Does anyone else miss being pregnant?

emmancee

Reaction score
My little girl is now 12 days old and since she was born I have just felt really sad that I'm not pregnant anymore. I find this really strange as I was so uncomfortable the last 3 weeks of being pregnant and was willing her to come early but now I just miss being pregnant and also keep wishing I could have the birth experience all over again! I just keep looking at my bump pictures and pictures of me in labour and the moments after I gave birth and wanting to go back to that even though I love my baby so much and love her being here.

Does anyone else feel like this or felt this before? Does it just pass with time? If not I feel like I'm going to want another baby really soon as I loved being pregnant,being in labour (in a funny sort of way) and having a newborn!

I only miss feeling her kick. I was way too inpatient for pregnancy and my labour was horrific to the point of us both nearly dying and not being able to hold her for 3 days so I can't relate there. My daughter was a month yesterday and I can honestly say as lovely as it was having a proper new born I enjoy her more now that she's cooing at everything and watching her personality develop.

yep i feel like this. im desperate for another baby now but im not keen on having one when current lo is under 2. guess iv got a wee while to wait. x

I was talking about "when we have our next one" a few days after having Adrian but I haven't really missed being pregnant... until i saw an old friend who i haven't seen for ages and she's 8 months pregnant. I touched her belly and it made me really 'ahhhhhh'.
Cant imagine being pregnant and dealing with Adrian now though, would be just far too hard... A year from now i hope to be pregnant or getting there :)

yeah i miss it, and even though i had a compliceted delivery i still got that wow moment when he was born and i never want to forget that feeling! i find myself looking at photos of when i was in hospital and the early days even though it was very hard xx

i miss it soooo much...the thing i miss the most is the labour and birth experience! makes me want to get pregnant again! but alas I shall wait :(

Yep know what you mean, I feel sad that most likely I'll never be pregnant again, after having a boy last year and a girl this year that's us done! I was lucky to more or less sail through my pregnancies and had natural births, my labour with Maeve was four hours start to finish and being a water birth whilst still tough was a very positive experience.

My mini man is 14 days tomorrow and I was saying to OH today that I miss being pregnant. Due to him being 5 weeks early. I wanted (weird I know) to experience the last week or so of being 'uhhh'.

I was in the bath today too and I missed the bump being in the way and the Peanut kicking me. Can't wait to get him home though and give him cuddles!

I really miss it, but I think that's because I associate it with lazing around getting everything done for me and just being a fat lump :lol:

If/when I fall pregnant again I won't be able to sleep all day with a LO so I don't think it will be 'quite' as enjoyable. I keep telling myself that anyway!

Popping in from third tri...I already miss not being pregnant, and I'm just under three weeks from my E.D.D. I can't wait to meet my baby, but know that I will miss having him with me every where I go. I knew this from the start and have tried my best to enjoy every aspect of being pregnant.

I've heard that this feeling goes away quite soon. :hugs:

i feel exactly the same, though i have to say that as time goes on the feeling gets easier to deal with. lol. at first it got me really down and i missed it hugely, as much as i loved having Oscar around. And when i was pregnant i did nothing but moan :) Still cant wait for number 2, were going to discuss it next year and decide when wed like to try, but it wont be for a couple of years - i want to enjoy Oscar for now! x

Yep I loved being pregnant! I love my little man so much and am looking forward to enjoying another pregnancy in the future. it won't be anytime soon though. I'm still trying to figure this whole parenting thing out... its getting easier as the days go by but definitely a huge adjustment. I love holding and snuggling with my boy... he's so sweet and babies smell so good! Lol

Nope, not one bit. I hated it, and I had a fairly easy pregnancy. I only gained 12 lbs, never really showed much until the end.
I think I hated it because I couldn't do a lot of things I wanted to. I work a very physical job, and I lift up to 100 lbs daily, and I couldn't do it, though I did lift a 65 lb dog the weekend before I had LO.
I hated constantly having to go to the bathroom, and the not being able to sleep well, and the paranoia that I was going to do something wrong. I'm a tummy sleeper and I would wake up on my tummy all the way to the end. I was always so worried. I got kicked in the belly by a dog more than once...ugh. Much easier now she's here. Although the paranoia and worry never really goes away, does it? :)

I really miss the kicks! I didn't really enjoy pregnancy at the time (thanks to SPD), but now I miss it so much. I would happily get pregnant again in the next few months, but OH doesn't want another anytime soon. I love being a mummy though and its nice being able to cuddle LO

i miss it even now 7 months down the line. I miss him kicking and moving inside. I used to spend ages watching my belly move. I found it so relaxing and amazing .

yeah i feel this too, i remember feeling sad after i had my first but this time is harder, my second dd is only 1 day old and i hate putting my hand on my tummy and not feeling my bump. i loved pregnancy both times even though this time i was sick all through, i loved going for the scans and various check ups and having all the fuss made. i loved the way my belly grew and the movements i felt everyday. now i feel a bit empty :(

I loved being pregnant, and giving birth.. and love being a mum even more!
More than made up for the frutrating years of trying, funny how they seem like nothing now!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->