Does anyone elses OH...

MinnieMoo.x

Reaction score
know how much you think about WTT?

We both know we want to have a baby together, and at the moment we are looking into buying a house. we're in a stable position, but we havn't set a date yet.
we talk about things like baby names, parenting skills etc, but nothing too serious just yet :) we have a long way to go!

so how much do you talk to your OHs about wtt?

x

know how much you think about WTT?

We both know we want to have a baby together, and at the moment we are looking into buying a house. we're in a stable position, but we havn't set a date yet.
we talk about things like baby names, parenting skills etc, but nothing too serious just yet :) we have a long way to go!

so how much do you talk to your OHs about wtt?

x

Almost every minute of every day! Oops! I don't mean to, it's just on my mind all the time, so whatever comes out of my mouth is likely to be baby related...I want to be a mommy so badly that I can't help talking about it! My OH is really good about it; she is patient and is even getting a little bit excited too. I just want it to be June already! :cry:

Mine does now we have set a date as it's all I seem to talk about - whoops - I think he is getting fed up with it but understands why

xx

DH and I talk about the vague in-the-future side of being parents, talking about names we like and things like that, but we haven't had the set-the-date talk yet, although I hope to do that soon. I'm pretty sure he knows that it's on my mind a lot, but probably not quite how much it's on my mind! I'm hiding that side of myself until after we've set a date for TTC so that I don't completely freak him out, ha ha!

He doesn't know about this site...:blush: No, if he knew how much I think about it, he just might run away screaming lol

I talk about babies and pregnancy all day every day. Drives OH mad. He said that whenever I want to talk about babies I should talk about peanut butter because he loves that like I love babies. lol

...I ran out of things to say about peanut butter within a day or two.

Me and oh talk about it ALOT and I think he thinks about it just as much as I do which is nice because I can mention it whenever and know he wont get fed up with it x

I think my OH tolerates it, he will let me go on for a while and then will change the subject. He knows i come on here, calls it my "birthing site" for some strange reason. He is getting more used now i think that its getting closer.

I am not talking about it too often xD

He doesnt know i come on here....lol. might freak him out a bit but i do talk about babies a fair bit. He contributes if he wants otherwise he just listens :rofl: i do refrain sometimes though as i dont want him to think thats all i want him for lol. OH will bring it up as well so i know its not just me thinking about it xx

My OH doesn't know about this site either. I talk about it all rather a lot, sometimes he joins in and gets my hopes up, others he clams up and tells me to change the subject... just depends what mood he is in. One thing that disappoints me is that he never instigates it, so clearly not thinking about it as much as I am!

My hubby is just as bad, lol, he tells people all the time ... i wanted to keeo quiet about TTC the next as its our baby is still so young and lots of people are against that but he keeps tellings people lol! Its really lovely though that we are both excited!

It seems like ttc gets much easier to talk about after you've had the first one together. Maybe men don't get broody until they have a little baby they can actually see and look after..
My OH doesnt know about this site either! I think he would run for the hills LOL poor guy! It makes being broody and impatient so much easier though.

I talk about babies and pregnancy all day every day. Drives OH mad. He said that whenever I want to talk about babies I should talk about peanut butter because he loves that like I love babies. lol

...I ran out of things to say about peanut butter within a day or two.

:rofl:

Mine chats about it with me - he's brill. He knows exactly how my emotions run over having children! He likes to talk about it now, when we first started talking about TTC (over a year ago) he was a bit embarrassed but he's been on my wavelength for quite a few months now!

Kintenda, i noticed your ticker says you are going to ttc during the last year of your nursing degree, im a student too, and get myself all worked up about whether to work for a while once i finish, or see about persuading OH to ttc a bit earlier than he'd planned :)
How do you feel about finishing a degree and ttc (hopefully be preggers!) by the time you finish? what made you decide to start straight away?

Kintenda, i noticed your ticker says you are going to ttc during the last year of your nursing degree, im a student too, and get myself all worked up about whether to work for a while once i finish, or see about persuading OH to ttc a bit earlier than he'd planned :)
How do you feel about finishing a degree and ttc (hopefully be preggers!) by the time you finish? what made you decide to start straight away?

Hi hon,
Well, originally we planned to start TTC last month. We started NTNP in Dec but didn't catch. I had an application in for nursing and our thoughts were that if we became preg that I would defer my place if it was offered.
When they told me that I had been accepted, we decided that it would be best to get my training out of the way first since we hadn't caught anyway, and I might be left in the position that it might take a while etc etc then have to postpone training indefinitely! I've wanted to do it for ages so that was ultimately our decision.
We decided that we'd TTC Oct in the final year as we are both very much in a TTC mindset and OH is now the male version of broody! We will obviously see how I find the workload or if I decide that I want to get some career development in first (that decision is down to me)... I do think that it's important to get some career development in but it'd just mean that I'd have to go back to work a bit earlier.
We'll see how it goes :thumbup:
Are you doing nursing as well?
x

no im doing sociology, so nowhere near as difficult as nursing! I'm nearly finished now, so I have the scary task of trying to find a job.. arghhhh!! lol.
sounds like a very sensible decision you've made :) ideally i'd love to get some work experience under my belt, I want to be a journalist, which is 1,000,000 times easier if theres no kiddywinks to worry about. But sometimes my sensible head just does not want to listen! I blame the hormones.

no im doing sociology, so nowhere near as difficult as nursing! I'm nearly finished now, so I have the scary task of trying to find a job.. arghhhh!! lol.
sounds like a very sensible decision you've made :) ideally i'd love to get some work experience under my belt, I want to be a journalist, which is 1,000,000 times easier if theres no kiddywinks to worry about. But sometimes my sensible head just does not want to listen! I blame the hormones.

Well you sound like you have made a sensible decision too :hugs:
At the end of the day, it's just down to what's right for you and your situation. Even if I did decide to put off TTC until first job (which might be difficult anyway just because I'm doing children's nursing and the jobs may be limited down here) then we'd try very soon after. I will be 26 when I graduate and although I know it's not too late, ideally I don't want to be having kids past 33 or so and OH thinks we should get them done quickly :winkwink:
Good luck with the rest of your course! I'm sure you'll find the ideal job soon :D

we talk about it a fair bit.. i just cant help it! he gets a bit annoyed but understands i think :) it just kind of comes up in conversation... for example we go to the football match and says are you going to come when i bring the baby, and the baby willl sit on his shoulders etc :)
the more he gets closer to having his career sorted the more excited he gets, i completely understand that he just wants us to feel financially secure before we try :)
xxxx

we talk about it a fair bit.. i just cant help it! he gets a bit annoyed but understands i think :) it just kind of comes up in conversation... for example we go to the football match and says are you going to come when i bring the baby, and the baby willl sit on his shoulders etc :)
the more he gets closer to having his career sorted the more excited he gets, i completely understand that he just wants us to feel financially secure before we try :)
xxxx

Aww, that's really cute!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"