Does anyone else have mornings like this?

bubblychick

Mum of G & M
Reaction score
I feel like a terrible mother this morning.
Me and OH are attending a friends wedding this afternoon and I still have a million things to do, and only a couple of hours to do it (I did get everything I could get ready last night) but I still have moisturiser, hair and make-up etc to do.

OH was out late last night so he's still in bed. The kids wanted breakfast so I gave in and let them have Wotsits so I could get the dishes done.

I am going to give them cornflakes when OH wakes up at ten but I just feel like such a crappy parent this morning.

Does anyone else have days where you just want togive into everything your kids ask for to make it easier?

Yes I have those mornings all the time; and it makes me a normal mother.

You are a great mother, and don't feel guilty for finding yourself having to do something because you were under pressure. Would be different if that was there meal for breakfast, lunch and dinner OR their only meal the day.

I hope the wedding goes lovely and remember you're an awesome mother, you love your children and your doing the best you can.

Ive had mornings where all isaac will eat is crackers for breakfast :dohh: you just do what you can these mornings.

Yep! I gave her bananas and ice cream the other day as we had to get out of the door on time and I needed to feed the baby! She usually has toast or cereal but it meant she wasn't hungry and bananas are healthy :winkwink:

Yep today is one! I didn't sleep well last night and hubby went out so he's still in bed. They're happy so I guess that's what matters!

:haha: Pheebs is only 17 months so haven't quite got to that stage but I'm sure there will be days like that! Pheebs watched FAR too much TV yesterday and I felt terrible after :( :dohh:

We all do things sometimes just to get us through. I live by 'choosing your battles'! x

Hope you had a fab time xxx

We can't be perfect all the time!! Some days I let LO watch TV all morning just so I can sit down, have a coffee, read a magazine and go to the toilet in peace! Sometimes we need to do these things to keep our sanity.

Hey, at least you feed them.

On a more seriouse note, I don't think you should feel guilty for taking the easier way out once in a while. It's not going to hurt them to have a bit of junk food for breakfast one day while you're busy with other stuff.

My first thought wasn't that you're giving them junk food for breakfast (been there!) it was that you're very brave letting them have a bright orange powdery snack when you're trying to get ready to go out! I can picture my LO putting orange cheesy hands on my outfit or something.

How was your day?

I wasn't wearing my dress at the time thankfully (they would never have been allowed if I had)
And it was a brilliant day, shame about the weather (it rained all day) but it was lovely.
I don't feel so bad now :) I agree we do what we have to sometimes.

It's one time, give yourself a break! They will have thought it was amazing!

And yes, I have some mornings when I just stick a film on for him and nap on the sofa because I'm so exhausted :dohh:

Oh we definitely do! On Thursday, Sophie had refused all normal breakfast things before preschool - she had 2 spoons of cereal and 3 strawberries - and she ended up with a bowl of jelly, just to get something into her tummy before going out as we were running out of time before we had to leave! I'd made it a couple of days before as she'd had an ear infection and was having trouble chewing without pain and I knew she'd eat it!

I have some days when she has to watch more TV than I'd like if I have a lot of jobs to do, like recently when we had a landlord visit sprung on us for 6pm that evening!

You're not a bad parent in the slightest, the very fact that you are worrying/thinking about it shows that! x

There are days when the baby is crying uncontrollably (teething) and I just have to let Zane go off and play the Xbox to get him out of my hair :nope:

Or when he asks for a specific meal that takes hours of preparation, knife work and raw meat on the chopping board and then he wants to 'Help'.... No Zane... just No... :dohh:

In life, there are things to get worked up about and giving a child Wotzits is not one of them! I think they probably have equal nutritional value to Cornflakes anyway!

My kids had ice cream for breakfast.... Don't even ask... Lol

Never before have I done this, so don't worry!

Things happen. They live. Lol

If that's the worst thing you've done so far, then you're doing pretty damn well I reckon!!

A while ago we had to get the car loaded and house sorted as we were going away for 6 weeks, so I sat Jack in his high chair with some snacks and put cbeebies on he must have sat there for at least two hours while we did everything that needed doing:blush::dohh: But it was that or he get under our feet, annoyed that we weren't paying him attention, and us get stressed and probably annoyed with him and take 3 times as long to do stuff! So sometimes you've just got to do what you've got to do to keep everyone sane and happy!!

Every once in a while isn't a problem. Makes it exciting for them too. I have days like that. DD is a nightmare to feed at the best of times therefore if we are in a rush sometimes it is just easier to give them something that's not the best for them. As long as it's not every day then I wouldn't worry about it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->