Does anyone give the Lo petit filous?

everhopeful

Reaction score
Hi,

HV recommended petit filous mixed in with some fruit puree. Does anyone give their LO petit filous and what age did you start? I wasn't sure if we could??

Thanks,
xx

Petit Filous are full of sugar I'm afraid. Someone posted a link to their website a while ago and it out they have a teaspoon of added sugar per pot, and given how small the pots are, I think that's pretty alarming!

Have heard others say Muller little stars are a good alternative.

I use muller little stars, petits filous just taste like dust to me, little stars are yum! I started at 6mos, he loves his yoggies (well, fromage frais) and they are all he will eat when his teeth are really sore, nice n cool I guess.

I'm afraid I'd never give petit filous for the reasons above, and adding fruit puree is more sugar. Little stars apparently have 2 teaspoons of sugar per pot. 5 grams of sugar = 1 teaspoon.

I'd start off with Yeo Valley natural yogurt at first. Young babies don't have any need for sugar, and their taste buds are much more sensitive than ours.

The recommended age for yogurt is 6 months in the UK.

I use natural fromage frais and mix in fruit purree. Today he had banana and loved it :) xx

Yeah I agree with the others who have said just use natural yogurt or fromage frais if you're going to add fruit to it anyway :shrug: Weird suggestion from your HV!

I either give Rachel's Organics my first yoghurts, as they don't have any added sugar, or natural yoghurt with fruit puree mixed in. Lots of the yoghurt/dairy products aimed at babies and children have lots of sugar in them so i tend to avoid them.

i'm not totally against these yoghurts every now and again, rhys like yeo valley yoghurt with a mashed banana, rasberries or a few strawberries mashed in or now just chopped up in there. alot more tastier and cheaper, yeo valley is only 29p a pot and theres two servings in them :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->