Does anyone have a name they love but the spouse hates?

Babyfor2

Reaction score
I'm really sad because I love the name Vienna, its like Anna but more unique. My whole family hates it because they think it reminds them of the sausage. I just feel like if I have a girl and they are staring at my beautiful daughter they won't be thinking of sausage anymore, just her. Like the song dear Vienna by owl city... Your not thinking of a link of sausage the whole time... My husband feels the same way about the name as they do and idk what to do about it. He said he tried to like it but couldn't.... I however am set in stone on it. HELLLLP!

I definitely don't think of sausage! It reminds me of the city or the Ultravox song.

I thought of Vienna, Austria, not sausages!!
Our DD is called Indiana - we both loved this name, but the amount of people who made movie jokes or archeology jokes got a bit tedious, but didn't last long!

I love the name Hans Werner for a boy (am of swiss German origin); OH not keen.
He likes Julian for a boy and I don't. As for girl names, well.... we have a few weeks yet!

Lol I didn't think of the sausage.
I thought of the place. But my daughter has a place name too.

I think it's cute.

And the only advice I have is don't tell anyone your final name till baby is here except for oh of course. Because only an idiot would express a dislike for a name a child has already been named. :)

My husband and I are having big name issues. I love the name Natalie and he can't stand it. I also like Hannah and he does not. There are a ton more we vehemently disagree on. In fact the only girl name we both like is Ivy. We are totally screwed if we have a boy. Seth and Isaac we agree on but tbh at this point none grab me like they should. Good thing we have plenty of time cause we are gonna need it.

Lol I didn't think of the sausage.
I thought of the place. But my daughter has a place name too.

I think it's cute.

And the only advice I have is don't tell anyone your final name till baby is here except for oh of course. Because only an idiot would express a dislike for a name a child has already been named. :)

Very good advice!!! And very true lol. So far only my sisters and cousins know. My sisters and hubby are the only ones that show open distaste for the name....

I didn't think of sausage, I thought of Austria as well.

I agree with those who have recommended not to tell people. We got comments when we were pregnant with DS so this time around, we're not telling people.

I understand how much it sucks to love a name and have your OH hate it. I really love the name Dain but my husband hates it so I have set it aside. I'm a firm believer in compromise when it comes to baby names though because it's not just my child.

I didn't think of sausage, I thought of Austria as well.

I agree with those who have recommended not to tell people. We got comments when we were pregnant with DS so this time around, we're not telling people.

I understand how much it sucks to love a name and have your OH hate it. I really love the name Dain but my husband hates it so I have set it aside. I'm a firm believer in compromise when it comes to baby names though because it's not just my child.

Love the name Dain! I bet my hubby would not since it rhymes with his.

We were settled on our boy's name before we even got pregnant, but were really torn on a girl's. I loved the name Scarlett but he didn't like it at all...guess it doesn't matter anyways because we're having a boy!

I love the name Bregg for this little boy but my husband had a boss he didn't like named Craig and he said it sounds too much like Craig, that just seems like apples & oranges to me but he's insisting that he doesn't like it.

I didnt think of sausages at all! I thought of the city, and its a beautiful city.

I want Sienna but my hubby isnt a fan :( I still havent given up on it. He wants Tamara but with the aussie accent people will make fun of her with "see you tomorra!". Way worse than Sienna imo!

I agree with steph, I like Sienna which cancels out the sausage reference. I like Viennna, but in my mind it makes me think of Vienetta, the ice cream. Better than sausage. I love Aubin, but it's not allowed :( xx

Yes our original girls name for our first as we didn't know what we were having and was a boy was Addison wynta lee and we both loved it at that stage now he says he hates it :( I have had my heart set on this name for almost 3 years and it sucks that he doesn't like it anymore!

You're not the only one, op! Lol

I'm not good with boys names at all. I only like Alexander and Xavier at the moment. He doesn't like neither one. I've also mentioned Cameron, and he said it's just okay. It's going to be a battle but we gotta agree on something. In my opinion, just because I've always liked certain names doesn't mean OH doesn't stand a chance at the naming process. We made the baby together, so we gotta agree on something. Meet in the middle.

I like Elise but hubby doesn't. He likes Emily, which I like too. So Emily wins ha ha ;)

I really wanted to use my great grandmothers name....Issma. OH really cannot stand it. All my life I have said if I ever have a daughter she will be Issma Ivy. Ivy being my paternal grandmothers name.

I swear my baby is going to be nameless till birth or longer.

We have gone though so many "loved" names. But then when it comes to sticking with it one of us back peddles and it's back to square one.

We were at hunter.
Then I wanted Eli ( hubby doesn't like)
Then he wanted Charlie or Andre and I HATE THEM.
Then we agreed on Nate, but both don't like it now.
My daughter is set on Max from max and ruby.

Now we are considering Vincent or Flecture. ( but oh is like ok such and such named their kid Flecture. )
So what I know someone DH and I both dislike with a kid called Vincent but I still like the name.

We both have major issues with name associations. It would be so much easier if we could get over the fact that we once knew someone named "x" and he was a tool or someone named "x" and she was a cow. Sigh. It's not as if we wouldn't begin to associate then name with our child after a short while vs some person we knew in school or whatever!

I swear my baby is going to be nameless till birth or longer.

We have gone though so many "loved" names. But then when it comes to sticking with it one of us back peddles and it's back to square one.

We were at hunter.
Then I wanted Eli ( hubby doesn't like)
Then he wanted Charlie or Andre and I HATE THEM.
Then we agreed on Nate, but both don't like it now.
My daughter is set on Max from max and ruby.

Now we are considering Vincent or Flecture. ( but oh is like ok such and such named their kid Flecture. )
So what I know someone DH and I both dislike with a kid called Vincent but I still like the name.

hehe my sons name is hunter! and our backup name was naite but a friend just took that and eli is also on our list lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->