ill just fone them back...at some point :lol:

Unless its urgent.

I text all the time.. I hate calling people...

Sometimes I prefer to txt than call, esp if it's MIL as she can rant!!!!.....

It's better now I have one of those phones with a querty keyboard. I hated it when I had the old keypad style phone!

I think now we have internet on phones it does make sense to email, or message on facebook rather than text as it's free!

I usually prefer to call tbh, my friends used to get annoyed with me not answering texts but now they dont bother to text unless its important or relevant, otherwise they save small talk for calls or when I see them.

Though a text is good if I cant be arsed to speak to that person :haha:

xx

texts are faster to check than a voicemail or email so they usually get read right away. I do think they need to be used appropriately. I hate long texts or ones that require a lot of back and forth.
My SIL sends me texts that get broken up into at least 3 texts... why not send an email?

I use texts every morning to tell my carpool buddy that I'm leaving the house. That way she doesn't stand on the corner freezing her butt off if I'm running a minute or two late. I text my husband and tell him to call me if I need to reach him but he didn't answer his phone. (nothing I hate more than a voicemail saying nothing more than 'call me')

Ohh i hate calling people, i always text, even just now my Mum told me to ring my Dad to ask him something so i text him :haha:

im the complete opposite, i hate calling people and hate people calling me!
i hate using the phone it makes me nervous so if i could text everyone like drs etc it would be perfect!

I have Meniere's disease and so my hearing fluctuates and there are days I can barely hear anything and days that every sound is echoed or muffled. Even on my good hearing days I have a terrible time being able to hear on the phone. Texting is just so much better for me and to me it is the greatest invention ever!

im the complete opposite, i hate calling people and hate people calling me!
i hate using the phone it makes me nervous so if i could text everyone like drs etc it would be perfect!

Same here!!! The phone makes me so nervous well..okie even talking to people in general makes my anxiety rise.

I like texting but i'm not keen when i recieve texts where they say l8er, u, etc etc...

lol, I know a lot of people have phone phobias... my niece is like that but its really annoying because you have to deal with everything over texts with her and it really really sucks trying to communicate that way and worry about coming across wrong etc.

I hate talking on the phone. I much prefer texting or facebooking/emailing. I'd use mainly fb or email if all my friends did as well but most prefer text. I usually check if they are online if they text me though and if they are on fb I'll message them back there instead so I don't use up my texts too fast!

I hate texting to, if I get one then I will just phone back. Most of it is just because I cant be bothered to sit and right out a text when I could say whatever needed saying within seconds.

Saying that though if it is people I don't know, i.e Doctors, schools, Dentists etc then I would prefer to be able to tx, just because I hate talking to people on the phone that I don't know, like someone above it makes me nervous. People I know I'm fine with. :)

I hate texts when it's done because the person is chickening out of talking about a serious subject. Texts are for everyday / lighthearted stuff. Not to dump someone or something.

I prefer to text than call.. And i rarely check my emails lol

on a tangent...i prefer b&B on my phone....to lazy to do capitals and my i phone spells things for me!!

I HATE phone calls and prefer texting. I don't check voicemails either or leave them. The only people I speak to on the phone is my hubby, my Daddy, my sister and my Nan.

I have a phone that lets you send up to 20 texts in one text so they don't get broken up and the plan I am on allows unlimited texting so there really isn't an issue for me. PLus, as others have said, easier to ignore. Lol.

I'm another one who hates talking on the phone, I still get my mum to make me drs appointments just so I don't have to talk on the phone :blush: So I find texts a lot easier.

mummy22ttc#3 we would never be able to talk because if I text someone and they call me back depending on who it is I'll ignore them until they text me :haha:

I am constantly texting. I'm abit addicted actually. I've got unlimited texts so I'd rather text than ring and use my minutes lol x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->