Does anyone feel they eat unhealthily?

calm

Reaction score
I posted some time ago about doing a diet for better health, with healthy choices, it never happened :( Sometimes I eat healthier but so many other times I eat crisps chocolates and sandwiches. I'm not overweight, but I will be 40 next year so obviously my body can take it less and less. I'd love to be healthy, but I'm not. I'll eat fruit smoothies and salad for a few days, and then 10 days of crap :wacko: I'm finding it so so hard since having the twins to eat healthy. I have no time for food prep or cooking, no time for shopping, I have no time full stop (I write these posts very quickly as my twins start to get miffed as I'm not with them in their pen, sometimes I feel I have to be desperately quick before my kidnapper notices I'm gone :wacko:). Its all bad habit, cravings, lack of total time and laziness. Just wondered if anyone else out there has a very crap diet and would like to eat better, maybe we could motivate ourselves (or talk about how much chocolate and ready-made meals we ate today :wacko:)

Yes, definitely. You will find it gets better as the twins get bigger. For example, I can't eat crap around my eldest without her wanting some (and can't hide anywhere to eat it as she follows me). As I don't want her eating crisps/chocolate etc I end up waiting until she's in bed before I have any and only have healthier snacks that I'm happy to share with her during the day. Likewise with meals - we eat the same thing at the same time so I make sure it's healthier for her.

My mum often comes over at dinner time to help watch the kids while I cook, but if she can't do that then I normally put something in the slow cooker during the babies morning nap. I also buy lots of ready prepared veg etc (costs a lot more but you can literally open the bag and tip it into some boiling water). I put the babies in the high chairs with some toys / small snacks to play with while I prepare the food

Also, I do online shopping to save time and try not to buy any crap so it's not there to tempt me with in the first place x

Me! I feel like I've been eating badly lately which drives me insane yet I still do it- I'm my own worst enemy. It's not that I eat horrendously it's just that I find myself eating chocolate and all the bad things more than I'd like to be. Especially since becoming pregnant, I'd like to be eating more healthily!

Me. I did so well and lost almost 2 stone. Then I messed it all up and started eating realy badly. I skip breakfast, skip lunch and snack all day. On crappie foods. I need to start eating better again. I can feel the difference in my body.

Me. I hardly eat any fruit but I do love veggies. Most of the meals I make are pasta bakes or meatballs n spaghetti or frozen fish and veggies. Right now cooking is a sweet potato in the oven which I will mash, frozen green beans and frozen sweetcorn and frozen fish in butter sauce. I find it hard to fit in cooking aswell. I also do allow myself to eat chocolate and crisps whenever I feel like it. I'm not overweight either but I want to eat healthier. Xx

It depends on what you see as crap. For me, fruit smoothies and salads are crap, there ia no way I'd feel good eating like that. You need fats and proteins!

I try to eat lots of fruit and veg, which generally isn't a problem. It's wha I eat through the day to go with it that is the problem. Iv had McDonald's breakfast today. This has got worse since I've been pregnant because I can't seem to stomach anything I've made. Even sandwiches. But I could eat them from a packet in Tesco.

My kids are such bad fussy eaters, I worry about my daughters weight but I have been trying unsuccessfully to get them to eat better for years. They always have a good healthy choice to go with their dinners, they just won't try anything at all.

It's so easy to just bung stuff in the oven. Your not alone.

Me!

I only had my baby 4 weeks ago come Thursday and I'm almost down to my pre pregnancy weight (4lb to go!) but I had a c section so losing weight is tough.

I'm slightly overweight just now but only coz I was about to start dieting when I got my bfp! This is the heaviest I have ever been, so realistically I do need to lose a bit more than the 4lb to be happy.

For me it is juggling time. I have a newborn who is pretty much nocturnal, a large dog who needs a lot of exercise, we have had an almost constant stream of visitors who seem to think it's okay to visit from 5pm and not leave until about 9pm, some days I'm literally surviving on instant coffee until our evening meal which is at 10pm some nights. My problem is when visitors are in I feel the need to put out biscuits, cakes etc and I'm so bloody hungry I scoff like 3. We are also skint as we are trying to put money away to have more time off so we are sort f living from the freezer and tin cupboard. Not good!

Thank you everyone for your responses. Seems like I'm thanking people for being unhealthy :haha: I feel like I'm putting my life together in small sections so I hope to get round to the food, and find time to do it. I don't have the time when my twins nap as I have to nap too then, as sleep at night is not good at all. I'm thinking of following a book called Clean Cuisine

My tea consisted of 14 pigs in blankets (the little ones). That's literally it. Don't have the time nor the energy to plan, prepare and eat healthy full meals.
My diet is sooo bad.

Yes I'm the same. I feel huge and fat. I did so well before Orion and now, well now it's all gone wrong. I'm breast feeding and he's non-dairy, no berries, no eggs in certain states (like fried, omelette, Mayo etc) and no peanuts, it should make me healthier but I keep trying to find tasty snacks ��

I don't eat healthy at all! It's a mixture of not eating enough on some days and eating too much on others. And then what I do eat is complete crap. Between being tired from pregnancy and running after a toddler, and making sure he eats by the time I get to me, I usually can't be bothered. If I do eat it's junk.

I eat chocolate and drink mountain dew on the daily, so yeah, I eat like sh*t. My issue with eating healthy is all the preparation that needs to go into it. I'm insanely lazy, and after cooking/preparing meals for my kids first, I just want to sit and do nothing. If my body didn't need the nutrients to survive, and I could get away with almost never eating, I would, and that's just out of pure laziness, not because I have an eating disorder :haha:

Maybe its because I'm older (39), and I have a lot of hip/back problems, but I am so sure if I ate properly it would be better, and I still can't get there. Its so hard without any time :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->