Does anyone else NOT like being pregnant?

did you all notice that yesterday was the 119th anniversary of the first documented ice cream sundae? It was made in the town I live in now, Ithaca NY :)

It's JUST occurred to me that I'm back in a state where Dairy Queens exist...I might have to beg my ex to take me for something with nuts and chocolate when he takes me to the scan this weekend; I still don't feel up to driving to the grocery store today...

When did food get so awesome?

grr i'm so jealous. Stupid gestational diabetes. I had TOAST this morning that sent my blood sugar through the roof. Man i'd kill for a chocolate and biscuit calorie crammed sundae mmm

LOL you guys and your ice cream... I'm just as guilty, I have chocolate ice cream for breakfast every day! Well, it's a chocolate milkshake from a fast food place called Jack's, but they make it with Blue Bell ice cream... so... whatever! hehe... hey... it has 19g of protein. So it's good for baby :haha:

I keep telling myself that ice cream is rich in calcium and therefore ok.

I missed seeing this thread but someone mentioned this post in a different thread I had read and I just really wanted to comment because I can relate to this so much! Before I commented though, I took the time to read through all of the other posts...

But I really just want to respond to what the OP said and agree that I fall under the category of "do not like being pregnant!!!" I've been pretty much obsessed with getting pregnant for years now (I was counting down the days till we would finally start TTC!) I read books, and birth stories, and forums, to get an idea of what it would finally be like to grow a miracle inside of me and the magic of feeling my baby kick...

... and I don't like any of it! At first I was so disappointed in myself because really, I KNOW that I'm lucky and I wouldn't trade being pregnant for anything else... but I hate the symptoms (the constant nausea/vomiting, the heartburn, the searing pain in my ribs/back/hip...) Even feeling the baby kick just kind of freaks me out a bit. I hated first trimester, tolerated the second, and am looking forward to the end of the third and finally being able to hold my little miracle (because that's the ONLY reason I'm doing this!). I used to want a large family but DH and I have agreed on just two, because if the next pregnancy is anything like this first time then I think that will be more than enough for me.

And thanks to all the other ladies who posted that are having trouble enjoying their pregnancies as a result of all the symptoms! As someone else mentioned, there are LOTS of threads about women who love being pregnant and I didn't want to post my negative feelings there, but it's nice to have someplace where I can be honest about how I'm feeling and know that there are others who understand (even if they may feel differently) :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->