"Does anyone else not test early" Refugee Club

Hi ladies, I haven't been back on here in ages because the thread was pretty much dead, so it's lovely to hear from you all. Happy birthday to the now 1 year olds. Grace just turned 1 last week. I can't believe how big she's getting. She's crawling, although we weren't sure she would as she started pulling to standing and was cruising at 9 months but didn't crawl until 10 and a half. She says quite a few words now. My favorite was the other day she was holding out a ball for my MILs dog saying 'dog! ta!' trying to get her to take it. The dog has far more sense than that though.

I've been back at work since april sadly when grace was 8 months. It hasn't been too bad. I do hate leaving her but the thought of it was far worse than actually doing it if you see what I mean.

Lovely to hear of plans for TTC, although I will admit to being a little jealous. We'll be at least 2016 and it's more that that's the earliest it could happen than a real plan. We'll get there though. I WTT 4 years for Grace and it didn't kill me!

It's nice to hear of people with tiny ones who don't sleep either, i thought it must just be me! Though i am from an earlier stage of this thread so probably none of you know who i am? :-\

Morebabies, it is so funny that you are going through that right now, Isla is exactly the same. We were away at the cottage for the past two weeks and now Isla's schedule is super messed up, she won't go down until 10:30 and before she was going to sleep at 8:00. Frustrating but what can you do?

Lotus, good luck with NTNP, I hope you get your BFP soon.

Annio, good to hear from you! You're totally right, going back was much better than I anticipated. On Day 2 now and it is already easier...

Justme, I remember you! Hope you're doing well!

Annio it's great to hear from you and that all is going well. Unfortunately time goes by way too fast and you will be back to TTC before you know it!

Justme it's also great to hear from you. How are you doing now with motherhood? I know you were having a tough go at it in the beginning. Of course I remember you as well! We were on the TTC thread together for quite a while and also on this one for a while as my boy is only a few months younger then your little girl.

Right there doesn't seem to be much to do about it Mrs. Eddie. Right now he sleep until about 8 but in a few weeks I will have to start waking him up earlier due to the girls going back to school so it may end up sorting itself out then. It's more time DH gets to spend with him though since he works until about 6:30 every day. Also glad to hear going back to work has been good for you. My DD1 went to daycare from 2 months on and once she was around 1.5-2 years old she absolutely loved it. She's very much a people person and was genuinely upset once she had to stop going.

We are having Landon's 1st birthday party this weekend. Nothing crazy, just a cookout at our house and I got him a personalized shirt to wear. Luckily the weather is looking good so it should be a great day and am really looking forward to it.

It's getting a lot better now that tiny is becoming interactive and fun.and tends to sleep a bit longer than two hour bursts and doesn't have reflux. Hurrah! She's adorable, so hopefully getting there. Finally! Next aim, find babysitters so we can have a night out!

more, obviously i remember you :)

Morebabies, glad to hear that your DD did so well at day care, makes me feel better. Isla is a very happy, social and easy going kid. She loves being around other kids and really couldn't care less about DH or I if there are other kids to entertain her. I actually think she will do well in day care too, it's just tough to think about sending her. And wow, it must have been tough to send your DD when she was so young but I guess it would make the transition easier. Also, Isla went to sleep at 9:00 last night, hopefully Landon had a good night too. I also hope his party goes well and you have great weather for it.

Justme, it is tough sometimes when they are little and you are tired and getting no sleep. Did your daughter have colic? My neighbour's daughter did and they had a really tough time until she was about 6 months. Glad things are going better now!

She had silent reflux, it was just a complete nightmare as she Never stopped screaming :-\ couldn't enjoy having a baby at all.
lovely now :)

Justme you definitely need some nights out here and there with your DH or friends but I, glad to hear things are getting better for you!

Mrs. Eddie that's great that Isla went to sleep earlier last night. It was the opposite here. :dohh: Landon wouldn't go to sleep until almost 11:00 but then slept until 9:30. I'm definitely going to have to work on altering this some how because he will be miserable once school starts for the girls in a few weeks and I'm waking him up at 7. He also definitely has some teeth coming and woke up with a little rash on his cheek like he use to get every time a tooth came in, so that May have had something to do with it last night.

Luckily when we started daycare we had a found a home daycare that was right down the street and was a family member of people we had known forever. After a year she had to start going to a regular one and it was a hard transition at first and I think we both cried the first couple days although I held it back till I got to the car. I just hated to drop her off and her not want to be there. It quickly changed though and like I said she hated when she had to stop going because she loved it so much. She actually now at 12 still talks fondly of it when we drive by it sometimes.

Landon was asleep by 9:30 tonight. We honestly probably could have made it 9:00 but we were so busy that I thought it was earlier then it was and wasn't paying attention to the time. I also gave him some Tylenol earlier because he was just crying while chewing on things. Teeth are so much fun! :dohh: Interestingly enough, though, teething was never an issue for either of my girls and they were never bothered by it at all.

Morebabies, that's awesome that you were able to find a home day care with people you knew. Isla is gong to a centre, we really like it but OMG is it ever expensive! I'm glad that Landon is sleeping a bit better. Isla went down at 9:00 last night, which was good. We've stopped trying to put her on the day care schedule for now as she seems to be doing better with two naps. My DH went to visit yesterday and they told him if she still needs two naps it's no big deal. They will follow her schedule until she is ready to move to one.

Justme, no wonder the poor little thing was so fussy, reflux is not fun. One of my friends babies had it as well and he was very cranky too, she jokes that had he not been one of twins, they probably wouldn't have had any other kids. :haha:

Oh and teething always sucks for us too, am jealous of people with babies who don't seem phased by it :haha:

Landon is still on two naps a day too. We tried cutting back but he's just not ready for it, although when school starts his second nap will have to be adjusted because currently it's when I would be getting DD2 from school.

Landon had silent reflux as well but not as bad as your little girl justme. Landon was pretty good as long as he wasn't laying down on his back which is why we ended up sleeping him on his stomach at 7 weeks. That and one night his reflux was horrible and he started choking on it while laying on his back. We just had to make sure diaper changes were quick and we always waited about 30 minutes after eating before putting him to sleep. There was also constant spitting up even though it usually wasn't much but it was definitely a pain. My girls never had it though.

I can understand the not having any more comment ;-)

hurrah to everyone dealing with sleep and teething issues, you are all heroes :)

Oh no Baby, don't feel bad, accidents happen. I hope poor Rufus is OK.

When we were at the cottage, Isla fell out of a bed too. I felt awful but thankfully we were in a carpeted room and she was totally fine. :hugs:

Is ge ok? If so, don't feel terrible, babies do these things!

(more practically, big hugs, but really, these things do happen)

Thanks guys he's fine, got him checked over to be sure but he's his normal self if a little confused as to why his mum has been crying so much today!!

Aww so sorry to hear that baby1! :hugs: Glad to hear he is ok. These things do happen more often then you would think. Although Landon has never fallen off anything he has sure banged his head quite a few times tipping over. Don't beat yourself up over it!!

Yeah, I often think we take their accidents worse than they do!

I've been pretty lucky with Isla but other than the aforementioned bed incident she did fall down one stair. We didn't realize that she could climb up them yet and she toddled over while I was distracted managed to climb up one stair and fell just as I ran to catch her. I felt so awful, and I too was a crying mess but she was fine, no mark or anything. Needless to say we've been practicing going up and down stairs while she is supervised and there is now a gate at the bottom of the stairs :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->