"Does anyone else not test early" Refugee Club

Yeah, I guess we'll get the appt then reschedule it to one of his late weeks, for a morning. And his work have the same thing, only 2 people on a shift can be off on any one day...

Can't tell work yet cos still waiting for new contract to be signed, also don't want to tell them before I tell people I actually like ;-)

Hello lovely ladies!! How is everyone feeling today?

JustMe, did you end up getting that pizza? Well I've ended up being pretty hungry too, but I can't eat a lot. Does that make sense? It's like I get full quickly but hungry often. :shrug:

We use the private health care over here in South Africa, so I guess that's why it's easy to get appointments etc. We do pay through the nose for it though! But it's worth it compared to the public system here, I feel so sorry for everyone here who can't afford the private care.

Only 4 wks 6 days but had a few mild cramps this morning. Of course completely panicked coz it felt like AF might be on the way. Been rushing to and from the bathroom all morning to check but still nothing. That's all DH keeps asking, still no AF? It's like that's the only thing letting him believe that we're actually pregnant! He's a bit paranoid I guess coz his sister lost her baby at 7 weeks last year, and we have another friend who has had 2 miscarriages in the last 9 or so months, the one after 12 weeks. And we have another friend who had a miscarriage and hasn't been able to fall pregnant again. So yes, I guess we're both a bit on edge. I'm just trying to be positive and do all the right things. Starting to get a little more excited now.

We told my parents last night, they were SO cute. We were at dinner at the airport coz they were leaving for a cruise (lucky them!) and i just gave my mom my phone with a pic of the test. She looked at it for about 5 min in disbelief and then started crying and hugging me while my dad was saying "wha'ts going on now?!" Then I showed him and he got all teary. They have been such a great support through everything so far!! My mom already said she's desperate to come to a scan with me when they are back. And she reckon's its a girl for some reason or other. I kept telling her its only a little ball of cells right now but she insists. :haha:

Also, and I don't know if I'm imagining symptoms now because I know I am (I imagined them when I wasn't so why not when I am?), but my lower abdomen/uterus area is a bit tender and bloated today. Not sure when to really expect symptoms or if I am imagining this stuff. Think I'm going to buy a book or two this weekend.

Ok, now I'm just blabbering. I'll stop. How is everyone else doing? How's the hunger JustMe? Panda, how are you? Have you posted a pic of you and your bump yet? Would love to see one!!

:hugs2:

I had cramps every day for the first week or two if it helps, remember things will be having to start stretching out.
I did get a huge pizza, lasted me the whole day and breakfast today. Am trying yoghurt and peanut butter sandwiches today instead, hope it works cos don't want more pizza ! :-/

Oh my greatness, I am TIRED!! :sleep: Feel like I'm going to pass out on my laptop any second.

Just had yummy Breyani for lunch that DH cooked the other night. I've also taken to boiling some eggs and taking them to work with me to nibble on because apparently that's really good for baby. I also bring a little yoghurt coz that's also good.

Bored and tired is not a good combination to avoid sleep!! :dohh:

I'm pretty sure my bras all fit properly, although all of mine are underwire padded ones. I hate buying new ones, although I'm pretty sure I'm going to have to soon, I've just about gone up a cup size already!

I don't think it's the bras hurting me coz it's almost worse when I get home and take it off. I think the support helps the hurting. I wake up at night when I role over. There's a thread somewhere called "You know you're pregnant when..." and one of the comments which totally resoated with me was "You know you're pregnant when you rol over in bed at night and need one arm to help you move, and one are to bring your boobs along." :rofl: I totally do that!

Yeah don't worry too much about the cramps. I was certain mine were the onset of AF but it never happened. The boobs didn't hurt for that long either. I'd still say they're sensitive but more annoyingly now, they leak! So I can't go anywhere without breast pads or else I have some very embarrassing stains to deal with. Eek.

How is everyone doing? I'm having a pretty sh*itty time at the moment. Nothing to do with bubs, she's the one bit of positivity in life. Just lots of family drama. My Grandad passed away last weekend. Whilst everyone should be sad it's started that entire side of the family arguing about money and it turns out my Auntie's been slowly siphoning off money from the estate all these years. Leaving what was once a massive inheritance (my Grandma and Grandad were very well off) as pretty much nothing. I feel awful for my Dad, who out of all the family is the "poor" relation. So not only has he lost his Dad, and any early retirement he might have had from such a tragedy but it turns out his family are a bunch of robbing b******s too. He had a heart attack a few years back and really doesn't need the strain of all of it. So that's weighing on my mind. Also my partner is being useless with helping around the house. I don't know how much of that is bothering me or if it's just that I'm stressed and he's the easy target. We're also broke, but hey that's not new. :/

What's super annoying is that the sun is shining and I really just wish the weather would join me in sulking and being miserable.

Awww, sorry Panda :hugs: That's really not cool! We had a similar thing a few years back, well not exactly the same. My uncle was a hectic alcoholic and my dad put him through rehab and gave him a job on one of the diamond mines. My uncle never really wanted to stop and so relapsed twice, and both times my dad stepped in and sent him to rehab and he always had a home and a job to come back to. The third time, they were cleaning out his house while he was in rehab, and my dad found little vials of diamonds that his brother had been stealing off of the mine :madgrowl: After that there was no job or home for my uncle and my dad didn't even go to his funeral a year or so later. Of course, he died of alcoholism.

I hope your family comes to their senses!! Your poor dad does NOT need this stress!

JustMe, I think I'm going to find one of those wireless ones to sleep in!! Would certainly help.

Holy crap I can't stop eating!!!! This does NOT bode well for my pregnancy weight-gain! After my appointment with Dr on the 8th I'm going to join this thing called PreggiBellies. It's this excesise group for pregnant ladies, twice a week. A bit pricey but I think it'll make me feel better about all the eating I'm doing...

Dude, that all sounds really harsh :( Vast sympathies, and I imagine you may be right that your frustration and upset about all of that is being siphoned into the easy target :\ Is there anything that can be done about your aunt basically stealing money? Either way, condolences.

On a slightly lighter note, leaking?! Eek! :o

Haha!! I know! Leaking!!!?? I am NOT looking forward to that!! Did you have the protection before it started happening Panda? Or did it suprise you while you were out shopping? :blush: Oh my word that would be devastatingly embarassing!

I'm going out just now to get some stuff for the office, and I'm going to buy myself some more pregnancy tests :D I'm dying to see if the line is getting any darker! I haven't tested since Tuesday, so it should be!!

It was when I was about 18 weeks I think. Thankfully it had the decency to happen at night time. :D I sleep on my front and I think the pressure just set them off. I woke up feeling all damp and had an awful moment where I thought I'd peed myself. :haha: I padded myself down and realised all the sticky damp was located around my chest. Now it happens randomly so I have to wear the pads out and about. I try to give myself a break from them on an evening but it's very annoying if I'm sat watching TV and realise I've been leaking everywhere. No one tells you these things before you get pregnant! :D

As for my family, well I think a lot of the money is long gone - on holidays, laptops and other stupid things from what we can gather. I think the overall sadness for me is that my grandma was adopted, all the money came from her adoptive parents. Towards the end of her life she spent a lot of time trying to find her real family with no avail. For all she was a little tight with money (hence why she had so much) I think she'd be really sad to realise that her kids swapped the one thing she never had (family) for a pot of gold. No one will speak again after this, I'm sure. I've never taken much interest in the wealth at that side of the family but I have to say, now I'm in a position that my kids would have one day had that money coming to them I'm a little angry. Knowing my cousins will get it for their kids etc... I'm also angry for my father, because the ones stealing the money all had plenty of it themselves to begin with.

I think it's awful that a funeral is a few days away and frankly I have no idea if people are going to be able to stand in the same room to pay their respects without saying what they think. My partner has never met any of them so I think he's in for a bit of a shock on Tuesday to say the least.

Alcoholism is very difficult Plastik. My uncle on my mother's side was an alcoholic. He was a nice guy but he just didn't want to stop. In the end it came between him and his kids and ultimately it was responsible for his death in his 50s. It seems to me that you can offer all the help in the world but you can't expect them to change, they need to want to do it themselves. The problem with situations like that is it just hurts so many people. I remember my mum was devastated.

Gosh. Have just booked myself onto 3 courses for work (all paid for by work so yay!). Working it out, I will be (assuming things continue ok etc):
20 wks for the first course
21 wks for the second course
28 wks for the third course
!!!!!!!
Panda, as my guru for these things, with how you are feeling now, do you think you could handle yomping into London for a full day training course? Am still going to book in for it but am a bit nervous for how much hard work it might be?

Geeze JustMe!! Ambitious little tyke aren't you!! :haha: I'm sure if it's only a one day course each time you will be able to cope. Just make sure you rest up well before the course!!

Well, I bought some hpt and of course couldn't resist. It's way more fun now that I know I'm going to see two lines! I've been drinking tea and water non-stop today, but the line was definately darker than it was on Tuesday morning! I've got another two so I'm going to use FMU tomorrow morning and hopefully then it'll be SUPER dark :haha: I know I know, I'm pathetic! :blush:

hello Ladies i'm moving over today as i got my BFP :) Plssss can i join you over here? Im so nervous that the bean wont stick and i do have some little cramps grrrr just been for blood test but there was no doubting my FRER!! :)

Plastik we must only be about a week apart??

It's tricky to say for sure but I would assume the best if you have no reason to think otherwise.

My pregnancy has been fairly smooth so far, the biggest problem I have is with my back. I can't stay too long in one position but moving too much causes pain as well. It took many weeks for me to find a happy medium. For example I no longer walk the dog each day but I can do some housework with frequent breaks and no lifting. However I've just been unlucky there, many people have no such pain.

You could end up being someone who is very sickly and can't hold down food for example. But even if that is true of first tri, it could clear up completely in 2nd tri. So it's really hard to predict for sure

What does the course entail? My advice would be just carry on as normal and if you need to slow down your body will tell you to. Listen to what is says, if you're hungry eat, if you're sickly then don't. If you feel tired just go have a lay down. It's what I'm doing and for the most part it seems to be working out ok.

Also I think it was plastik that said she was extremely hungry. It reminded me of my early weeks. I have a clear memory of being home and having had lunch and going to bed for an hour because I was tired. My tummy rumbled the whole time I was in bed. I even got up and found some grapes to snack on but it didn't stop the rumbling. It was so strange but I guess my body just needed more fuel. :)

Congrats nimbec. When do your bloods come back? Also don't worry about those AF cramps, if you read back about a page in here you'll see we all had them too. :) How exciting!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->