Does anyone else NOT like being pregnant?

YorkieMom

Reaction score
I'm really rather done with being pregnant at the moment. I'm just not feeling the magic of it all that so many women say they feel when they're pregnant. Ive got hideous stretch marks all over me, my boobs have gotten so big they're already saggy and touch my tummy when I sit down, I cant poo, Ive already gained a ton of weight and to be honest I don't get all giddy and excited when I feel baby move. I'm over it. I hate looking at myself in the mirrors and genuinely feel so uncomfortable in my own skin I'd rather not leave the house a lot of the time. And - I'm only 19 weeks along! What on earth am I going to do about the other 21 weeks?

It's times like these I really wish the stork theory was true and just dropped te baby into my arms.:nope:

I hear you. While I appreciate how lucky we are to be expecting another LO, I really don't enjoy being pregnant. I'm shattered all the time, feel like I have no time to myself as I go to bed at the same time as Harvey most nights, I'm irritable, I get constipated, I have to wear clothes that aren't quite me and I generally feel yucky.

It is definitely worth every second when you meet your LO though :)

I really don't enjoy pregnancy either, I think thats why I left 10 years between my daughter and this one. Its the sickness I can't deal with and feeling tired and achy. I obviously love the outcome at the end but the pregnancy bit, I'd rather skip.

I really felt the same about 19 weeks but i bought some fake tan some maternity clothes and tried to cheer myself up! dont worry too much it will go so fast soon i cant believe how fast its going now compared to 8 weeks ago. x x x

Aww hun I feel your sorrow, slightly different situation as I suffer from mental health illnesses which I feel have completly ruined what should be the happiest time of my life, I want so bad to get back on track before little Jack arrives but right now I am not seeing any light at the end of the tunnel. :(
Have you spoken to your gp or midwife about how you are feeling? You may be suffering with depression hun?

Jumpimg over from 3rd. I just had a baby 20 months ago and am now 29 weeks. I don't at all like being pregnant. This is # 4 for me and I havent enjoyed any pregnancy. In the end its worth it to have a sweet lil baby, but ughhhhh its 9 longggg months. This is my last and I really look forward to her being born, and knowing that I never have to do it again.

Yeah I hate it. It was a novelty first time round, but this time it's just an inconvenience, particularly because I have a toddler as well. I'd love to just skip the pregnancy and get to the birth! x

Right there with you. I am ready to own my body again. I had horrible all day and all night sickness from week 4 to week 16, I'm tired all the time, I'm now dealing with gestational diabetes, I am miserably itchy from a bad case of PUPPPs (pregnancy rash! who knew?)...I'm ready to go back to eating what I want and not having so many physcial limitations! I still do enjoy seeing my little girl during u/s and feeling her move around, but I'm ready to fast forward to August!

Me!!! This is my third (and last!) pregnancy. I told my OH that I love my children but ohhh I despise being pregnant. I am not one of those ladies who enjoys this and looks beautiful and glowing. I keep myself sane by telling myself that good things have to come with a little sacrifice sometimes and looking forward to the end!

Hate it hate it hate it!!!
I feel depressed already!

My hips is hurting so much sometimes that I cant even turn to the other side at night.
My belly is a size of a balloon every night, I feel like I am going to explode (its hurting and very uncomfortable)! I cant stop peeing! I am in the toilet every 30 min! I cant have sex cos it is hurting me. I suffer from constipation (don't know what to do about it)

I am so tired, and I expect it to get worth....

The only thing keeps me going is to feel him moving and the scans! He is already my whole world!

i hate it. actually hate it. and wont be doing it again or atleast for many years!

I hate it too!! i feel sick all the time and guilty when I dont eat everything I should, cant take anything for my migraines. I cant sleep, my libido had gone out the window and I feel guilty abut it.

My social life is dead, shure I can go to a bar, but drinking juice is not like drinking beer, drunk people's conversation are stupid and even if everybody says its ok for a pregnant woman to go out, I know my friends feel weird about it. (try picking up a guy when your friend is pregnant) Besides my going-out clothes dont fit anymore and maternity wear is far from club wear.

All people do is talk baby around me...I feel like an incubator.

Im happy about the baby, really, but I wish it was over or I could get it at ikea or sears....

Can't say I'm loving it. I feel like I should as I'm a midwife and spend my life telling women what a normal and healthy time it is, but it hasn't been for me!

I'm thrilled to be pregnant after 2 ectopics and an early miscarriage but I've not been able to work since 6 weeks as I've been in and out of hospital with hyperemesis which is still bothering me now at 16 weeks. I can't sleep because I toss and turn all night, and have to be so careful what I eat or drink for fear of it coming up again. My skin is dry, my hair is falling out and I'm as far from glowing as I could possibly be! I can't have sex either as the one time we did I ended up with a horrendous urine infection and I ended up in hospital from the pain.

I thought I would love every minute of being pregnant but if I could fast forward the next 5 months and get my baby in my arms I would. I won't be doing it again which upsets me as I wanted a big family, but it's just too risky.

Fingers crossed we all feel better soon! :hugs:

I have wanted this baby for 5+ years, and now that I'm pregnant ... I HATE IT! LOL I can't really tell anyone this, because they think I'm nuts ... I LOVE LOVE LOVE the fact that I'm pregnant, and that I'm going to have a baby ... but I have had a horrible pregnancy. It started out wonderful, thought I wasn't going to get any morning sickness ... until one day around 8 weeks it just hit me like a ton of bricks. I had morning sickness, all day sickness, night sickness ... it was horrible. This lasted until about 16 -17 weeks. Then it felt as if it went away for a week or so...until it returned with a vengeance. Now I'm still experiencing morning sickness, where I gag all morning trying to get ready for work ... can't brush my teeth without gagging, can't get in the shower without gagging, can't feed the dog without gagging .. it's horrible. Then I've had serious constipation throughout the pregnancy. That sucks too! And I drink TONS of water. The moodiness is horrible, and I'm constantly apologizing to people when I lash out at them ... I'm usually cranky by the end of the day ... my feet hurt, my back hurts. I get charlie horses in the middle of the night in my calves and feet... I'm starving every 2 hours ... and so far I've gained 16 pounds. OH, and zits. I swear, I've never had a zit in my whole life ... always perfect, clear skin... well, now I get zits everywhere! Mostly my neck and my face... but they are known to sprout other places as well.

Wow, I could go on and on ... LOL

OHHHHHHHH, and now when I sneeze or cough hard ... I PEE!

OH, and zits. I swear, I've never had a zit in my whole life ... always perfect, clear skin... well, now I get zits everywhere! Mostly my neck and my face... but they are known to sprout other places as well.

Wow, I could go on and on ... LOL

OHHHHHHHH, and now when I sneeze or cough hard ... I PEE!

OMG, yes - the zit thing! I forgot to mention that in my first moan-y post. I've always been complimented on how nice and clear my skin is, but ever since I've been pregnant my skin's gone to hell. I've always got big massive pimples, and now they're leaving red marks too that won't go away, even weeks after the pimple goes! I get them on my neck as well.

And I'll admit - there's been a few times where I sneezed that resulted in a little leakage down below. How embarrassing!

I will be glad when this is over, that is for sure. It's not that my pregnancy has been particularly difficult - I still have ms and my back is starting to hurt and my eyesight seems to have gone places and I get dizzy, and the zits, but I don't mind that I look huge and have a double chin, and I understand that it has to be uncomfortable, but I'll just be glad when it's over, that's all. 3.5 more months for me....

i was exactly the same to the point i felt i hated the baby (only 12 weeks pregnant at the time) but i spoke to a friend who apparently was the same and she told me to talk to the dr and the midwife. i also asked for some counselling.
just speaking about it made a difference and over the next few days i felt much better.

the counselling is great as it turns out i was suffering anxieties i didnt know i had so we are working through them all and i am much happier.

i hope you are doing ok and feel better soon xx

I am sorry to hear you feel this way :flower:

I am 25+4 weeks and i don't like my stretchmarks at all and the heartburn can be such a pain! But I love being pregnant. Getting impatient now though and I just want baby to arrive sooner!! xx

I know that the final outcome will be worth it, but I HATE the way my pregnant body looks. It's like as soon as 2 lines appear on the sick, the stretch marks darken up and everything turns soft and mushy. I feel like chewbacca with all this fricken body hair springing up all over the place. I have zits and I've NEVER had acne in my life. I can't take anything for my headaches since Tylenol is about as effective as a tic-tac. My sciatic nerve is acting up and I can't go to physical therapy until I'm at least 25 weeks (an insurance restriction). My libido packed up and left weeks ago. I don't get to spend any time with my husband because I fall asleep so early. I'm also wondering how the heck I'm gaining weight when I have to force myself to eat and I'm probably eating less than before I was pregnant. Food doesn't sound good. Food doesn't taste good. This is my 2nd pregnancy, and it's so much worse than my first. I never had a UTI before this pregnancy and I could certainly do without ever having one again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->