Does anyone else not do washing...

Harveysmum369

Mrs Christmas
Reaction score
On new years day?I was told by my nan if you do any clothes washing on new years day,you wash someone out of the family :shrug: xxx

Never heard that one before...........although its probably just an old wives tale .......i may not put any washing on tomo just incase! :wacko:

Haha thats funny. Never heard it before and it sounds like total rubbish but from now on. that will be my excuse!

Haha I'd never heard that one before :) Good thing I've gotten most of mine done today so I start the new year with a clean house rather than mountains of housework :haha: Start as ya mean to go on and all that lark lol :)

Oh god and my basket is full! Hey ho, jama day for us!

Yep i have heard of that one :) I never do washing new years just in case :blush: x

Depending on who actually got "washed out" (and what that actually means? :shrug:) it may not be such a bad thing. Do you think it applies to in-laws as well?

:laundry: :hangwashing:

I have always done it on NYD lol just another day to me.

No way can I miss a day.

If it doesnt mean someone dies, but that you dont have to deal with them because you dont see them. I will deffo put washing on, 'wash away' my MIL!

I've never heard of that one either.

Ah crap best get as much on as possible now then :rofl:

Never heard of it before. Again though I can't really afford to miss a day because we dont have a tumble dryer, so it is the the drying that is an issue for us. Saying that though I'm a little worried to do it now, if something happened to someone then I would blame myself for doing washing. :wacko:

Never heard of that one before...... Good old Google found this though and some of the things on here are just bizzare!!

https://www.happywink.org/newyearfestival/new-year-superstitions.html

Oh shoot! I put a load on first thing this morning too :dohh: Oh well!

The only two days of the year my washer gets a rest is Christmas day and New Year day, nothing to do with old wives tales, I just dont do washing, but now I have an excuse for New Years day !!!! lol

Lol, sounds like a good excuse for anyone looking for one!

I don't do superstitions xx

Never heard of that before. My basket is overflowing so I can't really miss a day :lol:

Ive heard that one before from my mum i think it was, however my machine is currently on & seeing as we had 2 passings in december i cant see that my washing will make any difference x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->