Does anyone else's LOs do this?

ColtonsMom

Reaction score
Colton seems to pig out at night time.
For the last few days he has ate 5-6oz around 9, but will still stay up until 11-11:30, but then he sleeps longer.. he will sleep until 4-4:30.
Then last night he ate 5 oz at 8:30, then at 10-10:30 he ate ANOTHER 5oz, again stayed up until about 11:30, woke at 4:30am-took 4oz, then slept until 9:30.
He is still eating only 3oz, every 3 hours during the day though.
Is this normal at his age?
Would he still be getting all the milk he needs since he goes so long, or should I try and get him to eat at night?
He isn't like that during the day.. he will even wake up every 3 hours for a bottle during the day..

tyler used to do the same its fine if he doesnt go over 6 hours if he did then you would need to wake him enjoy that u can get some sleep.

I'm not complaining about the sleep :cloud9: thats for sure.. it's all great!! hehe.
I just didn't think he would start sleeping through this soon. It's only been for the last 4-5 days though, so I dont want to get my hopes up for every night.
I didn't think he would sleep through until I started giving him baby cereal to fill him up more. I planned on it right after he turned two months old, but I didn't want to start until then. But then I was curious because of him eating so much at night, I though maybe I should start him sooner. But I think I am going to hold off, it's only a few more weeks until he is two months old anyways.

You shouldn't really be give him solids until he's at least 4 months old. He's maybe going through a growth spurt.

I was only going to give him a tablespoon of baby cereal to a full bottle of formula once at night before bed. I'm going to wait until I'm comfortable feeding him, but I wont wait that long. I was eating cereal at only a few weeks old; and my cousins were eating purees (only 1-2 baby spoons) at 2 months! And my youngest cousin is only 10 months old now. They are all happy and healthy babies.
I dont want you to think I was getting smart there. I just read through it, and it kinda sounds that way.. but not ment that way. I wont give him purees or anything until he is 3-4 months at all; but I will probably give him a small amount of really really really watered down (with formula of course) rice cereal before bed alittle after his 2 months.

i dont think he will be missing out he seems like he is pigging him self out at night cause he sleeps longer so you see he is already making up for it. this is how my health visitor told me to work out the feeds lilly weighed 10lb 20z and should of been taking 26oz in 24hour and she was taking 25 and that is fine so if he takes 5-6ox on 2 of his night feeds that 10-11oz plus 3oz in the night 3oz in the morning thats 16oz ish there plus he does every 3 hours so another feed at 12 thats 19 oz then at 3 thats 21 oz then at 6 thats 24 he sounds like hes doing ok to me hun. maybe you should changed hs milk to hungry baby and try getting him in a routine four hourly feeds he will prob take more then. hungry baby is for hungry babys obviously and also babys that want more food but they cant hold that much fluid at once. good luck hun.and as for weaning do that when you think he is ready lilly is the same age and i let her taste water it is refreshing
and she enjoys it things like puree wont harm. my health visitor is really good she says you will get lots of advice from different people about when to star but its your choice and only you no if they are ready.

eating more late is normal. Oscar does it. It's LO getting ready to sleep through for you. Though I have to say I'm still waiting for Oscar to do it for me. He's getting better though. He would have a massive bottle at 7-8pm (btwn 7 and 9 oz) then sleep untill 1-2 then up again at 5 then awake to play at 7am.

But last night I changed his routine. I woke him at 10:30 for a feed (he took it alseep :lol:) he then slept untill 4am then went back down until7am where I got him up to get changed and have breaky....

I feel a lot better for that extra 2 hrs btwn 2 & 4 that I got to sleep 'cos I don't go to bed at 7 :lol:

Anna is the same... I don't know how much she eats at night because I breastfeed her but I do know I'm not getting any sleep!

kelly.. I dont think we have hungry baby formula here. He is on Good Start Natural Cultures, and it was supposed to help with his constipation. He was 9lbs 14oz when he was born and the pediatrician said he should have been taking 26-32oz a day. He is just getting to where he takes about 26 now. I'm not too worried about that though.. I feed more on demand, and he eats every time he is hungry. Like yesterday he ate:
5oz at 5:30am
3oz at 9am
4oz at 1pm
3oz at 3pm
3oz at 4pm
3oz at 6:30pm
3oz at 8pm
2oz at 9pm
26oz TOTAL
then he slept until 5am this morning and had another 5oz.
He eats alot after noon up until around 9-10pm (most days)

Newt.. I dont go to sleep until around 11, thats why Colton usually stays up then. But I love it, because it's more my routine.. like I'm not a morning person, I would rather stay up later and sleep in longer.. and Colton has gotten to where he wakes up and is awake between 8-9 and until I go to sleep, then he eats at 5am and goes right back to sleep until his next bottle.. usually around 9. I love it!! It's gotten to where I am usually up before he is!!

Tasha.. aww.. I hope it will get better for you! I thought about breastfeeding.. for some of the benefits, but mainly because of night convience. I didn't end up doing it though, which didn't turn out to bad with my LO because I wake as soon as he starts to stir (we cosleep).. so I instantly get up and usually have his bottle made before he really wakes up.

Noah just started doing this, He eats about 5-6 oz around 8 or 9. Then sleeps til about 2 am. All other feedings he eats 3 oz's. But he's only 6 lbs, and I was wondering when he would start eatting more!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->